PDA

View Full Version : The bizarre object which 'fell from the sky' that UFO hunters say is 'proof of aliens'

Teh One Who Knocks
01-15-2016, 01:04 PM
By Jon Austin - The Express

http://i.imgur.com/xxB0sH4.jpg

Taking the late Bob White's account at face value, he and a friend found this strange lump of metal near a remote highway in isolated America after an apparent UFO sighting.

It was discovered at the location where they claimed to see a multi-coloured object fall out of a huge ball of light as it ascended upwards into the sky.

As a result of the strangeness of what became known as Bob White's UFO artefact, coupled with the description of how he found it, the object has been branded "not just the smoking gun evidence" for aliens, but "the bullet", by UFO believers ever since.

Mr White has sworn that in 1985 he was asleep while a companion drove him through remote areas between Grand Junction, Colorado and the Utah border.

It was two or 3am when his friend awake him a second time to say the light in the sky they saw before was getting bigger.

His account remained steadfast until his death in 2009.

He said: "The light was about the size of a full harvest moon.

"As we got closer, it grew larger.

"When we were a few hundred yards from it, I turned off the ignition and we coasted up close to it.

http://i.imgur.com/zhnMjDr.jpg

"It was huge, the size of a very big barn. I got out of the car for a better look.

"For some unknown reason, Jan turned on the headlights, and this light went up in the sky as fast as my eyes could follow it.

"Then I saw another small light, bright orange with a tinge of yellow, white, and blue falling from it."

Mr White said he climbed an incline and headed for where he thought it would have landed.

He said: "I found a groove in the ground about 18 inches deep and nine inches wide.

"I followed the groove and there it lay.

"It was still glowing."

http://i.imgur.com/JGouXkA.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rocu-tGAFo

For the next 11 years he claimed to hide the object away for fear of any declaration damaging a career in the entertainment business.

Then in 1996 he began telling his story and spent the next 13 years trying to get the metal object recognised as an historic discovery.

He toured UFO conferences, had the object sent for scientific analysis, and even set up the Museum of the Unexplained in Reeds Spring, Missouri, to house it and other curious objects.

After 13 laboratory tests it was confirmed the discovery was a solid centred aluminium alloy.

Across all the tests, 33 elements were all know to be found on Earth were identified, but no two labs gave the exact same results.

None concluded that it could only be of extra terrestrial origin, but it was said that some of its isotopic ratios matched those found in meteorites found on Earth.

So for all his efforts, and although many have branded it the smoking gun, it never was confirmed where it came from.

But Ean Harrison says the object is not as rare as it seemed, and he used to use them as garden ornaments.

Mr Harrison, a retired steel foundry quality control supervisor, recognised it as soon as he saw it.

He said the origin of the "metal stalagmite" was much more mundane and was the result of a metal grinding industrial process.

He wrote: "The object in question is made of accreted grinding residue.

"It forms in a manner similar to a common stalagmite when metal castings are 'cleaned' on large stationary grinders.

"The grinding dust is spewed downward into the wheel guard at a temperature near the melting point of the parent metal.

"When the metal dust and grinding wheel abrasive hit the bottom of the guard, the melted epoxy wheel binder glues the mixture together.

"Over time a stalagmite is slowly created from the bottom up, that fuses the parent metals into the characteristic form.

"Depending on the size of the machine, a stalagmite can easily grow to a length of two feet or more.

"Eventually the stalagmite grows high enough to block the opening at the base of the grinding guard.

"The housing must be opened, the stalagmite broken off, thrown away, recycled, used as a yard ornament, or reported as something tossed out of a UFO."

So case closed?

Mr Harrison is happy of that and was angry "people had been deceived for so long."

Fodster
01-15-2016, 01:05 PM
I thought it was poo?