PDA

View Full Version : Demonic weaves believed to be root of hair crimes

Teh One Who Knocks
03-03-2016, 12:23 PM
By Jerica Phillips - Tuscon News Now

http://i.imgur.com/250v2Mjl.jpg

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -

Thieves have killed four people while trying to steal hair weaves and products, and now many Memphians say demonic spirits could be to blame.

It is a theory that's taking on a life of its own online.

Search the words "cursed hair" on the web and the prophesies are plenty.

"Whose-ever hair I was wearing on my head, that heifer had a bad omen and that bad omen followed her from India and came on top of my head, and I took on her spirit," one woman said on YouTube.

After a WMC Action News 5 investigation revealed how deadly the business of selling hair in Memphis can be, Mid-South women let loose on Facebook.

Weave wearers went back and forth about what some believe to be the root cause of the crimes.

One woman wrote: "Do you know the history of the hair's original owner? What type of spirit did that person have? You may be buying a person's hair and their demonic spirit."

Another woman wrote: "Maybe the reason so many people are doing ungodly things has a lot to do with the fact that many of the purchases are made in other countries that worship false gods."

It may sound bizarre, but some people believe virgin hair from India may be possessed during a ritual called tonsuring, the cutting of hair for religious reasons, or sacrifices to idol Gods.

"The bible has no reference to demonic possession of things or objects," said Dr. Bill Adkins, pastor at Greater Imani Cathedral of Faith.

Dr. Adkins is doubtful demons would possess weaves and wigs.

"That's not from Christian doctrine. That's from animistic beliefs, animism from Africa, from the Caribbean, voodoo, religions and cults that practice this concept of evil spirits taking possession of evil things," Adkins said.

Robin Ransom wears and professionally installs human hair.

She admits a new hair-do can bring out a new attitude in women.

"They'll come in and get a long hair installed and when I turn them in the mirror it's more like a "OK girl," but never have I sensed or seen an evil spirit in hair," she said.

Facebook users offered their remedy for devil weave.

One women wrote: "I personally pray over everything I purchase."

Ransom said if a client preferred to pray over bundles they bought, she'd allow it.

"It would be a little weird to me, but if they wanted to pray on their hair then pray on," she said. "If that's what you believe, do that and then let me do my job."

Whatever the root cause of a beauty trend turned crime trend, we can all agree the war spawned by weave must stop.

"A generation back or so it was tennis shoes, gym shoes people were being robbed and killed over tennis shoes," said Adkins. "Now people are being killed over hair and for weaves."

Noilly Pratt
03-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Trump joke in 3...2...1...