PDA

View Full Version : ‘Brotherly stuff:’ Muncie man arrested for stabbing brother with a fork over a pot roast

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2016, 12:01 PM
by Lindsey Eaton - FOX 59

http://i.imgur.com/MNtRpIz.jpg

MUNCIE, Ind. (March 30, 2016) -- After two brothers fought over a pot roast, one ended up in jail and the other in the hospital.

Muncie police arrested 49-year-old Rodney Gilliam after he allegedly stabbed his younger brother several times with a three-pronged fork.

“One thing led to another, I feel so bad about it, but it happens. We’re family,” said Randy Gilliam, who was stabbed.

He has a busted lip, a swollen eye and stitches all over his head from what he calls “brotherly stuff.”

Monday after midnight, when police got to the Gilliam home on North Biltmore Avenue they found blood outside on the front porch and more inside on the stairs leading up to the bedroom where the attack happened.

Randy says the two brothers had been drinking and started arguing. The two started fighting over a pot roast and who it belonged to.

“I had one de-thawing and I thought it was the one and it wasn’t and all he probably had to do was open the refrigerator and tell me it was there and it would’ve been squashed,” said Randy Gilliam.

Rodney Gilliam has been charged with aggravated battery, but his brother doesn’t think he should get in trouble for what happened.

“A family squabble, I mean, like I said I’m sorry he’s going to jail for it. I don’t want to see him do that but I guess, you know, you shouldn’t stab me,” said Randy Gilliam.

Last summer at a backyard barbecue a woman was stabbed in the eye with a fork. A family friend was upset that the woman took the last rib.

“Pretty bizarre but not the first time we’ve had a stabbing incident happen over meat,” said Kyle Monroe, a detective with the Muncie Police Department.

Neighbors who live on the same street of this latest food fight can’t believe a meal would make someone do this.

“A pot roast? It must’ve been good,” said neighbor Meaghan Warrell.

Rodney Gilliam denied our request for a jailhouse interview.