PDA

View Full Version : After Donald Trump Went Crazy Calling Megyn Kelly Crazy, Fox News Kinda Did Something

lost in melb.
03-20-2016, 10:16 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--_IDAWP0F--/bsveovieopceuklhpx2s.jpg

Donald Trump went ham on Twitter with a bazillion “Crazy Megyn” comments directed at Megyn Kelly this week. First of all, “Crazy Megyn” is a lazy af nickname. Call her “Manic Megyn” or “Meshugenah Megyn” or “Mad Megyn” or “Meanie Megyn.” Poetry is dead.

Trump’s anti-alliteration rampage started after Kelly interviewed Ted Cruz on her show, and also shared the fact that all of Trump’s hateful tweeting about various women is taking a toll in the polls.

Though it’s not unexpected that Trump would cry like a baby sitting in a diaper full of his own shit, this round of hateful invective seems to have crossed a line for folks who were before willing to ignore the bizarre feud between a presidential hopeful and a newscaster. Even Geraldo Rivera was like, chilllllllllll:

Then, late on Friday, Fox News shared this statement on Facebook:

Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land. Megyn is an exemplary journalist and one of the leading anchors in America — we’re extremely proud of her phenomenal work and continue to fully support her throughout every day of Trump’s endless barrage of crude and sexist verbal assaults. As the mother of three young children, with a successful law career and the second highest rated show in cable news, it’s especially deplorable for her to be repeatedly abused just for doing her job.

:shock::shock:

Of course, the top comments are from all the Donald Trump supporters that Fox News has been arming with misinformed, racist, misogynist ideas for years. The moniker “Megyn Smelly” is liked over 7,000 times. Now that’s a nickname.

lost in melb.
03-20-2016, 10:17 AM
I'm not even going to comment on this article other than to say this election is going to rip your country apart. :|

Has anyone stockpiled food? (seriously)

lost in melb.
03-20-2016, 10:23 AM
A much better article here, with all the tweets (sorry about the above one....I'm lazy)

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/donald-trumps-feud-with-fox-news-anchor-megyn-kelly-escalates/news-story/ace4232093d598ec0202a2a3e4380779

RBP
03-20-2016, 12:16 PM
The tweets are a little obsessive, yes, but I am not sure where the sexist part comes in or how they define "crude and sick".

The language used to describe Trump has, in my view, been worse than the language actually used by Trump.

lost in melb.
03-20-2016, 12:44 PM
The tweets are a little obsessive, yes, but I am not sure where the sexist part comes in or how they define "crude and sick".

The language used to describe Trump has, in my view, been worse than the language actually used by Trump.

I think the shock is mostly because he's a presidential candidate. It feels worse than it actually is in reality.

lost in melb.
03-20-2016, 12:47 PM
An interview yesterday (ignore the headline, usual crap).

He's totally impregnable. I think he's going to win (the presidency)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/opinion/sunday/will-trump-be-dumped.html?_r=0

RBP
03-20-2016, 12:55 PM
I think the shock is mostly because he's a presidential candidate. It feels worse than it actually is in reality.

But it's also WHY he's leading. People are just done with all the do-nothing empty suits who run the country. Pants suits in Hillary's case.

redred
03-20-2016, 01:00 PM
how do you think he'll get on in a G8 meeting if hes backed into a corner ? i wouldn't think the name calling would work

Pony
03-20-2016, 02:48 PM

No, just weapons. :nana:

Loser
03-20-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm not even going to comment on this article other than to say this election is going to rip your country apart. :|

Two halves. Those that work for their belongings and have a sense of ownership, and those that believe everything should be given to them because they feel "entitled"

And it's not just food I'm stock piling ;)

redred
03-20-2016, 06:08 PM
You guys and your stock piling make me laugh :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-20-2016, 06:48 PM
And why exactly does it make you laugh?

redred
03-20-2016, 06:57 PM
I just think of zombie films and some poor dude having to eat nothing but tinned food in a basement for years scared to go outside

DemonGeminiX
03-20-2016, 07:00 PM
:hand:

They've got packaged food of all kinds. All you need is boiling water and you could have a 12 course feast! And who needs to go outside? Especially this time of year when allergies are running high?

redred
03-20-2016, 07:06 PM
You're right young Brits did vote a good Internet connection is more important than sun light in a survey last week :lol:

Hugh_Janus
03-20-2016, 07:40 PM
how do you think he'll get on in a G8 meeting if hes backed into a corner ? i wouldn't think the name calling would work
doesn't matter because 'murica

RBP
03-20-2016, 09:36 PM
www.overstock.com/Emergency-Preparedness/42/store.html

Muddy
03-20-2016, 10:13 PM

If no one starts shit with him he'll never have a reaon to respond to someones verbal attacks.

Loser
03-20-2016, 10:59 PM

It's pretty simple actually.

If someone gives him shit, all he has to say is, ok, let me just pull the 8 billion dollars we've been giving the UN, every year, for the last decade, oh and use your own troops. ;)

redred
03-21-2016, 08:08 AM
It's pretty simple actually.

If someone gives him shit, all he has to say is, ok, let me just pull the 8 billion dollars we've been giving the UN, every year, for the last decade, oh and use your own troops. ;)

thats what i thought collect up all the toys and storm off :lol:

Loser
03-21-2016, 04:36 PM
I certainly wouldn't shed a single tear if we stopped playing world police and started handling the bullshit right here at home.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Exactly, everyone can support there goddamn selves and we can spend all this wasted money in our own country

Teh One Who Knocks
03-21-2016, 04:50 PM
*White House phone rings*

Switchboard operator: Hello, this is the White House, how may I direct your call?

Person on phone: Hello, let me speak to the President right away! This is President So-and-So from (insert country name here) and we need aid and troops immediately! We're having all kinds of problems and we need your help even though I say publicly that we hate your country and its people! Please, send help right away! And money, lots and lots of money!

Switchboard operator: *disconnects call*

Person on phone: Hello?.....Hello?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-21-2016, 05:08 PM
:tup:

redred
03-21-2016, 05:14 PM
Like us you guys can't help sticking your noses into other countries business :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Personally I could, but this country needs to be involved in everything apparently

redred
03-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Same here

lost in melb.
03-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Like us you guys can't help sticking your noses into other countries business :lol:

It's an anglo thing, apparently....what's the most popular language in the world? ;)

lost in melb.
03-22-2016, 01:51 PM
all this time we have been secretly colonizing antartica