PDA

View Full Version : Woman Posts About Rape Just Minutes After It Happens, Receives Backlash

Teh One Who Knocks
01-07-2016, 12:23 PM
By Emily Smith - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/Y3e0KTw.jpg

Rape survivor and activist Amber Amour shared the intimate details of her sexual assault on social media just moments after it happened, according to Marie Claire UK. She has since received quite a lot of backlash.

Amour was in Cape Town, South Africa, promoting her “Stop Rape. Educate.” campaign in November when she was attacked by a man named Shakir. She had left her hostel after a two day bout of food poisoning when she ran into Shakir. He offered to take a shower with Amour, and she agreed. However, she refused his offer in the end when he forced her on her knees.

“As soon as I got in the bathroom, he forced me to my knees,” Amour said. “I said ‘stop!’ but he just got more violent.”

Amour then took to Instagram to post a photo of herself crying and explain her story.

“Here I was, telling survivors every single day that they should speak up… I knew I had to practice what I preached,” Amour said. “So the first thing I did was take a picture and write a post, describing what had happened.”

Amour said she posted the photo and caption while she was still in the bathroom where Shakir raped her, and that she had simply posted it on instinct.

Amour noted that there was no evidence of the rape because everything had been washed away in the shower and South African police wouldn’t take her seriously. She explained that cops were enough, not to mention the rape kit she later had to deal with.

In response to commenters who said that she invited Shakir to rape her by showering with him, Amour said that nothing is an invitation to sexual assault.

Goofy
01-07-2016, 01:24 PM
meh

PorkChopSandwiches
01-07-2016, 04:51 PM
She got in the shower.... fuck off

HyperV12
01-07-2016, 05:48 PM
So she agrees to shower with a guy and is surprised he wanted a shag? :rofl:

Hugh_Janus
01-07-2016, 08:12 PM
just got raped.... better take a selfie and post about it on instagram #YOLO