PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 8, fatally shoots 5-year-old brother at motel

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2011, 01:25 PM
The Associated Press

HOUSTON – Police say an 8-year-old boy has fatally shot his 5-year-old brother in a Houston motel room where they were staying with their father.

The incident happened about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at a Motel 6 on Interstate 10 in the western section of the city.

Police Sgt. Bobby Roberts says the boys' father had left them alone for a few moments to pay for their room. When he returned, the older boy ran out to meet him and told him of the shooting. The father went inside and found the boy lying on the floor with a gunshot wound to the chest.

Roberts says the shooting is apparently accidental, and the Harris County district attorney's office will decide whether the father faces charges.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2011, 01:26 PM
I hope this father goes away fro a long time for leaving a loaded gun where these kids could get at it....things like this piss me off so much.

redred
06-15-2011, 01:42 PM
I hope this father goes away fro a long time for leaving a loaded gun where these kids could get at it....things like this piss me off so much.

agree ,makes the rest of the gun owners who follow the rules look bad as well

Loser
06-15-2011, 01:44 PM

Agreed.

This asshole needs to spend many years in prison.

-edit-

I run a custom shop, so all firearms I handle are put into a floor to ceiling double lock safe that's in my shop. My personal carry piece is put into a 4 digit lock box when its not on my hip. It cost like 15$. This cheap lazy motherfucker killed his kid because he wouldn't spend a fucking Jackson on a lock-box.:x

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2011, 01:57 PM
agree ,makes the rest of the gun owners who follow the rules look bad as well

Exactly...it's incidents like this because of one fucking moron that brings out the anti-gun people calling for a complete ban on all weapons

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Agreed.

This asshole needs to spend many years in prison.

-edit-

I run a custom shop, so all firearms I handle are put into a floor to ceiling double lock safe that's in my shop. My personal carry piece is put into a 4 digit lock box when its not on my hip. It cost like 15$. This cheap lazy motherfucker killed his kid because he wouldn't spend a fucking Jackson on a lock-box.:x

Yup, if you have kids, and I'm not big on making things mandatory but with kids involved, you should be required to have some kind of lock box to store your weapon in.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-15-2011, 02:35 PM
what an idiot

MrsM
06-15-2011, 04:00 PM
sad - very sad

Godfather
06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Brutal. Just tragic.

Hope this guy gets serious jail time.

Acid Trip
06-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Tragic. Something as simple as a trigger lock (costs a couple bucks) would have stopped this.

MrsM
06-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Jail time for the father... I'm not sure if this is the best for the family. The one kid just killed his brother, now the Father goes to jail. Not sure about if there is a mother, so the son goes into foster care.

As for punishment - losing a kid because of your negligence and dealing with the other kids grief for killing his brother is pretty steep as it is.

If anything he should be forced to be a responsible parent and care and support his family.

I know I'll get slammed for this - but it's JMO

deebakes
06-15-2011, 11:07 PM
do we have a retarded smilie?

oh, wait, found it:

:hal:

Loser
06-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Run dee Run! :lol:

deebakes
06-16-2011, 12:19 AM
:threadjack: