PDA

View Full Version : California Gun Confiscation Goes Into Effect On January 1

Teh One Who Knocks
12-30-2015, 12:37 PM
Louis Babcock - Inqisitr

http://i.imgur.com/0bdDx6T.jpg

On September 30, 2014, Governor Jerry Brown signed a law that will allow a person’s guns to be confiscated if a judge can be convinced that a person with a gun is a danger to himself or others. This law, AB 1014, goes into effect on January 1, 2016. If a judge decides that a person owning a gun “poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to himself, herself or another by having in his or her custody or control,” a gun violence restraining order will go into effect. The GVRO will be in place for 21 days. The 21-day gun confiscation willallow a person to cool off and be evaluated by a psychologist for mental health disorder. Los Angeles Police Department Assistant Chief Michael Moore commented on the new law.

“The law gives us a vehicle to cause the person to surrender their weapons, to have a time out, if you will. It allows further examination of the person’s mental state. It’s a short duration and it allows for due process. It’s an opportunity for mental health professionals to provide an analysis of a person’s mental state.”

The 2014 law was drafted and signed due to a response to the shootout done by Elliot Rodger. During Rodger’s shooting spree, Rodger shot and killed six people and injured 14 others. Instead of going to prison, Roger killed himself. Wendy Patrick, a San Diego State University professor, and lawyer spoke with a CBS affiliate.

Is this a violation of the Second Amendment? Second Amendment advocates are saying that this is a violation of a person’s constitutional rights. Gun laws in California are considered to already be the strictest in the nation which Second Amendment advocates already have problems with. Now that guns can be confiscated for 21 days, some consider this a slippery slope that will lead to the ability to confiscate guns from a person permanently. According to Sam Paredes, who is the executive director of Gun Owners of California, “We don’t need another law to solve this problem.”

The right to own guns is one of the most divisive topics in the United States. Since the terrorist attack in San Bernadino, and with the ongoing trend of mass shootings, some people in Washington want to drastically change the gun laws in the United States. President Obama is on record saying that during his last year in office he will sign an executive order in regards to the gun laws. The executive order that President Obama is expected to sign will close the gun show loophole.

While California will be tightening their already strict gun laws on January 1, Texas is also making a change on January 1 for gun owners. On January 1, gun owners in Texas will be able to carry their gun in a holster in open view to the public. Many stores and gun shops are debating on whether they will allow people inside of their stores with a gun in plain view. Some stores have gone as far as saying they will ban anyone from their store if the carrying a gun in the open. Other places, like First Baptist Church of Arlington, are not going to ban anyone if they have a gun holstered in plain view. Senior Pastor for the First Baptist Church of Arlington, Dennis Wiles, weighed in on the subject.

Which state is right? California with their new ability to confiscate guns, or Texas who allows open carry?

Is this a violation of the Second Amendment?

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Does Porky have any guns? Let's fuck with him. Anybody up for making an anonymous call to the state of California?

fricnjay
12-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Texas is about to have open carry and we have on average about have of the gun violence as California. :tup:

My dad bought my wife and I both a gift certificate to get our CHL for Christmas. :tup:

fricnjay
12-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Whats really interesting I will be carrying a gun very similar to the one in the photo up there. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/GwAVCWl.jpg

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2015, 09:58 PM
I need to go get my carry license. I just don't feel like driving to the Probate Court.

Hugh_Janus
12-30-2015, 10:00 PM
what was that you said charlton heston....

fricnjay
12-30-2015, 10:07 PM
I need to go get my carry license. I just don't feel like driving to the Probate Court.

What state are you in?

PorkChopSandwiches
12-30-2015, 10:26 PM
Does Porky have any guns? Let's fuck with him. Anybody up for making an anonymous call to the state of California?

:slap:

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2015, 10:32 PM
what was that you said charlton heston....

Got a problem, English boy?

What state are you in?

Georgia. It's relatively easy to get a carry license here. The Probate Court is on the other side of the county and I just haven't felt like going over to get it. Although if Mush keeps fuckin' with me about it, I'll end up getting my Title II license as well.

:slap:

:lol: :dance:

fricnjay
12-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Georgia. It's relatively easy to get a carry license here. The Probate Court is on the other side of the county and I just haven't felt like going over to get it. Although if Mush keeps fuckin' with me about it, I'll end up getting my Title II license as well.

In Texas you have to take an 8 hour course.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2015, 10:34 PM
In Texas you have to take an 8 hour course.

:-k

What's it cover?

fricnjay
12-30-2015, 10:39 PM
:-k

What's it cover?

An original (first-time) LTC applicant must complete classroom training, pass a written examination and pass a proficiency demonstration (shooting). All classroom and proficiency must be conducted by an LTC instructor certified by DPS. The classroom instruction may be a four to six hour course and must cover the four (4) statutory required topics:

Laws that relate to weapons and the use of deadly force
Handgun use and safety, including use of restraint holsters and methods to ensure the secure carrying of openly carried handguns
Non-violent dispute resolution
Proper storage practices for handguns with an emphasis on storage practices that eliminate the possibility of accidental injury to a child

Revised (9/2013
Texas Concealed Handgun License
Proficiency Demonstration
Course of Fire
The following course of fire is required for proficiency demonstration. To successfully qualify, shooters must
complete this course with a minimum score of 70%
(175 out of possible 250).
For CHL Instructors, the
minimum score is 90% (225 out of possible 250).
If any malfunctions are encountered, the shooter will work
through the problem and finish the course of fire.
If rounds are held (not fired within the allotted time), the shots
will be scored as misses.
All courses of fire will be scored on a standard B-27 target. The B-27 target must be 24
inches by 45 inches and may be one of four colors; black, blue, red, or green. The target shall be scored utilizing
the 5, 4, 3 scoring
diagram in the upper left hand corner.
Stage 1:
Twenty shots
(20) will be fired from 3 yards.
A.
Five (5)
shots
fired in a “One Shot Exercise” 2 seconds allowed
for each shot.
B.
Ten shots
(10)
fired in a “Two Shot Exercise” 3 seconds
allowed for each two shot
sequence.
C.
Five (5)
shots
fired in 10
seconds
Stage 2:
Twenty shots
(20) will be fired from 7 yards

fired 5
stages.
A.
Five (5)
shots will be fired in 10 seconds
B.
Five (5)
shots will be fired in 2 stages:
Two
(2)
shots will be fired in 4 seconds
Three
(3)
shots will be fired in 6 seconds
C.
Five (5)
shots
fired in a “One Shot Exercise”
seconds allowed for each shot.
D. Five (5) shots
fired in 15 seconds.
Stage 3:
Ten shots
(10) fired from 15 yards

fired in two 5-shot strings.
A.
Five (5)
shots fired in two stages:
Two (2)
shots fired in 6 seconds.
Three (3)
shots fired in 9 seconds.
B.
Five (5)
shots fired in 15
seconds.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Wow, that's a lot. We just have to pass 3 background checks: 2 federal and 1 state. If you're not refused on the NICS check when attempting to purchase a firearm, then you're pretty much good to go.

fricnjay
12-30-2015, 10:47 PM
I have a lot of friends that have gone through it and they say its pretty easy if your gun savvy. Pretty basic but boring. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2015, 10:53 PM
I suppose it's good that the state is forcing some kind of training. You have to interact with people that might be able to see if there's something wrong with you. I know a few people around here that have carry licenses and they probably shouldn't be allowed to sell lemonade.

fricnjay
12-30-2015, 10:58 PM
I suppose it's good that the state is forcing some kind of training. You have to interact with people that might be able to see if there's something wrong with you. I know a few people around here that have carry licenses and they probably shouldn't be allowed to sell lemonade.

:lol: :tup:

Hugh_Janus
12-30-2015, 11:13 PM
Got a problem, English boy?

was that meant for me? Because I'm not english.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2015, 11:16 PM
:nana: