PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Hall Deadlifts 1,025 Pounds, Sets Record

Teh One Who Knocks
03-08-2016, 12:42 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/SKq941T.jpg

Eddie Hall set a new world record when he deadlifted 1,025 pounds on March 4 at the Arnold Strongman Classic in Columbus, Ohio (video below).

Arnold Schwarzenegger was present when the 28-year-old strongman, nicknamed "The Beast," broke his previous record of 1,021 pounds, notes the New York Daily News.

Hall, who hails Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England, told the BBC News that he is taking in a staggering 10,000 calories a day in his quest to win the World's Strongest Man competition, which will take place in a few months.

"To be the World's Strongest Man is my lifelong dream," Hall said. "My life revolves around World's Strongest Man. I want to be the World's Strongest Man. That's what I said I was going to do five years ago and that's what I'm going to do."

Hall already has a 66-inch chest and weighs 392 pounds, but is trying to get up to 420 pounds for the competition.

"Yes, I'm doing damage to my body now," Hall said. "The human body isn't designed to be this size."

"But the same as any sport - you've got to push the boundaries to be the best."

Hall recently had his heart rate, blood pressure, muscles, aerobic strength, body fat, physical exertion and recovery tested at Staffordshire University in England.

"I can honestly say, in all my time being a sports scientist I've never worked with an athlete quite like him," Dr. Peter Jones, one of the experts testing Hall, said. "He's unique."

Hall has been an athlete since his teens. He became a national swimming champion at 13 years old, and began lifting weights a few years later.

"You can see in some events he's pushed himself so hard he's not breathing at the end of an event and I'm just thinking, 'Get through it and get up,'' Hall's wife Alex said.

"I worry about him every day," Alex added.

Hall suffers from sleep apnea and uses an oxygen mask in bed, but is not swayed by doctor recommendations at this time.

"The first thing the doctor said was the healthiest and safest way is for me to lose weight," Hall said. "Plain and simple, I can't do that. I'm chasing a dream."

"I just want to win it once and then come back down to safe levels you know because, to put it blankly, if I stayed at 28 stone for 10 years I'd die," Hall added.

"I've got to be level headed about this and think not only about myself, my family, my kids. I don't want them growing up without a dad."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz3WWIgwLYg

Hugh_Janus
03-08-2016, 07:45 PM
what a fuckin beast

Goofy
03-08-2016, 09:05 PM
what a fuckin beast

^^this

:shock:

Muddy
03-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Imagine as he stood up if his back snapped backwards.