PDA

View Full Version : Finally, your Z06 station wagon dreams can come true.

fricnjay
04-05-2016, 09:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4MjssSV.jpg

Remember the Callaway Corvette AeroWagen concept of 2013? If you love Corvettes and shooting brakes, you probably do. It took awhile to leave the rendering stage, but now, Callaway promises to right that wrong by the end of this year. As reported by BoldRide on Tuesday, Callaway says it will begin deliveries of the AeroWagen by the end of 2016.

For around $15,000 on top of the price of a Corvette, Callaway will install a carbon fiber wagon roof and hatchback in place of the Corvette's standard hatch. Callaway says it will turn any Stingray or Z06 Coupe into an AeroWagen, and the modification is entirely reversible. Presumably, a Grand Sport could be wagonized too, though Callaway didn't mention it specifically.

http://i.imgur.com/zGlDRtd.jpg

The one-piece hatch uses the Corvette's stock truck hinge, making the AeroWagen's cargo opening is the same size as a factory 'Vette with what Calloway says is a "significant" increase in cargo capacity. The removable targa roof is unaltered. So yeah, it's basically a modern Nissan NX Sportbak.

BoldRide reports that installation should only take a few hours, though Callaway charges an extra $1500 to paint the unit to match your car. So what took Callaway so long from showing the rendering, to actually offering the AeroWagen? The tuner apparently got sidetracked with some other Corvette-related projects, but now it says the AeroWagen is back on track.

Turning your Corvette into a shooting brake isn't at all cheap, but the results are sure to be unique. You probably won't see another one at your local Cars & Coffee.

Hugh_Janus
04-06-2016, 06:23 PM
do want

Goofy
04-06-2016, 06:25 PM
I think it looks pretty shit tbh :lol:

Hugh_Janus
04-06-2016, 06:29 PM
get outta here with your ol' focus rs :slap:

Muddy
04-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Volkswagen Jetta GT...

Goofy
get outta here with your ol' focus rs :slap:

Not too taken with them.......... going on looks alone i'd pick an Aston above all else :tup:

Goofy
Volkswagen Jetta GT...

:headbang:

Hugh_Janus
04-06-2016, 06:32 PM
what made me think you loved the focus then? :-k

Goofy
04-06-2016, 07:25 PM
what made me think you loved the focus then? :-k

redred's the Ford man :tup: My last car was a Pug 306 dturbo :lol: Don't have/need one atm

redred
04-06-2016, 07:27 PM
I like old ford's:lol:, I have a Renault atm which does the job just

Hugh_Janus
04-07-2016, 07:17 PM
redred's the Ford man :tup: My last car was a Pug 306 dturbo :lol: Don't have/need one atm

I knew redred liked some old fords, but I just associated you with the focus rs :shrug:

Goofy
04-07-2016, 07:34 PM
I knew redred liked some old fords, but I just associated you with the focus rs :shrug:

I've driven the green one before........ maybe i mentioned it previously? I don't mind the Focus, it's a decent affordable car......... my dad has an hdi atm :thumbsup: