PDA

View Full Version : Customer Speaks Out About Racial Slur At Craft Store

Teh One Who Knocks
01-27-2016, 01:04 PM
By Sean Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/70uzReN.jpg

An Indianapolis, Indiana, woman was shocked and outraged to discover a racial epithet spelled out in a display of craft letters at an arts and crafts store.

Bridgette Drake posted about the incident on Facebook, explaining that she’d gone to her local Michaels store with her 12-year-old daughter and noticed that somebody had used the craft letters to display a misspelled version of the N-word.

“I went to the front and told them about the issue," Drake wrote in the Jan. 23 Facebook post. "The response they had was more than [ridiculous], ignorant, racist and truly [unacceptable]. The lady said while laughing, ‘Oh I did that (sarcastically), but no really that is hilarious.’ To which I replied ‘No that is not hilarious you need to go fix it.'"

“She realized I was not amused or joking and completely changed her joking jovial face," Drake continued. "Just because I am white, I do not tolerate injustice and also find it absurd that she would assume I would find racial slurs even moderately funny.”

Drake wrote that her biracial daughter, who was with her at the time, was “beyond devastated” by the shocking phrase displayed in the store.

“To say the least the employee's behavior was beyond inappropriate and you should be ashamed for hiring such employees," Drake wrote of the employee. "She should be fired."

She later posted an update on the incident, saying that she was contacted by the district manager, who promised to handle the situation.

Drake’s post quickly went viral, garnering over 5,500 shares and over 5,000 likes in two days.

Goofy
01-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Drake wrote that her biracial daughter, who was with her at the time, was “beyond devastated” by the shocking phrase displayed in the store.

Aye, so she was :roll:

RBP
01-27-2016, 01:38 PM
:roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Aye, so she was :roll:

I wonder if she's "beyond devastated" at the use of the word 'nigger/nigga' used in almost every single popular rap/hip hop song? :-k

RBP
01-27-2016, 01:46 PM
I wonder if she's "beyond devastated" at the use of the word 'nigger/nigga' used in almost every single popular rap/hip hop song? :-k

:racist:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-27-2016, 01:47 PM
:racist:

:sad2:

DemonGeminiX
01-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga, please
I'm treated like a fuckin' disease.
You say - why do I call myself a nigga so quick?
Cause I can reach in my drawers and pull out a bigger dick, yo
Nigga say nigga we cool but
Cracker say nigga, nigga knocked the fuck up
But I gotta be a fast nigga, to never be the last nigga
Or I'll have to beat yo' ass, nigga
In the city you see action first
Then hear about it later in a verse I curse
Because I'm real with this to keep my shit straight bumpin
Murder, created by the streets of Compton
Now get it from the underground poet
I live it, I see it, and I write it because I know it
And if you think I'm fuckin your wife
You're motherfuckin right yo, cause I'm a nigga for life

redred
01-27-2016, 02:18 PM
wigger please

RBP
01-27-2016, 03:07 PM
I think it's hilarious that we can't express the idea by saying "Only niggers can call themselves or each other niggers" (racist), we have to say "Only blacks can call themselves or each other niggers" (not racist). :lol:

But to Red's point, the white kids say it to each other all the time.

Muddy
01-27-2016, 03:26 PM
It's crazy to be so fucked up over a word... Man what power it wields over someone with a weak mentality.

RBP
01-27-2016, 03:35 PM
"I'm mad because that nigger called me a nigger" actually makes sense to some people.

Noilly Pratt
01-27-2016, 03:58 PM
I am offended....

The J is backwards. As someone who likes the letter J, it deserves to be the "right" way.

The H may be as well.

:D