PDA

View Full Version : A black man talking about black lives matter

Muddy
04-07-2016, 05:43 PM
I was born Jan 1, 1952 in the deep south. I am a black man. I grew up in the 1950s and 1960s south. I was taught to be careful where I was. I was taught that I wasn’t supposed to “cross the line”. My mother was very frightened about my life. I became active in the civil rights movement when I was 10 years old thanks to a girl I liked. I spent my time in the 60s as an activist hippy fighting against the racism that was inherent in every aspect of my life. I was a book worm, not very big, definitely not strong, and had been beaten up fairly regularly. I was declared undraftable for health reasons so avoided Viet Nam. But I kept marching and protesting. I had been arrested, tear gassed, bit by dogs, beaten by billy clubs, even had a fire house taken to me. But I stuck to it.

When I was a child I would dream about what a world would look like in the 21st century. I loved science fiction, I loved Star Trek. You have no idea what it was like seeing a strong black woman next to the white man in charge on the TV. The fact that in my lifetime we had a black president, that day I was in uncontrollable tears. Our fight had been successful, we were done. We had made it. We did overcome. That was the pinnacle of what we were fighting for, to be treated the same. Not to get special treatment, just to be considered based on our own merit and not on the color of our skin.

So, listen closely when I say that we accomplished what we wanted to accomplish with the Civil Rights movement and some of my black brothers and sisters are working to undue that right now, today.

Black Lives Matter is an enemy to the work I and my generation did to build equal protection under the law, equal merit and pathways for us to be judged on our own actions.
If BLM actually cared about the plight of black people they would be as gravely moved by the black and black crime that plagues our race. They would be gravely concerned about the cycle of poverty that their brothers and sisters seem trapped in. They were would be up in arms over the call by a black rapper to have a white woman gang raped. They would be disgusted by the glorification of crime and violence in our communities.

But they’re not. They don’t care. They don’t care about the real plight of black people. They want their turn being the ones with the boot pressed on the neck of a victim. This is wrong. They are wrong, on all levels that God can imagine they are wrong. And they are destroying what we worked so very hard to build.

Stop. Please, just stop.

Goofy
04-07-2016, 06:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vnFXLSl.gif

Hugh_Janus
04-07-2016, 07:02 PM
muddy's black!? :shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-07-2016, 07:03 PM
He plays white on the Internet

Goofy
04-07-2016, 07:06 PM