PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Pastor Tells Cop That Trespassing Is Part Of His Religious Freedom

Teh One Who Knocks
02-04-2016, 01:02 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/p4q9NWF.png

Pastor Steven Anderson, of the Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona, recently recorded a phone conversation with a police officer who said that a resident had complained about Anderson or his church members trespassing on private property.

Anderson insisted that he and his church members had the authority to do so based on the Bible, notes the Friendly Atheist.

"Well, let me tell you this, we're going to continue knocking [on] every single door in the city of Tempe, and preaching the gospel and inviting people to church," Anderson told the officer.

The cop reminded Anderson that he could be charged with trespassing, and Anderson replied, "Well, you can come and arrest me then, next time I'm knocking on someone's door, inviting them to church or preaching the gospel to them."

Anderson said he would leave someone's door if they told him to, per the Bible, but added: "I don't care what the law says. The Bible is the law of God and that trumps your law."

Anderson also said the U.S. Constitution guaranteed his "freedom of religion," and that it trumped Arizona state law.

The officer tried multiple times to explain that it was illegal to walk on private property if there was a gate or a sign forbidding trespassing.

Anderson challenged the officer to come "arrest me for preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and we'll see what the jury says."

Anderson advised the officer to arrest people who perform abortions, and transgender individuals.

After the phone conversation ended, Anderson announced that the officer was "doing the work of Satan" and is an "enemy of the gospel of Christ."

According to the Faithful Word Baptist Church website, Anderson "holds no college degree but has well over 140 chapters of the Bible memorized word-for-word, including approximately half of the New Testament ... Pastor Anderson was sent out by a totally independent Baptist church to start it the old-fashioned way by knocking doors and winning souls to Christ."

fricnjay
02-04-2016, 05:24 PM
This kind of thing gives good Christian people a bad name. :shakehead:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-04-2016, 05:27 PM
notes the Friendly Atheist.
:lol: