PDA

View Full Version : Nurse working graveyard shift receives ‘rude’ note from Domino’s for late order

Teh One Who Knocks
04-06-2016, 11:18 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/bATeNQS.jpg

A Texas nurse is calling for Domino’s to apologize after an employee wrote a “rude” note on a late-night pizza order.

On March 30, an unnamed employee working the night shift at Paris Regional Medical Center in Paris, Texas ordered a meal for the staff from a local Domino’s Pizza.

When the food arrived, a handwritten note was scrawled on the side of a pizza: “We would appreciate it very much if you didn’t wait until 5 minutes before we close.”

According to KTVT, the nurse had placed the order with the pizza chain five minutes before the store closed at midnight.

Kerry Miller, a friend of the nurse, shared the image of the note on Facebook, calling the incident a “disgrace” and urging the chain to “stop the rudeness.”

“Nurses work long hours and eat when they can as they take care of our loved one. A business is open until they close and are in business to service the public,” Miller posted. “Domino's Pizza the nurses on 5 east deserve an apology, and I am sure as much pizza as you can deliver."

http://i.imgur.com/QqGDvpk.jpg

The Paris Domino’s franchise location would not comment but company spokesman Tim McIntyre sent KTVT the following statement:

“We do not condone or encourage this kind of behavior or one-sided ‘dialogue’ with our customers.”

But Miller thinks the nurses deserve more than an apology. Said the friend, “I want to see an apology to that hospital. I don’t care if they have to bring a pizza to every floor, those nurses deserve something better.”

Teh One Who Knocks
04-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Sorry, but I'm siding with the Dominos employees here, if you wait until 5 minutes before a restaurant closes to walk in or call in an order, you're an ass.

Pony
04-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Exactly, she was more rude by calling late than the employee was for leaving that polite note.

redred
04-06-2016, 12:21 PM
so they shut at half 11 then not midnight ? I'm sure if someone came in at 5 minutes to go on a nurses shift they couldn't refuse

Teh One Who Knocks
04-06-2016, 12:30 PM
The difference is, a hospital doesn't close, it is open 24 hours and there is another shift of nurses coming in to replace the ones getting off. A restaurant is closing for the night and I'm gonna guess that at 5 minutes before closing, they have the kitchen all cleaned up and shut down and ready to close. Now that some idiot has called in an order, they have to get everything all out again, fire the ovens back up, and cook the food and get it delivered, so they will end up staying open far past closing time cleaning everything back up, putting everything away and shutting down again just because somebody was a rude asshole.

redred
04-06-2016, 12:34 PM
if the front sign say it closes at 12 then the doors and ovens stay open till 12 , clean up work is done after that and no doubt the staff are paid to do it after 12

Goofy
04-06-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm with redred on this, if you don't want to keep taking orders up until 12 midnight then you should stop serving at 11.30 or so and use the last half hour to clean up.

deebakes
04-06-2016, 12:50 PM
i think everyone is over reacting here.

did the nurses get their order? yes

was the note warranting a "shame on you dominos" post? no

nurses got pizza, dominos completed the transaction. end of story :shrug:

Pony
04-06-2016, 04:16 PM
if the front sign say it closes at 12 then the doors and ovens stay open till 12 , clean up work is done after that and no doubt the staff are paid to do it after 12

Technically yes,but it's still rude to call 5 minutes before they close to place an order that will take 20 minutes to make and 20 minutes to deliver. It's even more rude to publicly shame the employees for leaving a very polite note and to demand an apology and free food.
They are making it Domino's "fault" that they didn't call earlier.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Sorry, but I'm siding with the Dominos employees here, if you wait until 5 minutes before a restaurant closes to walk in or call in an order, you're an ass.

I dont, they are open until midnight, that doesn't mean they close at midnight. These are just some fucks that want to be done at midnight.

Pony
04-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Do you walk into Best Buy one minute before they lock the door and browse items for an hour? If so you're a dick.

Do you walk into a restaurant minutes before they lock the door with a party of 10 and expect to be seated for a 4 course meal? If so, you're a dick.

And I'm sure if I walked into my doctors office with a non emergency issue 5 minutes before he left for the day they would ask me to schedule ahead of time and come back the next day.

My whole point is the note was not uncalled for or rude and did not warrant the backlash that I'm sure the employees are getting. Personally I would have apologized to the delivery driver for calling so late and given him a big tip.

Muddy
04-06-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm with the nurse. If you want to walk out the door at 10 then shut off the phones at 9... It's not her job to calculate their times for them. This idiot should be fired.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Do you walk into Best Buy one minute before they lock the door and browse items for an hour? If so you're a dick.

Do you walk into a restaurant minutes before they lock the door with a party of 10 and expect to be seated for a 4 course meal? If so, you're a dick.

And I'm sure if I walked into my doctors office with a non emergency issue 5 minutes before he left for the day they would ask me to schedule ahead of time and come back the next day.

My whole point is the note was not uncalled for or rude and did not warrant the backlash that I'm sure the employees are getting. Personally I would have apologized to the delivery driver for calling so late and given him a big tip.

A restaurant will close the kitchen before the close the doors, and they will tell you they aren't serving food. Best Buy would ask you to leave.

Goofy
04-06-2016, 05:55 PM
It's even more rude to publicly shame the employees for leaving a very polite note and to demand an apology and free food.

I agree with that part, all the facebook/twitter shaming these days is fucking ridiculous.

I'm with the nurse. If you want to walk out the door at 10 then shut off the phones at 9... It's not her job to calculate their times for them. This idiot should be fired.

:tup: