PDA

View Full Version : People Of Color Worldwide Respond To ‘White’ Negatively

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2016, 12:55 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/fcbbOdx.png

A new video (below) that asked people of color from around the world their opinion of "white" garnered mostly negative responses.

BuzzFeed News produced the video, which has over 300,000 views since Feb. 22.

An African-American woman responds: "Privilege. I think power. Access. Luxury."

"White-run controlled, system" an Australian woman, who is Wiradjuri and Yuin, states.

"Not understanding," says a boy from Australia. "They don’t acknowledge what has happened in the past. They just push it off and say it's in the past.”

The boy is listed as Wiradjuri, Yuin, African and Arabic.

"What I think when I see the word 'white,' first word that comes to mind would be privilege," adds an African-American man. "Arrogance. Naive."

"Not all of them are wallowing freely and shamelessly in their privilege, but it seems like the ones that are, are typically male," a Black-American woman states.

"The further away you get from white, the harder life can be, sometimes," an Australian woman states. She is identified as Ngapuhi, Aotearoa, Bundjalung, Spanish and Irish.

The Daily Wire notes that a senior writer at Buzzfeed Canada advertised for a non-white, non-male writer earlier this month on Twitter (the account @Scaachi has since been deleted):

"@BuzzFeedCanada would particularly like to hear from you if you are not white and not male."

"IF YOU’RE A WHITE MAN UPSET THAT WE ARE LOOKING MOSTLY FOR NON-WHITE NON-MEN"

"I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU"

"GO WRITE FOR MACLEAN'S"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFY0dqC0Ks

deebakes
02-24-2016, 12:56 PM
:facepalm:

Goofy
02-24-2016, 12:59 PM
:yawn:

DemonGeminiX
02-24-2016, 01:22 PM
Could it be because white people just run junk better?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2016, 02:29 PM
:facepalm:

:racist:

:yawn:

RBP
02-24-2016, 02:46 PM

Every African nation runs by blacks has been wildly successful. :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Every African nation runs by blacks has been wildly successful. :hand:

fricnjay
02-24-2016, 03:02 PM
So I just have to ask because I am a white male, where is the line for all this "Privilege"? Seriously did I miss it when they gave me my social security number or something, is there a form I need to fill out? :confused:

DemonGeminiX
02-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Somewhere in your ancestral lineage, probably thousands of years ago, there may have been one black person that snuck in there. So no privilege for you.

fricnjay
02-24-2016, 03:14 PM
:rofl:

RBP
02-24-2016, 03:40 PM
And by "snuck in there" he means "banged your mom". :dance:

Muddy
02-24-2016, 04:39 PM
It's always someone that rides the wave.. Are we smarter? More ambitious? Or did we learn something from everyone else failures? ie: the Mongols. Regardless, in this modern day and age if you cant make something of yourself its your own damn fault.. It's no secret that English colonialism took over most of the world.. But before us it was someone else... If you cant show me your personal whip marks though, go fuck yourself.

RBP
02-24-2016, 04:56 PM
It's always someone that rides the wave.. Are we smarter? More ambitious? Or did we learn something from everyone else failures? ie: the Mongols. Regardless, in this modern day and age if you cant make something of yourself its your own damn fault.. It's no secret that English colonialism took over most of the world.. But before us it was someone else... If you cant show me your personal whip marks though, go fuck yourself.

:clap:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2016, 04:57 PM
Sounds like a bunch of uppity Whiteys in here [-(

RBP
02-24-2016, 05:02 PM
I was in a group discussion related to school in New Orleans. We got on this subject. I said "is there a statute of limitations on slavery?" The woman (white) said "what do you mean?"

I basically said... at what point do we say, 'enough'? At what point is it no longer do you no longer expect me to feel guilty? At what point is it no longer a excuse for underachievement? At what point can we say that was a long time ago and it no longer worth discussing as a cause of anything?

"Never" she said.

"Then nothing will ever change" I replied.

Muddy
02-24-2016, 05:12 PM
I was in a group discussion related to school in New Orleans. We got on this subject. I said "is there a statute of limitations on slavery?" The woman (white) said "what do you mean?"

I basically said... at what point do we say, 'enough'? At what point is it no longer do you no longer expect me to feel guilty? At what point is it no longer a excuse for underachievement? At what point can we say that was a long time ago and it no longer worth discussing as a cause of anything?

"Never" she said.

"Then nothing will ever change" I replied.

"Never"... smh.... I think in the end of days we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I refuse to ever take responsibility for a crime I didn't commit.

RBP
02-24-2016, 05:17 PM
Amen, brother. I think we already have agreed to disagree, there's only side that's still arguing.

perrhaps
02-24-2016, 06:39 PM
Amen, brother. I think we already have agreed to disagree, there's only side that's still arguing.

That would be the side with their hands out, and not the side with their hands holding money.