PDA

View Full Version : Seattle woman who raised $400G as cancer survivor reportedly never had the disease

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2016, 11:50 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/RqbxaCx.jpg

A prominent Seattle cancer advocate and fundraiser has been accused of lying about her breast cancer diagnoses while she raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for Susan G. Komen for the Cure, KOMO News reported.

Tracy Dart, who has raised more than $400,000 over the past decade for the Komen Foundation, is under fire for reportedly lying about her three cancer spells.

A Washington state car dealer who helped Dart raise thousands to fight the disease said a member of Dart's "Team Tracy" contacted him to reveal that Dart had never been ill.

“She doesn’t have cancer—she never had cancer,” the representative said, according to Auburn Volkswagen owner Matthew Welch.

Welch said he wasn’t angry about the representative's accusation, telling KOMO, “I would say [Dart] needs help and I hope she gets it.”

Dart’s family recently contacted the Komen Foundation with similar concerns, KOMO reported. The foundation confirmed to KING-5 News that Dart fundraised for them, but added that Dart herself never received money in return.

"Team Tracy" has since been disbanded and several of its social media pages have been removed.

“The real victim is the real [cancer] survivors out there who are really going through the treatment,” Welch told KING-5.

redred
02-02-2016, 12:03 PM
As long as the money went to the right place and wasn't stolen by her, does it matter?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Yeah, it kinda does, because the money was raised under false pretenses. Plus, there have been stories and reports that the Komen Foundation, where this money went, hasn't been the best place to send money for breast cancer research.

redred
02-02-2016, 12:50 PM
well that a different story if the money isn't being used right