PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky High School Student Shocked By Dress That Got Her Kicked Out Of Class

Teh One Who Knocks
01-19-2016, 01:49 PM
By Brendan Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/TsKQzyI.jpg

A high school senior in Kentucky is upset after an outfit that she would consider perfectly normal got her in trouble with her school.

“I feel like I was somebody that had something wrong even though I know I hadn’t,” Amanda Durbin told WBKO.

Amanda is a senior at Edmonson County High School and on January 15, she was one of “at least 30 or 40” girls who were either sent home from school or forced to change their clothes due to supposed dress code violations.

According to Edmonson County Principal Tommy Hodges, the school recently made a decision to begin strictly enforcing the dress code that has already in place for three years.

“As of a teacher’s meeting Wednesday afternoon, we’ve told the teachers we need to be more consistent and we need to look at the dress code to make sure we’re enforcing it,’ Principal Hodges told WBKO.

Durbin says that her dress, which she wore over a pair of black leggings, was tested for length by getting on her knees and having a teacher measure the distance from the floor to the end of her dress.

http://i.imgur.com/4He1Gnb.png

“There were at least 30 to 40 or more girls that were either sent home or told they needed to change because they were out of dress code,” Durbin said. “Some of them were wearing the same thing I was wearing.”

The school’s dress code says that “Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be no more than six inches from the floor while kneeling.”

“I’ve had people saying that’s something they would wear to church,” Amanda’s mother, Alexandria Durbin, said. “If it’s appropriate for you to go to church in, why isn’t it appropriate for you to go to school in?”

Principal Hodges had a direct response to Amanda’s mother’s question.

“We’re not a church, we’re not a business, we’re a school,” he said. “It’s where kids are learning and we’re trying to educate them everyday. Whether the dress code is a little more strict or a little more relaxed, we’re a different entity than everything that has been mentioned.”

Hodges said that every student has a copy of the school’s dress code in the student hand book given to them and signed by parents at the beginning of every school year.

The dress code is decided by the site base council, according to the school district. They said that they would be willing to discuss altering the dress code if the community decided that changes are needed.

Goofy
01-19-2016, 01:53 PM
So there's a dress code.......... maybe try following it :shrug:

Muddy
01-19-2016, 02:26 PM
You little whore.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2016, 04:41 PM
was tested for length by getting on her knees .

:wank: