PDA

View Full Version : Maine Gov. Paul LePage Wants To 'Bring The Guillotine Back'

Teh One Who Knocks
01-27-2016, 12:58 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/OVAbBFY.png

Republican Gov. Paul LePage of Maine called for the guillotine for drug dealers on Jan. 26.

"I think the death penalty should be appropriate for people that kill Mainers,” LePage said during his weekly radio interview on WVOM, notes the Bangor Daily News.

LePage added that a four-year jail sentence wasn't long enough for people who sell drugs: "We gotta go to twenty years. We gotta keep them here until they die!"

"Actually, if you want my honest opinion, we should give them an injection of the stuff they sell,” LePage added. “I’m just appalled at people getting angry at me for making a comment when they protect these people. And the ACLU, mind you, is the worst organization in the state of Maine protecting these people.”

As the interview was coming to an end, LePage said, "What I think what we ought to do is bring the guillotine back ... We could have public executions and we could even have which hole it falls in.”

On Jan. 6, LePage made what were perceived as racial comments about drug dealers during a town hall in Bridgeton, Maine, notes the Portland Press Herald.

“These are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty – these types of guys – that come from Connecticut and New York, they come up here, they sell their heroin, then they go back home,” LePage said.

“Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young white girl before they leave, which is a real sad thing because then we have another issue that we gotta to deal with down the road.”

deebakes
01-28-2016, 12:42 AM
:woot: