PDA

View Full Version : Queens man, 18, brutally beats brother, 22, with bat in fight over sweatpants

Teh One Who Knocks
12-30-2015, 11:57 AM
BY Dale W. Eisinger, Rocco Parascandola, Rich Schapiro - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/VPiqruy.png

There's no doubt who wears the pants among these battling Queens brothers.

A senseless argument over a pair of sweatpants escalated into a near-fatal attack when one brother repeatedly smashed his sibling in the skull with a baseball bat, sources and relatives said Tuesday.

Joseph Demonteverde, a 22-year-old Marine, suffered severe head trauma and bleeding on the brain after his brother Rudy, 18, bashed him about five times, sources said.

“This s--t crazy, two brothers fighting for no reason,” said the youngest Demonteverde brother Steven, 16, who witnessed the Cain and dis-Abel bashing.

In an exclusive interview with the Daily News, Steven described in gruesome detail what led to the Sunday afternoon beatdown inside the family’s East Elmhurst home.

The confrontation was set in motion when Joseph walked into the brothers’ bedroom and noticed a pair of khaki American Eagle jogger pants — that didn’t belong to him — draped on his bed.

http://i.imgur.com/b16dS7R.png

The pants were a size large. Joseph wears a medium.

Irate over the unfamiliar casual wear on his bed, Joseph got in Steven’s face. Rudy was still asleep just a few feet away.

“Joseph was just complaining and complaining,” Steven said. “Rudy woke up and said, ‘Yo, man. Leave my little brother alone. He hasn’t done nothing bad.’”

The 5-foot-10 Rudy jumped out of bed and confronted his larger, more muscular brother. The pair started trading blows.

BROOKLYN MAN CHARGED WITH DEATH OF WOMAN FOUND STABBED IN QUEENS PARK

At one point, Joseph picked up Rudy’s black Asus laptop. Rudy scooped up a purple aluminum bat, and the feuding brothers squared off.

“I was trying to get in the middle to try and stop it,” Steven said. “Joseph pushed me away.”

Rudy cracked his brother multiple times, broke down crying and then ran out of the house, Steven said.

“He said, ‘I’m sorry, brother. I didn’t want to do this man,’” Steven recalled.

Joseph was left splayed out on the kitchen floor, blood pouring from his head.

Steven called 911. The gravely wounded victim mumbled that he was cold and wanted to go to sleep.

“I said to my sister to try to wake up this man because I don’t want him to die right here,” Steven said.

Joseph was clinging to life when he was rushed to Elmhurst Medical Center. In addition to head trauma, Joseph suffered a fractured cheek bone and eye socket, court papers show.

He was talking and able to move his feet after coming out of a coma Monday, Steven said.

Rudy was arrested after Steven chased him down and persuaded him to return to the house, sources said.

The sibling suspect was arraigned Monday on attempted murder and assault charges. Queens Criminal Court Judge Ernest Hart set bail at $100,000.

Rudy told detectives he started beating his brother after the elder sibling hurled his laptop, according to court records.

Steven said he was still shocked his normally mild-mannered brother, who is studying to be a video game designer, snapped in such violent fashion.

“Rudy doesn’t make problems,” Steven said. “He doesn’t talk to nobody, he doesn’t go out. He stays locked in his room watching movies on his laptop.”

Fodster
12-30-2015, 12:00 PM
they are some cracking sweatpants, I just got some in the sales

deebakes
12-31-2015, 01:27 AM
:facepalm: