PDA

View Full Version : Swedish medic dubbed 'Dr Anal' is struck off for performing 'dubious' massages on patients

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2016, 12:38 PM
By Madlen Davies for MailOnline

http://i.imgur.com/Ei8qEsC.jpg

A Swedish doctor who used anal massage to cure common ailments such as headaches has had his medical licence revoked.

The unidentified man, who worked in Sweden, Norway and Denmark, has hit the headlines several times over the last 20 years due to his controversial technique.

In 2003, he received a warning from Sweden's Medical Board of Responsibility (HSAN) after treating an elderly woman's headaches and back pain by massaging her anus, The Local claims.

The woman described it as, 'an incredibly offensive encroachment', Russia Today reports.

HSAN called the treatment 'dubious' as none of the muscles that cause back pain can be reached by massaging the anus.

The medic, dubbed 'Dr Anal' by the local press, admitted he had performed up to 1,000 such treatments 'because they are effective and backed up by research in medical journals'.

After appealing to Stockholm County Court in 2008, he was allowed to continue to work despite multiple warnings.

The court said the medical authorities had failed to prove his technique contradicted 'scientific, tried and tested experience', according to a report in the Swedish newspaper Länstidningen i Östersund.

However, he lost his licence in Denmark last July after piercing a patient's lung while trying to inject anaesthetic, Russia Today journalists claim.

This prompted the authorities in Sweden to revoke his licence.

These officials also discovered he had been previously been fired for a job in Norway after being recognised from damning press coverage.

The Norwegian officials found he had already been dismissed in a different part of the country, after he made inappropriate jokes to a group of Norwegians mourning a death, the Local reports.

Speaking at the time, the doctor claimed his dismissal was part of a 'witch hunt' against him.

After being fired, he said he believed he was 'misunderstood'.

'I have a personality disorder, or rather a syndrome, a form of Asperger syndrome.

'Just like Bill Gates or Einstein, for example,' he told Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet.

'I have made it impossible for myself within the healthcare sector because I behave childishly sometimes. I am different, but cleverer.'

Goofy
03-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Cleverer :thumbsup:

deebakes
03-12-2016, 04:27 PM
:jester: ?