PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Honors Michael Vick With Key To City

Oofty Goofty
02-10-2011, 03:24 AM
Philadelphia Eagles QB Michael Vick was awarded the key to the city of Dallas, igniting outrage in the animal rights community and controversy in local politics.

Dallas politicians are at odds over Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway's decision to honor Vick, who was released from federal prison in 2009 after serving 19 months for his involvement in a dogfighting ring.

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick.

Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert said the action took place without his knowledge.

Caraway defended the decision in an interview with ESPN:

"The message and the kids are far greater than all this response about, 'Why give him the key to the city?' He is telling kids and exchanging with them the rights and wrongs of the things that he did and encouraging kids to further their education and to not deal with the drugs. To obey their parents and pick the people they hang around."

Mayor Leppert issued a statement Monday morning, saying that Caraway's action "was not sanctioned by my office and was not an official ceremonial honor on behalf of the City of Dallas."

Caraway responded Monday that he cares "deeply about animals."

"Since making some bad choices, Michael Vick has devoted time to speaking to children about staying in school, staying away from drugs, making positive choices about picking friends, and the importance of education," Caraway said. "That was the focus of the event. ... For those reasons, Michael Vick deserves such an action from my office."

Hal-9000
02-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I'll bet.. this decision comes back to bite him in the ass...

:dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eEGCZ.jpg

Deepsepia
02-11-2011, 05:08 AM
Michael Vick has the key?

Well I guess now we finally do have an answer to the eternal question:

Who let the dogs out?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Michael Vick has the key?