PDA

View Full Version : Five Guys Is The Top Fast-Food Joint In The UK

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2016, 05:40 PM
Katherine Biek - Scripps Media

http://i.imgur.com/PBnsSZHl.jpg

There's a new top fast-food chain in the U.K, and it's a pretty familiar name to those living in the U.S.

The first Five Guys burger joint opened in Arlington, Virginia, in 1986. But it's only been around in the U.K. since 2013.

Which is why it's impressive that Five Guys came out on top when Market Force Information asked more than 4,500 people in the U.K. about their experiences at various restaurants and whether they would recommend said restaurants to friends.

It earned the top scores in staff friendliness, food quality and overall cleanliness.

Nando's, a chicken fast-food joint recognized as the second favorite this year, got top marks in speed and value for money.

It's not a huge surprise that Five Guys ranked third in the value-for-money category. After all, a burger and fries in the U.K. costs customers 11.75 pounds, or roughly just over $16.

Gourmet Burger Kitchen, KFC and Burger King rounded out the top five favorite fast-food restaurants.

redred
03-23-2016, 05:53 PM
is it ?

may have to try it out

Muddy
03-23-2016, 05:54 PM
Not in California.. Porky will tell you.. It's In and out burger.. Then Lance will tell you in and out burger sucks..

Now.. Lock this thread!

fricnjay
03-23-2016, 06:03 PM
In and Out does Suck and 5 Guys is pretty good.

Noilly Pratt
03-23-2016, 06:08 PM
I love Five Guys...but for burgers I usually cook them myself. I find fast food ones too salty. The secret is --pork and beef mix, Worcester and sriracha sauce.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2016, 06:14 PM
In and Out does Suck and 5 Guys is pretty good.

:agreed:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2016, 06:15 PM
In-N-Out is completely overrated. They don't suck, they're better than McD's and Burger King for sure, but I would rather go to Five Guys or Wendy's or Good Times (local fast food burger chain) or Carl's Jr before I would go to In-N-Out if they had them here.

fricnjay
03-23-2016, 06:27 PM
In-N-Out is completely overrated. They don't suck, they're better than McD's and Burger King for sure, but I would rather go to Five Guys or Wendy's or Good Times (local fast food burger chain) or Carl's Jr before I would go to In-N-Out if they had them here.

I have had In and Out a total of twice and that's all it will ever be, TOTALLY OVER RATED. 5 Guys is pretty damn good but I don't consider it "fast food". It has no drive threw so I don't put them in the same category. McD's taste like damn cardboard, worst burger in the business. As far a chain "fast food" joint with a drive through Whataburger has the best burger in the business. If you dont ave one in your area you need to move. :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-23-2016, 06:43 PM
Not in California.. Porky will tell you.. It's In and out burger.. Then Lance will tell you in and out burger sucks..

Now.. Lock this thread!

:lol:

redred
03-23-2016, 06:45 PM
fuck this shit i'll go without :lol:

Goofy
03-23-2016, 06:48 PM
It's not a huge surprise that Five Guys ranked third in the value-for-money category. After all, a burger and fries in the U.K. costs customers 11.75 pounds, or roughly just over $16.

£11.75 for a burger n chips from a fast food chain? Fuck that, i can have a sit down meal at Wetherspoons for half that and get a pint of beer free :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-23-2016, 07:05 PM
We dont pay $16 here either

Goofy
03-23-2016, 07:08 PM

Are you suggesting that a story on the internet has misleading information in it? :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2016, 07:09 PM

It's about that last time I went to Five Guys, they aren't cheap

fricnjay
03-23-2016, 07:09 PM

From the 5 guys menu here:

Cheeseburger $6.19
Regular Fry $3.29
Small Fry $2.29
Regular Drink $1.99
Large Drink $2.39

Hugh_Janus
03-23-2016, 07:23 PM
is it ?

may have to try it out

I wouldn't bother, it's expensive as fuck and underwhelming

redred
03-23-2016, 07:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MRpiItl.jpg

thats take away prices sit in would be more

Goofy
03-23-2016, 07:24 PM
I just had a look at a uk menu online, 8 fuckin quid for a cheeseburger and a fuckin' fiver for large fries :faint: Well they can go and fuck themselves :ok:

fricnjay
03-23-2016, 07:26 PM
I just had a look at a uk menu online, 8 fuckin quid for a cheeseburger and a fuckin' fiver for large fries :faint: Well they can go and fuck themselves :ok:

Its because they have to import the good U.S. beef over there to make the burgers good. Can't use any of that pussy Brit Beef. :razz: :dance:

redred
03-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Its because they have to import the good U.S. beef over there to make the burgers good. Can't use any of that pussy Brit Beef. :razz: :dance:

Our beef is 120-day grain finished from family owned farms in Ireland. Less than 1% of all UK beef qualifies. We serve our patties juicy, glistening and well done.

:lol: nope