PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris: Man arrested carrying two guns

redred
01-28-2016, 05:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XRnZf6F.jpg

French police have arrested a man carrying two guns at an entrance to a hotel at Disneyland Paris.
The man, reportedly aged 28 and not known to security services, was also discovered with a copy of the Koran and a box of ammunition, police said.
He was stopped by security teams while entering the hotel at the much-visited theme park.
France remains in a state of emergency following the deadly Islamist attacks in Paris in November last year.
So-called Islamic State said it carried out the co-ordinated assaults that left 130 people dead.
Police said they were searching for a companion travelling with the man, believed to be a woman.
Disneyland Paris is among Europe's most popular tourist destinations. About 10 million people visited in 2014, according to the Global Attractions Attendance Report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35431086

Fodster
01-29-2016, 06:09 AM
:pew: :pew:

Griffin
01-30-2016, 02:10 AM
Good thing guns are illegal in Europe.
Imagine if law abiding citizens had the access that the terrorist do.

Godfather
01-30-2016, 02:35 AM
Do all you guys really believe guns are illegal in Canada and Europe? I keep reading this myth on this forum... they're not that hard to get. You just need a hunting license and permit in France I believe...

redred
01-30-2016, 11:34 AM
I got a gun shop less than a mile from my house

Hikari Kisugi
01-30-2016, 03:11 PM
I own a shotgun, under licence, have done so for about 25 years.
It has a cabinet, which is fixed to the fabric of the building, basically a gun safe.

This is in Northern Ireland, a 'demilitarised zone' in Europe ;)
Of course we can have guns, just not semi-automatic assault rifles, used to be able to have handguns, but legislation changed.
We have massively lower gun death rates within the UK, and they tend to occur mostly between gangs when they do, using illegal weapons.
Legal weapons are of course misused, but they are under stricter control, and I don't think that is a bad thing.

Suits our society.

Hikari Kisugi
01-30-2016, 03:15 PM
As for the OP, it continues to be a strange situation, the French arrested the guy entering the hotel.
His wife fled, and was then arrested at home later.
He claims the gums were for self defence.
Now, no further reports, except a statement to suggest they do not think the offence is terrorism related.

Very strange indeed.