PDA

View Full Version : Cop's Good Deed For Homeless Girl Goes Viral

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2016, 11:39 AM
By Karin Sun - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/C0LvUgJ.jpg

A California police officer has been captured on video (below) playing hopscotch with a homeless girl while another officer tries to find housing for the child and her mother. The video has since gone viral on Facebook.

Police discovered the 11-year-old girl and her mother living in their car while investigating reports of a suspicious vehicle in Huntington Beach, California, NBC Los Angeles reported.

While Officer Scott Marsh spoke with the mother about housing and contacted the city's Homeless Task Force on her behalf, Officer Zach Pricer decided to play a game of hopscotch with the girl to distract her while her mother discussed "adult problems" with his partner.

The officer is seen on video jumping through the hopscotch pattern and at one point losing balance while the girl looks on, giggling.

After Pricer finishes the game, he gives the girl a high-five.

The heartwarming video was posted on the Huntington Beach Police Department's Facebook page on March 30.

The post, which ends with the hashtag #copslovehopscotch, has since gone viral, garnering more than 790,000 views, 35,000 likes and 7,800 shares in two days.

Facebook users writing in the comments section praised the officer's thoughtful actions.

"Yes, police officers are human too!" one poster wrote. " ... Officer Pricer, thank you for your service and giving this child the gift of your time."

"Thank goodness we have Police Officers like Mr. Pricer who take the time to understand the issue and offer help, especially when he goes deep outside the box to make that connection with a child," another user commented.

Other commenters who knew the child and her mother wrote that the pair have lived in their car for several years with their belongings in a storage locker.

The police department has also commended Pricer.

"Officers interacting with the public in a positive way brings a lot of positive attention," Huntington Beach Police Department spokeswoman Jennifer Marlatt said, according to NBC Los Angeles.

"It shows the personal side of the PD," she added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FqaLkCx9is

Goofy
04-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Good guy :tup:

Hugh_Janus
04-03-2016, 07:25 AM
it would've ended differently if she was black :hand:

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2016, 10:13 PM
it would've ended differently if she was black :hand:

If this isn't sarcasm, then you're a disgusting human being.

Hugh_Janus
04-03-2016, 10:20 PM
brilliant :roll:

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2016, 11:15 PM
You asked for it. One good turn deserves another. Now bury the hatchet and be civil, and I'll do the same.

Hugh_Janus
04-05-2016, 07:18 PM
I asked for it?

also, I like the whole "now be civil" after you having a (rather poor) dig

#goodjob