PDA

View Full Version : Mom Charged With Crime After Making Kids Walk To School

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2016, 11:09 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/X61J4Fq.jpg

Lisa Marie Palmer was charged with child neglect after allegedly making her two daughters walk to school in Jasper, Tennessee, on March 1.

According to the Chattanooga Times Free-Press, Marion County Sheriff's Deputy Chris Ladd and another deputy answered a call about two girls walking on a street with a dog.

The 32-year-old mom told deputies that her daughters had missed the bus and were being punished, said Sheriff Ronnie "Bo" Burnett.

Ladd said in a police report that the children had already trekked more than a mile, but had about two more miles to walk in cold weather and traffic that was starting "to become heavy with citizens heading to work."

Ladd added that it "appeared as if she was driving ahead of the children and allowing them to walk and catch up to her vehicle and to proceed with that action until the children reached the school."

Palmer was about 50 yards ahead of her kids and "in no position to reach her children safely in the event of an emergency," Ladd stated in the report.

Ladd cited the mom for child neglect, and said that she didn't have a valid driver's license.

Husband Brandon Palmer, and his dad, Douglas Palmer, came to the scene and were asked for a valid driver's license, according to Ladd's report.

Douglas reportedly refused the request, started using obscene language in front of the kids and said that Ladd was "the cop that beat me up last time."

Ladd wrote in his report that Douglas started to get out of the car and grabbed at his own waist where there was a knife.

After a struggle, Douglas was handcuffed, according to Ladd, but the drama didn't end there.

Deputies claimed to have discovered drug paraphernalia in Douglas' pants, but did not find any drugs. Douglas was booked on charges, but it's not clear what the charges were.

The Tennessee Department of Children's Services is investigating the incident, according to Burnett.

Fox News notes that authorities did not say how old the children were.

deebakes
04-02-2016, 02:29 PM
:ffs:

RBP
04-02-2016, 04:16 PM
:-k

DemonGeminiX
04-02-2016, 09:51 PM
3 miles?

Pfft!

:hand:

Back when I was young, I had to walk 10 miles to school... barefoot... in 10 feet of snow... uphill... both ways.

These kids have it easy.

[-(

Pony
04-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Story won't be "news" when we find out the kids are 17.

Griffin
04-02-2016, 10:37 PM
3 miles?

Pfft!

:hand:

Back when I was young, I had to walk 10 miles to school... barefoot... in 10 feet of snow... uphill... both ways.

These kids have it easy.

[-(

It wasn't that bad for me, but...I found that I could sleep later, walk the measly 3/4 mile, still arrive in time for a donut without the hassle of all the stop and go of the bus.

The afternoons were even better as I was back in the neighborhood a good hour before the bus riders and earlier than that if I skipped last period.

KevinD
04-05-2016, 01:52 AM
I never walked, I rode a bike. Up to about 4th grade, I rode bus or mom drove me. In 8th grade, I drove my own car.

Muddy
04-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Do you ever wear that meat suit and chase people around with the chainsaw anymore Kev?

KevinD
04-05-2016, 02:18 AM
Na, got tired of sharpening the chain. Went on a low carb diet, and kill my meat with this now:

https://youtu.be/zxslOcJ9M3s

Griffin
04-05-2016, 02:25 AM
i like how he says they are professionals... the only thing professional about him is those big ass jowls.

KevinD
04-05-2016, 02:31 AM
TBH, if I was in the market for a full auto 12ga, it'd probably be the AA-12. I just turned 48, and recoil is starting to bother me, lo.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Story won't be "news" when we find out the kids are 17.

:rofl:

Muddy
04-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Na, got tired of sharpening the chain. Went on a low carb diet, and kill my meat with this now:

https://youtu.be/zxslOcJ9M3s

Jesus Criminy!! :lol: