PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Swift Warned Kanye West About Releasing Lyrics With 'Misogynistic Message,' Says Rep

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2016, 01:33 PM
By Sophie Vokes-Dudgeon - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/T08fBqv.jpg

More "Bad Blood!" Taylor Swift did not get a cautionary telephone call from Kanye West about the explicit content of his new song lyrics, and she finds the message of the song to be "misogynistic," her publicist has said.

As Us Weekly reported previously, West sent shockwaves through the music community with his unexpected lyrics about Swift in his new song "Famous," which he debuted from his album The Life of Pablo, during his Yeezy Season 3 event at New York Fashion Week on Thursday, February 11.

“I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex / I made that bitch famous,” the lyrics go, something the 26-year-old singer thinks is anything but cool.

"Kanye did not call for approval," her spokesman told Variety of the track. “But to ask Taylor to release his single 'Famous' on her Twitter account. She declined and cautioned him about releasing a song with such a strong misogynistic message. Taylor was never made aware of the actual lyric, ‘I made that bitch famous,'” the rep added.

Swift's publicist wasn't the only one talking out against West's surprising new lyrics. Her brother, Austin Swift, responded quickly, sharing a video of himself throwing his Yeezy trainers into the trash in a bid to express his distaste at the lyrics.

The "Shake It Off" singer's pals Gigi Hadid (who was a guest at the NYFW event), Jaime King and Selena Gomez also came out to publicly support their pal in a series of tweets.

"My attendance somewhere does not mean I agree with everything being said in the music playing there," Hadid tweeted late on Thursday. "My friends know of my loyalty," she added.

Goofy
02-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Go away Kanye, no-one cares anymore

Muddy
02-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Typical.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Kanye made her famous :nono:

Hikari Kisugi
02-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Fine line between being a misogynist and being the biggest overhyped egotistical twat on the planet.
Kayne manages to cross both.
I've not overly a fan of Swift's work, but she makes good pop songs, and good well selling pop records.
The concept that he made her famous, when she was already receiving an award at the time the twat stage crashed, must be his and only his thinking.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2016, 01:47 PM
By Becca Longmire - The Express

http://i.imgur.com/IljHDyi.jpg

KANYE WEST's new track Famous has had everybody talking for the past couple of days and now Piers Morgan has waded in on the Taylor Swift debate.

Never one to hold his tongue, Piers has slammed the No Church In The Wild rapper, after he claimed he "made b***h Taylor Swift famous" in his controversial song.

Revealing his thoughts in an open letter, Piers told Kanye to "shut the f**k up" and labelled him a "misogynist brat".

He said: "You’ve got a new album out, and need to promote it by shouting off your legendarily loud mouth. I get it.

"Only this can possibly explain your recent behaviour, which has been ridiculously offensive even by your standards."

He continued: "I’ve been a long-time admirer of yours. I think you’re a brilliantly talented musician and one of the great characters of the global entertainment industry.

“Aside from the obvious disrespect to your wife Kim Kardashian West, it’s a thoroughly unpleasant and sexist thing to say to Taylor Swift.

"It’s not ‘cool’ to be so overtly offensive to women. Not now you’re a husband and father. Grow up," he added in his Daily Mail column.

Despite Kanye insisting that Taylor had "given him her blessings" to release the new song, the Shake It Off hitmaker's representatives have denied that he had called the star to seek permission before putting the song out.

The husband of Kim Kardashian took to Twitter to put across his side of the story, writing: "I did not diss Taylor Swift and I’ve never dissed her… First thing is I’m an artist and as an artist I will express how I feel with no censorship."

Kanye continued: "I asked my wife for her blessings and she was cool with it… I called Taylor and had a hour long convo with her about the line and she thought it was funny and gave her blessings.(sic)

"B**** is an endearing term in hip hop like the word N****… I’m not even gone take credit for the idea… it’s actually something Taylor came up with."

The posts kept on coming: "She was having dinner with one of our friends who’s name I will keep out of this and she told him… I can’t be mad at Kanye because he made me famous #FACTS."

The father-of-two later concluded: "Stop trying to demonise real artist. Stop trying to compromise art… That’s why music is so f***ing watered down right now."

Express.co.uk has contacted Kanye's spokesperson for further comments.

Hikari Kisugi
02-13-2016, 04:34 PM
One cunt talking about another.
Piers Morgan is gutter scum, always has been.

fricnjay
02-15-2016, 04:41 PM
If the government ever issued special douche bag hunting licenses in hope to control the ever growing D-Bag population, he would be the first person I put down. :lol: