PDA

View Full Version : US ‘make rape legal’ group plans worldwide anti-woman event in 43 countries

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2016, 12:26 PM
David Edwards - Raw Story

http://i.imgur.com/oxtr8Cn.jpg

The spokesperson for a U.S.-based anti-woman group who advocates for “legal” rape has organized worldwide meet-up events in 43 different countries on Saturday.

On a website advertising the “Return of the Kings” event, self-styled “pick up artist” Daryush “Roosh V” Valizadeh has encouraged his misogynist supporters to “come out of the shadows and not have to hide behind a computer screen for fear of retaliation,” The National reported.

The website promises 165 events in 43 countries at 8 p.m. local time on Saturday. Valizadeh has instructed his followers to go to a public location at each meeting area and identify themselves by asking, “Do you know where I can find a pet shop?” From there, group members will be taken to a secret meeting location.

Women and the LGBT community have been banned from attending the meetings.

Valizadeh argued on his blog last year that rape should be legal on private property.

“By attempting to teach men not to rape, what we have actually done is teach women not to care about being raped, not to protect themselves from easily preventable acts, and not to take responsibility for their actions,” he wrote at the time. “I thought about this problem and am sure I have the solution: make rape legal if done on private property.”

“I propose that we make the violent taking of a woman not punishable by law when done off public grounds,” Valizadeh said.

However, the planned meetings are already receiving opposition in some countries.

“Sex without consent is rape. There are no excuses. If someone is drunk or drugged they cannot give consent,” a spokesperson for Police Scotland told The National. “We must do all we can to prevent rape and sexual assaults amongst offering all the necessary support and protection to those who are victims.”

Australian Greens Party candidate Jill Thomsen lashed out at Valizadeh’s group on Twitter.

“The creeps from @ReturnOfKings are meeting in Sydney,” she wrote. “Their masculinity is so fragile they will use ‘codewords’ to find each other in public.”

PorkChopSandwiches
02-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Fuck off

Hugh_Janus
02-02-2016, 08:13 PM
:woohoo:

RBP
02-02-2016, 09:06 PM
I don't get it. he's trying to strengthen women or?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Tribune News Wire

DENVER -- A group calling themselves "Return of the Kings" that has come under fire for a message that some say advocates for rape has canceled a series of meetings scheduled around the nation after public backlash.

In an announcement posted on its website, the group stated that it is canceling meetings scheduled for various locations on Saturday. A previous posting indicated some of those meetings would be held in Denver and Boulder.

"I can no longer guarantee the safety or privacy of the men who want to attend on February 6, especially since most of the meetups can not be made private in time," the post states. "While I can’t stop men who want to continue meeting in private groups, there will be no official Return Of Kings meetups. The listing page has been scrubbed of all locations. I apologize to all the supporters who are let down by my decision."

Blogger Daryush Valizadeh is known for his controversial books that advise men on the best methods to have sex with women and advocates that rape be made legal inside a private home.

Valizadeh, better known as Roosh V, runs the website Return of Kings that planned to host 165 events in 43 countries.

The author states that if rape was legal on private property, women would "protect her body in the same manner that she protects her purse and smartphone. If rape becomes legal, a girl will not enter an impaired state of mind where she can't resist being dragged off to a bedroom with a man who she is unsure of."

The crux of the argument made in the post seems to be that if women were to fear rape at all times, they would never spend time alone with a man who they weren't willing to have sex with, and thus rape would be eliminated because, in the author's view, women would no longer be in compromising situations.

The author has since taken to Twitter, where he states the post was satire and that he and his supporters do not advocate for legalizing rape.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;ll state once again: the &quot;How To Stop Rape&quot; article was satire. Neither me or my supporters want rape to be legalized. The media is lying.</p>&mdash; Roosh (@rooshv) <a href="https://twitter.com/rooshv/status/694769625129717760">February 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RBP
02-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Although his satire is making a point, it unfortunately plays into the fucked up feminist narrative that all men would rape if given the opportunity.