PDA

View Full Version : Black woman 'confronts white student for having dreadlocks' because it's 'not his culture'

Teh One Who Knocks
03-30-2016, 11:47 AM
By Kara O'Neill - The Mirror

http://i.imgur.com/Y0aKrBm.jpg

This is the moment a black woman appears to confront a white student for having dreadlocks - telling him he shouldn't have them because 'it's not his culture'.

The YouTube video shows the pair arguing in the corridor of a San Francisco State University building over the man's choice of hairstyle.

During the clip, the man and woman have a brief conversation.

The student, identified by San Francisco Weekly as Cory Goldstein, says: "You're saying that I can't have a hairstyle because of your culture? Why?"

To which the woman replies: "Because it's my culture."

Goldstein tells her that dreadlocks are part of Egyptian culture too, but she refuses to listen to his argument, adding: "Are you Egyptian? Nah, man, you're not."

After demanding he tell her where in the world Egypt is, Goldstein finally retorts: "You know what girl, you have no right to tell me what I cannot wear."

http://i.imgur.com/J9xvqzK.jpg

He then tries to walk away from the confrontation but is stopped again by the woman as he tries to climb a flight of stairs.

He tells the woman: "Yo, girl, stop touching me right now, I don't need your disrespect," before adding: "You put your hands on me, you're going to learn."

Eventually the woman lets go of the man and approaches the camera, asking: "Why are you filming this?" then puts her hand over the lens.

http://i.imgur.com/55N1KOT.jpg

The video has been viewed more than 1.2 million times since it was uploaded to YouTube on March 28.

University police were called to the scene at the time of the incident.

The video was later posted on YouTube and claimed the woman was a campus employee, something the university have since denied.

In a statement, a spokesman for the education establishment said: "San Francisco State University promotes the rights of the campus community to engage in free speech, but does not condone behaviour that impedes the safety or well-being of others.

"We are taking the matter seriously and will promptly and thoroughly investigate this incident through applicable University channels, including our campus student conduct procedures."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8

Goofy
03-30-2016, 12:51 PM
:roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-30-2016, 12:54 PM
:roll:

:racist:

Goofy
03-30-2016, 12:57 PM
:racist:

Nope, "idiot" is not a race :nono:

RBP
03-30-2016, 01:30 PM
out of control

Teh One Who Knocks
03-30-2016, 01:31 PM
out of control

I know, right? Who do these white racists think they are that can just appropriate anyone else's culture that they want? :x

:villagers:

fricnjay
03-30-2016, 01:33 PM
I know, right? Who do these white racists think they are that can just appropriate anyone else's culture that they want? :x

:slap: Dont be an ass :lol:

redred
03-30-2016, 01:34 PM
do you think she knows Bob Marley was part white http://i.imgur.com/j0KayEE.gif

Goofy
03-30-2016, 01:41 PM
:slap: Dont be an ass :lol:

That's racist, being an ass is part of Lance's culture :nono:

:theyareontome:

fricnjay
03-30-2016, 01:47 PM
:lmao:

Muddy
03-30-2016, 01:49 PM
Somebody needs to grab that nappy headed bitch by the fro and run down a flight of stairs..

Griffin
03-31-2016, 12:33 AM
Imagine if a white person had told Malcolm X that using the conk to straighten his hair was wrong because straight hair wasn't part of his culture.

perrhaps
03-31-2016, 09:50 AM

Umm? Wiggers?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2016, 01:56 PM
FOX News and The Associated Press

San Francisco State University said Wednesday it is investigating an incident involving a white male student who was confronted by an African-American woman about his dreadlocks.

Cory Goldstein said he filed a police report after Monday’s heated argument, which was recorded on video, but he’s not looking to press charges and said he would like to have a “respectful discussion” with anyone about his hair.

“It's something I've had since I was 17 years old and something that's part of who I am. I believe they are powerful and helped amplify myself and helped me connect to this world," Goldstein told KGO-TV.

The confrontation comes as race and sensitivity on campus are debated in universities across the nation. In the video posted to YouTube, Goldstein and the unidentified woman engaged in a heated argument over his coiffure.

"You're saying that I can't have a hair style because of your culture? Why?" Goldstein said.
San Francisco State University | StartClass

"Because it's my culture. Do you know what locks mean?" the woman responded.

He then tells her dreadlocks were part of Egyptian culture and tries to walk away but the woman blocks him and is seen grabbing Goldstein's arm.She then turns to the person filming to block the camera with her hand.

The university said it has started a probe in the incident and that the student who filmed it requested charges be filed against the woman.

"University police responded to the incident when it occurred and took a report at the scene," the university said in a statement.

Campus police said once the investigation is over, the case will be forwarded to the San Francisco District Attorney’s, who will decide whether charges will be filed.

As of early Thursday morning, the video had more than 2 million views on YouTube. And even though the video's description says the unidentified woman was a campus employee, university officials said that none of the people in the video are employed by San Francisco State, according to the Los Angeles Times.

"San Francisco State University promotes the rights of the campus community to engage in free speech, but does not condone behavior that impedes the safety or well-being of others," the university said. "We are taking the matter seriously and will promptly and thoroughly investigate this incident through applicable University channels, including our campus student conduct procedures."

deebakes
03-31-2016, 11:48 PM
:facepalm: