PDA

View Full Version : Vaginal Speaker Allows Moms To Play Songs To Their Fetuses

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2016, 12:44 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/TQZzzpW.png

Musical-minded moms-to-be can now expose their fetuses to their favorite tunes thanks to a small speaker, Babypod, which can be inserted into the vagina.

According to the Babypod website: "Babies learn to speak in response to sound stimuli, especially melodic sound. Babypod is a device that stimulates before birth through music. With Babypod, babies learn to vocalize from the womb."

"The only way the music can really reach the baby is vaginally," the company claims.

In a 2008 study, researchers at Brigham Young University found that babies as young as 5 months old could appreciate and differentiate among classical songs, notes the Daily Mail.

For moms who want to experiment with this musical option, the Babypod costs about $133.

The Babypod is operated with a smartphone app, plays up to 54 decibels, but is not recommended until the 16th week of pregnancy. Then moms can play tunes in 10- to 20-minute intervals.

Babypod says the speaker will not harm the fetus, but if you're a regular viewer of "Sex Sent Me To The ER" on TLC, you know what odd things can become stuck there. And it's always a good idea to talk to your doctor before you try anything new.

Goofy
01-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Get a bit of Iron Maiden on the go :headbang:

Griffin
01-07-2016, 12:42 AM
I bet they charge extra for a thumping bass :D