PDA

View Full Version : Millennials don’t eat cereal because it’s inconvenient

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2016, 11:35 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/XejxtSL.jpg

A study has found that America’s millennials are skipping out on cereal because it's simply too much of an inconvenience.

(Yes, the cold kind that requires little more than pouring something into a bowl and then pouring milk over it.)

An astonishing 40 percent of millennials surveyed said they reach for something else, like a smoothie or breakfast bar, reported by The New York Times.

One of the biggest problems was with the washing up. "Almost 40 percent of the millennials surveyed by Mintel for its 2015 report said cereal was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it," it reported.

Another factor included the fact that many consumers don’t want to start their day with processed grains.

Cereal producers have for years been experimenting with healthier alternatives. General Mills is launching a line of three USDA certified organic cereal under the popular Annie's brand. The cereal giant Kellogg’s has upped its game by adding quinoa to its “Special K” line and the company is also rethinking more green-friendly packaging alternatives.

And producers are finding different ways to eat cereal. Kellogg recently introduced Kellogg’s To Go pouches, which hold slightly larger pieces of cereal the company says were “specifically created to be eaten by hand.”

"Convenience is the one thing that’s really changing trends these days," Howard Telford, an industry analyst at market research firm Euromonitor, said last year.

But fear not Lucky Charms lovers, as much as it may seem that the sugary leprechaun may be going by the way of the Dodo bird, know that millennials have a soft spot for nostalgia, so don't start stocking up on boxes just yet.

RBP
02-25-2016, 01:35 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2016, 01:36 PM
It takes a lot of work to rinse out that bowl after you eat cereal from it :nono:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-25-2016, 06:05 PM
I haven't eaten cereal in I don't know how long. Not really a milk fan to begin with, I usually just grab a bagel or a banana and eat it on my drive in

Muddy
02-25-2016, 06:35 PM
I haven't eaten cereal in I don't know how long. Not really a milk fan to begin with, I usually just grab a bagel or a banana and stick it up my ass

:thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-25-2016, 06:50 PM
Thats how South Park says you should be doing it

deebakes
02-26-2016, 02:30 AM
eat some cereal you hippie :x

Hugh_Janus
02-27-2016, 09:58 AM
I bcan see where they are coming from.... I mean, you have to grab a bowl, a spoon, the cereal and the milk, fill the bowl with cereal, pour in the milk, put all that shit back and repeatedly move the spoon from the bowl to your mouth, chew and swallow...

#aintnobodygottimeforthat

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2016, 12:15 PM
:lol:

redred
02-27-2016, 01:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9BEL2k7.jpg

just add milk eat and throw away

deebakes
02-27-2016, 05:35 PM
fuck you :x

Godfather
02-29-2016, 01:43 AM
I'm a millennial who doesn't eat cereal. Guess that makes me a shitty lazy person :coat:

I better write Kelloggs to tell them that I'm sorry their overpriced, unhealthy, sodium and sugar-packed product has dipped in sales from $13 billion to $10 billion. Kelloggs, I'm sorry.

DemonGeminiX
02-29-2016, 03:27 AM
On your knees! Beg Kelloggs for mercy, you insolent punk!!! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
02-29-2016, 11:19 AM
I'm a millennial who doesn't eat cereal. Guess that makes me a shitty lazy person :coat:

I better write Kelloggs to tell them that I'm sorry their overpriced, unhealthy, sodium and sugar-packed product has dipped in sales from $13 billion to $10 billion. Kelloggs, I'm sorry.

That depends, do you not eat cereal because you think it's unhealthy, or do you not eat it because you find yourself too 'put out' when preparing a bowl of cereal? :-k

Godfather
03-01-2016, 06:31 AM
I'd say it's a bit of both realistically.

I don't each much breakfast on weekdays. I get up in time to have a shower and grab fruit running out the door, and then eat at my desk. Cereal is impractical so I might check a box on a survey saying 'cereal is inconvenient'. Most friends my age are in the same boat. We value a few minutes of sleep after working late, over getting up in time to eat some shitty cereal or toast :lol:

On weekends I make better and healthier meals than cereal. Maybe eggs, toast with mom's homemade jam, or smoothies.

I'm sure the 40% quoted here, any the other 60% probably have similar reasons. Kelloggs can call Millennials lazy if they want but I think it's more complicated than that.