PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Senate Wants To Make Anal And Oral Sex Punishable By 15 Years

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2016, 01:31 PM
By Sheena Vasani - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/tTh7TNT.jpg

Michigan Senate passed a controversial bill that would make engaging in oral and anal sex a crime worth up to fifteen years in prison.

The bill is a part of a greater initiative called the Logan’s Law package, which was named after a murdered Siberian Husky and aims to prevent animal abuse, The Huffington Post reports.

“A person who commits the abominable and detestable crime against nature with mankind or with any animal is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for no more than 15 years,” it reads.

It’s the word “mankind” that angers many, particularly those in the LGBTQ community who complain it would unfairly target same sex couples.

“One has to wonder whether the senator really cares about the welfare of animals, or if he’s just pandering. In any case, it’s sad that everyone can get behind a bill to protect cute little puppies, but not one that affirms the basic dignity of human beings who happen to be gay and lesbian,” John Wright reports in the Towle Road.

Moreover, the U.S. Supreme Court specifically ruled sodomy bans like these were unconstitutional in 2003.

Rick Jones, the senator who introduced the bill, said he doesn’t want to revise the bill’s wording for fear it will not pass in the House of Representatives.

“The minute I cross that line and I start talking about the other stuff, I won’t even get another hearing. It’ll be done,” said Jones.

“Nobody wants to touch it. I would rather not even bring up the topic, because I know what would happen. You’d get both sides screaming and you end up with a big fight that’s not needed because it’s unconstitutional.”

“If we could put a bill in that said anything that’s unconstitutional be removed from the legal books of Michigan, that’s probably something I could vote for,” he added. “But am I going to mess up this dog bill that everybody wants? No.”

RBP
02-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Is there a dog sucking & fucking epidemic in Michigan? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Hmmm...where's Joebob? :-k

RBP
02-10-2016, 02:18 PM
Hmmm...where's Joebob? :-k

He's fucking a dog right now, might be on later. :P

This passed by the way.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Its actual law now :shock: That is amazing, Im floored....wow

MrsM
02-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Yikes ... although how would they know?

Noilly Pratt
02-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Why not just outlaw bestiality? Oh, wait it already is... :shrug:

redred
02-10-2016, 07:08 PM
Is it not still legal in some states?

PorkChopSandwiches
02-10-2016, 09:36 PM
It still is

Godfather
02-11-2016, 02:17 AM
"Moreover, the U.S. Supreme Court specifically ruled sodomy bans like these were unconstitutional in 2003."

Who are these politicians blatantly ignoring what their Federal government has already ruled on? That's a pretty shitty way to waste time and resources.

Godfather
02-11-2016, 02:18 AM
Meanwhile the water in Flint is poisoning people and so rotten even the industry in the area won't use the water anymore...

deebakes
02-11-2016, 02:55 AM
:wtf2: