PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 12, Arrested For Pinching Boy's Butt

Teh One Who Knocks
03-24-2016, 12:28 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/gWeo3pm.jpg

Breana Evans, a 12-year-old girl, was recently arrested after pinching a boy's butt at Milwee Middle School in Longwood, Florida, two weeks ago (video below).

"I regret it because I didn't know it would lead to this," Breana explained to News 6. "I feel like it's just stupid, just a stupid charge that shouldn't have happened."

"Lord, Lord, Lord, what has this world come to, man?" Breana's dad Ray Evans told the news channel. "Kid can't even be a kid."

Breana said the butt punching was a game that she played with classmates at school, but now the tween is facing a misdemeanor battery charge.

The unidentified boy reportedly told a school resource officer about the pinching incident, but refused to press charges; Breana was subsequently from school.

However, the boy's mother called deputes and told them that she wanted to press criminal charges against Breana.

The girl was charged and booked at a juvenile detention facility.

“That’s what the deputy told me," Ray recalled. "He said, ‘You know, I don’t even want to do this.’ That’s what the deputy said, ‘But I have to do what I have to do.'"

The boy's mother did not respond to News 6, but Ray had a message for her: "I'm sorry, that's all I can say for you, lady, because you need some help I think, too overprotective."

"I'm sorry for touching your kid," Breana added.

The state attorney in Seminole County told the news station that the criminal charge will be dismissed if Breana completes a diversion program, performs community service and passes drug tests, even though she was never charged with any type of drug-related crime.

While Breana's situation might sound odd, arrests of children at school are becoming more common.

Judith Browne Dianis, executive director of the Advancement Project, a civil rights organization, told The Wall Street Journal in 2014 that school kids can be charged with disorderly conduct if they talk back or disrupt classrooms; normal school fights are now grounds for assault and battery charges.

In 2014, the U.S. Justice and Education Departments warned school-based police officers to “not become involved in routine school disciplinary matters.” The Justice Department is challenging this type of criminal discipline in lawsuits around the U.S.

The Education Department’s Office of Civil Rights found that 260,000 students were reported to police by schools in 2012, and 92,000 kids were arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78wBwEvwu2w

Goofy
03-24-2016, 01:09 PM
:shakehead:

fricnjay
03-24-2016, 01:25 PM
I say what goes around comes around. If the rolls where reversed this wouldn't even be a story. If women want to take a little innocent attention a blow it out proportion and literally make a federal case of it they should have been expected this and more to come I'm sure. That's the problem when you set legal precedents, now the gates are open for all to take advantage.

RBP
03-24-2016, 02:11 PM
I say what goes around comes around. If the rolls where reversed this wouldn't even be a story. If women want to take a little innocent attention a blow it out proportion and literally make a federal case of it they should have been expected this and more to come I'm sure. That's the problem when you set legal precedents, now the gates are open for all to take advantage.

Agreed, but it shouldn't be a police matter in either case.

fricnjay
03-24-2016, 02:17 PM
Agreed, but it shouldn't be a police matter in either case.

Oh I agree that's my point. Women set a precedent and now are pissed when its used against them. The precedent being "what is sexual harassment". For example, at one time a man at work could compliment a women on the way she was dressed. Now that can be sexual harassment. So therefore this act can now be considered sexual harassment. Its ridiculous!

RBP
03-24-2016, 02:21 PM
So I am not supposed to say "dayummmm, dem titties up der like BAM!" any more? :sad2:

fricnjay
03-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Nope, that will get you fired and possibly a little time in jail.

RBP
03-24-2016, 02:28 PM
Nope, that will get you fired and possibly a little time in jail.

http://i.imgur.com/Fdli2DE.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
03-24-2016, 04:22 PM
Maybe if she wasn't hideous this wouldn't have happened