PDA

View Full Version : Man in stolen truck with dead battery asks deputy for jump start

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Will Greenlee - Treasure Coast Palm

http://i.imgur.com/wovS4kl.jpg

If a truck you stole has a dead battery, it might be best to ask someone besides a sheriff’s deputy for a jump start.

But this apparently was lost on Gordon Raymond, 25, during a March 21 encounter in Stuart, according to Martin County Sheriff’s records.

A deputy about 4:20 a.m. went to a business on Southwest Lost River Road for an alarm. A Chevrolet truck was parked there, and the deputy relayed the truck’s tag to emergency dispatchers.

A man later identified as Raymond approached the deputy, and said the battery to his truck died and he needed a jump start. Meanwhile, dispatchers indicated the truck was reported stolen days earlier in Martin County.

“I advised Mr. Raymond that I would not be able to help him jump start his vehicle and began to ask about the truck,” records state.

Raymond said he bought it off Craigslist, but eventually said he took it.

He said he was at a bar in Jensen Beach, and that when it closed at 2 a.m. he noticed his girlfriend left him without a way to get home.

He started walking and saw a truck in a church parking lot. The keys were in the truck so he decided to drive it to his home in Port St. Lucie.

“Mr. Raymond stated that at the time taking the truck seemed like his best option and that he had no other way to get home,” records state.

He also said he’d been taking the truck to and from work.

Raymond, of the 500 block of Bayshore Boulevard in Port St. Lucie, was arrested on a grand theft auto charge.

fricnjay
04-08-2016, 01:45 PM
:dunce::haha: