PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rock on Jennifer Lawrence: 'If she was black, she’d really have something to complain about'

Teh One Who Knocks
01-04-2016, 11:26 AM
By Maane Khatchatourian - Variety Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/5mANP5E.jpg

Chris Rock thinks Jennifer Lawrence has a lot less to complain about than black women when it comes to her movie pay.

The comic told the New Yorker that the “Hunger Games” star would have far greater problems in the industry “if she was black.”

“Black women have the hardest gig in show business,” he told the New Yorker for a profile on “Saturday Night Live’s” Leslie Jones. “You hear Jennifer Lawrence complaining about getting paid less because she’s a woman — if she was black, she’d really have something to complain about.”

Lawrence wrote a now-famous essay in the Lenny newsletter in October slamming the gender pay inequality in Hollywood. The actress, who’s currently starring in “Joy,” discovered following last year’s Sony hack that she earned less than her male co-stars in “American Hustle” — Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner.

“I’m over trying to find the ‘adorable’ way to state my opinion and still be likable! F--- that,” she concluded in the essay titled “Why Do I Make Less Than My Male Co-Stars?” Lawrence has since been extremely vocal about the issue of gender parity.

Rock, who met Jones, 48, as they were getting their feet wet in the comedy scene in the late 1980s, helped the comedian land her current gig on “Saturday Night Live” after she struggled to catch her big break, working 25 years as a road comic.

“Every black comedian in the country knew what I could do,” Jones said in the article. “But that doesn’t mean everyone else is paying attention.”

Rock asked “SNL” creator Lorne Michaels to give Jones the opportunity to audition for the NBC sketch comedy show when the executive producer was searching for new female cast members last December.

“I mentioned her to several managers and agents over the years. Everybody passed. Lorne, because he’s the best at what he does, is the one who saw it. I don’t think he’d hired a cast member her age in a long time,” Rock said.

Jones — the oldest cast member “SNL” had ever hired — will star in Paul Feig’s “Ghostbusters” reboot for Sony.

Goofy
01-04-2016, 11:53 AM
:yawn:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-04-2016, 11:57 AM
:yawn:

Pay attention!! Black people always have things worse!! :snapout:

:privilege:

Goofy
01-04-2016, 12:09 PM
Pay attention!! Black people always have things worse!! :snapout:

:privilege:

Yeah, those poor millionaire comedians :(

RBP
01-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Yes and poor Jennifer Lawrence has to eat Ramen because of the mixup on her food stamps. :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Yes and poor Jennifer Lawrence has to eat Ramen because of the mixup on her food stamps. :sad2:

At least she's white, if she was black she wouldn't even have Ramen :hand:

Muddy
01-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Oh Fuck you, Chris Rock..

Teh One Who Knocks
01-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Oh Fuck you, Chris Rock..

You sound white :hand:

Hal-9000
01-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Could it be...overall....that the male parts in films contain more scenes, more script, more acting = more onscreen time?

:-k

I rarely listen when any actor whines about their pay to begin with. As for Rock's friend...if the black woman actor demographic doesn't usually pay or exist, why not try another career?

Muddy
01-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Not that it matters... But everyone of these yahoos that says racist shit about my people, see's no more money from me. Sam Jackson, Tarantino, Chris rock, Kanye.. The list is getting really really long. I also try and not forget the shit they say, so when people are saying "Oh so and so are so awesome" I can politely remind them that 'so and so' hates your guts because of the color of your white skin.

fricnjay
01-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Rich people with their rich people problems....:-k :huh:

Oofty Goofty
01-05-2016, 03:44 AM
I've got a buddy that owns a roofing company. He pays everyone the same.