PDA

View Full Version : David Bowie, Beyonce both told Coldplay they hated their songs

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2016, 11:52 AM
FOX 411

http://i.imgur.com/WQsrRix.jpg

David Bowie and Beyonce have something in common: they both turned their noses up at songs written for them by Coldplay.

Fresh off the band's Super Bowl performance, for which they were widely ridiculed for being bested by special guests Beyonce and Bruno Mars, Rolling Stone magazine released quotes from its upcoming interview with Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin.

Martin told the magazine that he played a song he had written for her called "Hook Up" in the studio, but that Beyonce turned it down "in the sweetest possible way: She told me, 'I really like you – but this is awful.'"

This echoed a story told by Coldplay drummer Will Champion about a song the band wrote with the late David Bowie in mind.

Talking about the legendary pop star after his death in January, Champion revealed that Bowie declined adding vocals to one of their songs, remarking: “It’s not a very good song, is it?”

“He was very discerning, he wouldn’t just put his name to anything," Champion said. "I’ll give him credit for that!”

At least Coldplay is used to a fair amount of condescension, despite their multi-platinum, arena rocker status.

"I had a couple of years in the mid-2000s where it was really confusing to me," Martin told Rolling Stone about the way Coldplay is often ridiculed. "I was like, 'Why is our band sometimes a punch line?'"

Muddy
02-09-2016, 12:34 PM
Coldplay doesn't do a whole lot for me.. I like a few songs, but can understand another artist not wanting anything from them.

Goofy
02-09-2016, 12:51 PM
I like their early stuff, Yellow and Shiver are great tracks.....

Muddy
02-09-2016, 12:52 PM
I like the song with the piano..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2016, 02:18 PM
I like their early stuff, Yellow and Shiver are great tracks.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9uBvoYLvYE

fricnjay
02-09-2016, 02:27 PM
The lead singer of cold play can eat a bag of dicks. The guys is a pompous ass hat. Can not stand this band both for artist sake and the sake of humanity.