PDA

View Full Version : ‘The Wire’ creator to Holder: I’ll do another season if you end the drug war

Deepsepia
06-15-2011, 05:18 PM
WASHINGTON – The creator of the beloved and critically acclaimed HBO series The Wire offered Eric Holder a counter-offer in response to the U.S. Attorney General's casual plea for another season of the show: I'll do it if you end the war on drugs.

"I want to speak directly to [Co-creator Ed] Burns and Mr. Simon: Do another season of The Wire," Holder said at a recent drug policy event in the nation's capital. "I want another season or I want a movie. I have a lot of power Mr. Burns and Mr. Simon."

In an email to Digital Spy, Wire creator David Simon responded: "The Attorney-General's kind remarks are noted and appreciated. I've spoken to Ed Burns and we are prepared to go to work on season six of The Wire if the Department of Justice is equally ready to reconsider and address its continuing prosecution of our misguided, destructive and dehumanising drug prohibition."

Quipped Ray Gustini of The Atlantic Wire: "The exchange has at least clarified one thing: the chances of another season of The Wire are now exactly the same as America having a rational dialogue about drug law reform." The HBO drama ran for five seasons between 2002 and 2008.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/10/the-wire-creator-to-holder-ill-do-another-season-if-you-end-the-drug-war/

PorkChopSandwiches
06-15-2011, 06:10 PM
:lol: Hahahahahaha, hope and change