Goofy should be in here a lot.

:tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Tyson and Lewis both predict Klitschko to beat Haye
Wladimir Klitschko is the 8/13 favourite to beat David Haye in Hamburg
By Craig Kemp - Ladbrokes

http://i.imgur.com/XF5eL.gif

Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis are no strangers to the demands of heavyweight title fights and they both share the belief that Wladimir Klitschko will triumph in his hugely anticipated showdown with David Haye.

The clash in Hamburg is potentially the biggest of the decade so far with Haye putting his WBA title on the line and Klitschko defending his IBF, IBO and WBO belts.

It is an intriguing encounter with many people believing that Haye’s trash talking may have ruffled Klitschko, while the Brit also possesses the speed to cause some unfamiliar problems.

However, former heavyweight champions Lewis and Tyson are in agreement that the bigger Ukrainian will triumph, also they do differ slightly in their reasonings behind their decision.

Lewis feels that Haye will not be able to get close enough to Klitschko to land any big shots, while Tyson believes that Haye has a lack of punching power that will mean that Klitschko will simply be able to walk through his best shots.

Tyson told German television channel RTL: “David has never shown the punching power to force a guy of the calibre of Klitschko into reverse gear.

“We know that David Haye does not hit hard enough to get the respect of Wladimir Klitschko. I don’t say this to disrespect Haye, but as an objective observer.”

Meanwhile, Lewis told Boxing website Boxrec: “My heart says David, but my head says Wladimir. The reason is because Wladmir has a good jab, good experience and a great trainer in his corner.”

Klitschko is the 8/13 favourite in the boxing betting to claim a 14th successive victory since his 2004 defeat to Lamon Brewster, with Haye priced at 11/8.

With the general consensus being that the fight will end inside the distance, it is 5/4 that Klitschko wins via KO, although 7/2 may be a big price that he claims victory through the scorecards of the ringside judges.

Goofy
07-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Goofy should be in here a lot.

:tup:

You think? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-02-2011, 02:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4MZOZ.jpg

SmoothBob
07-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Too close tae call oi tinks..

If Haye wins though i hope he goes for the other brother too!

Aint convinced by his retiring in october speel..

samarchepas
07-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I hope Haye wins it...it would be the greatest thing to happen to the division for a long while.The Klitschkos have been there for too long (and boring to see fight)

Goofy
07-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Ive put money on Haye to KO Wlad between rounds 4-6 :)

redred
07-02-2011, 06:37 PM
what time is it meant to start tonight ? so i can sort out my laptop as i can't be assed to pay £15 quid for it

Teh One Who Knocks
07-02-2011, 07:22 PM
what time is it meant to start tonight ? so i can sort out my laptop as i can't be assed to pay £15 quid for it

The Klitschko v Haye fight-night is being screened live from 8 pm on Sky Sports Box Office.

I assume that's GMT?

Hugh_Janus
07-02-2011, 08:05 PM
anywhere to watch it for free? I was going to go out tonight, but I dun got too much sun today so I wanna watch this instead :lol:

redred
07-02-2011, 08:22 PM
you got sopcast ?

SmoothBob
07-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Or a pub thats showing it be ur best bet, is just bein shown on sky box office in uk. If u can avoid the result u'll catch it somewhere later..

I do hope Haye wins it, he dominated the cruiserweight division and does have talent.

My favourite fights to watch are def the lower weights though, much more entertaining oi tink :)

DemonGeminiX
07-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Klitschko won. Personally I though the fight was utterly boring.

Next time, Haye should just shut the fuck up and preserve his energy instead of wasting it flapping his lips.

samarchepas
07-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Boring...like every single fight the Klitschkos are in.Good thing UFC 132 is tonight.

DemonGeminiX
07-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Ive put money on Haye to KO Wlad between rounds 4-6 :)

Oops.

8-[

SmoothBob
07-03-2011, 09:21 AM
And thats his career over now..

Cherrio Haye, couldn't do it when asked to step up tae the line, instead wasted time wi 'cant punch, wont punch' Harrison..

No-one will touch Haye now, guess he is retiring after all lol

Goofy
07-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Cock and balls :|

DemonGeminiX
07-03-2011, 10:49 AM
:empathy:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-03-2011, 11:00 AM
The heavyweight division in boxing just sucks so bad right now :|

DemonGeminiX
07-03-2011, 11:16 AM
It's sucked bad for the past decade.

SmoothBob
07-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Exactly why i was saying i prefer lighter weights!

The greatest boxer to watch for the last 5 year or mores been Pacco..

redred
07-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Enzo Maccarinelli back with coach Enzo Calzaghe
Page last updated at
13:20 GMT, Monday, 4 July 2011 14:20 UK

Maccarinelli going through his paces with Enzo Calzaghe in 2008
Enzo Maccarinelli has returned to former coach Enzo Calzaghe as he aims to resurrect his career by moving to the light-heavyweight division.
Calzaghe, who coached son Joe to be a two-weight world champion, is back training after a year-long break.
Maccarinelli, the former cruiserweight WBO world champion, hopes to fight again in September.
The Swansea boxer, 30, is keen to make a comeback despite suffering four defeats in his last eight bouts.
But Enzo Calzaghe believes Maccarinelli has the class to succeed again.
"I needed to let him understand where his problems were. Hopefully he understands where I'm coming from and he did," said Calzaghe.
"We spoke about the fact that he should go down to light-heavy which will accommodate him very well.
"Enzo is a class act… so I want to show that.
"I believe in him. He believes in me. We have been successful together that is the best part of it. We have been unsuccessful once we parted.
"I know for a fact that a guy who won five world title fights in succession is not a dud."
Maccarinelli, who will be off to Italy to prepare for his next fight, was highly-regarded during his successful four-defence reign of the WBO world cruiserweight crown between 2006 and 2008 when Calzaghe guided the Swansea boxer.
But the was demolished by rival David Haye in the cruiserweight unification 'Battle of Britain' showdown in London in March 2008.
The 6ft 4in fighter lost three of his next four fights, but did lift the European cruiserweight crown when he defeated Russian Alexander Kotlobay in St Petersburg inside the first round to claim the vacant belt in April 2010.
But Maccarinelli lost his Euro title against German Alexander Frenkel in a seventh-round knockout in September 2010.
The man dubbed 'Big Macc' will now fight in the 175lb division where he could face friend and fellow countryman Nathan Cleverly.
Maccarinelli challenged Cleverly to an all-Welsh clash after watching the 24-year-old mathematics graduate defend his WBO light-heavyweight belt for the first time against Aleksy Kuziemski in May.
"That's definitely a fight that's on the cards and what a big Welsh fight that would be - hopefully at Swansea's Liberty Stadium," said Maccarinelli after throwing down the challenge.
Cleverly has responded by saying he was targeting "the big American names".

maybe a good move?

redred
07-05-2011, 09:08 AM
current heavyweight rankings

1. Wladimir Klitschko
2. Vitali Klitschko
3. David Haye
4. Tomasz Adamek
5. Robert Helenius
6. Alexander Povetkin
7. Odlanier Solis
8. Alexander Dimitrenko
9. Chris Arreola
10. Denis Boytsov
11. Ruslan Chagaev
12. Nikolai Valuev
13. Eddie Chambers
14. Sam Peter
15. Jean-Marc Mormeck
16. Tony Thompson
Source: Fightnews.com

seems a dead division for me i think i would only be able to tell you 4-5 of them is shown picture cards

Goofy
07-05-2011, 10:51 AM
maybe a good move?

Nope, just means the next knockout punch he takes will be a bigger and more hurtful shot :( I like Enzo but since Haye found his chin he's been knocked out by another 3 or 4 nobodys....... he needs to retire before he gets seriously hurt imho :wha:

1. Wladimir Klitschko
2. Vitali Klitschko
3. David Haye
4. Tomasz Adamek
5. Robert Helenius
6. Alexander Povetkin
7. Odlanier Solis
8. Alexander Dimitrenko
9. Chris Arreola
10. Denis Boytsov
11. Ruslan Chagaev
12. Nikolai Valuev
13. Eddie Chambers
14. Sam Peter
15. Jean-Marc Mormeck
16. Tony Thompson

seems a dead division for me i think i would only be able to tell you 4-5 of them is shown picture cards

Surprised Valuev is so low on the list :-k Who's list is that anyway?

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Surprised Valuev is so low on the list :-k Who's list is that anyway?

1. Wladimir Klitschko
2. Vitali Klitschko
3. David Haye
4. Tomasz Adamek
5. Robert Helenius
6. Alexander Povetkin
7. Odlanier Solis
8. Alexander Dimitrenko
9. Chris Arreola
10. Denis Boytsov
11. Ruslan Chagaev
12. Nikolai Valuev
13. Eddie Chambers
14. Sam Peter
15. Jean-Marc Mormeck
16. Tony Thompson

:facepalm:

Goofy
07-05-2011, 11:02 AM
:facepalm:

Just thought it might be 'according to WBC' etc, no harm in asking :nono: The only ranking i actually follow is the Ring magazine list

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 11:03 AM
I'll ring you :x

Goofy
07-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Ring top 10

CHAMPION: Wladimir Klitschko
Record: 55-3-0 (49 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: C | Last Week: C | Weeks On List: 318
Titles: THE RING, IBF, WBO

Vitali Klitschko
Record: 42-2-0 (39 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 1 | Last Week: 1 | Weeks On List: 142
Title: WBC

David Haye
Record: 25-1-0 (23 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 2 | Last Week: 2 | Weeks On List: 119
Title: WBA (not anymore :lol: )

Tomasz Adamek
Record: 44-1-0 (28 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 3 | Last Week: 3 | Weeks On List: 62

Alexander Povetkin
Record: 21-0-0 (15 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 4 | Last Week: 4 | Weeks On List: 192

Ruslan Chagaev
Record: 26-1-1 (17 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 5 | Last Week: 5 | Weeks On List: 241

Eddie Chambers
Record: 36-2-0 (18 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 6 | Last Week: 6 | Weeks On List: 118

Alexander Dimitrenko
Record: 31-1-0 (21 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 7 | Last Week: 7 | Weeks On List: 137

Denis Boytsov
Record: 27-0-0 (22 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 8 | Last Week: 8 | Weeks On List: 106

Robert Helenius
Record: 15-0 (10 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 9 | Last Week: 9 | Weeks On List: 13

Chris Arreola
Record: 32-2-0 (28 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 10 | Last Week: 10 | Weeks On List: 119

Goofy
07-05-2011, 11:06 AM
I'll ring you :x

You don't have my number :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Ring top 10

CHAMPION: Wladimir Klitschko
Record: 55-3-0 (49 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: C | Last Week: C | Weeks On List: 318
Titles: THE RING, IBF, WBO

Vitali Klitschko
Record: 42-2-0 (39 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 1 | Last Week: 1 | Weeks On List: 142
Title: WBC

David Haye
Record: 25-1-0 (23 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 2 | Last Week: 2 | Weeks On List: 119
Title: WBA (not anymore :lol: )

Tomasz Adamek
Record: 44-1-0 (28 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 3 | Last Week: 3 | Weeks On List: 62

Alexander Povetkin
Record: 21-0-0 (15 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 4 | Last Week: 4 | Weeks On List: 192

Ruslan Chagaev
Record: 26-1-1 (17 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 5 | Last Week: 5 | Weeks On List: 241

Eddie Chambers
Record: 36-2-0 (18 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 6 | Last Week: 6 | Weeks On List: 118

Alexander Dimitrenko
Record: 31-1-0 (21 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 7 | Last Week: 7 | Weeks On List: 137

Denis Boytsov
Record: 27-0-0 (22 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 8 | Last Week: 8 | Weeks On List: 106

Robert Helenius
Record: 15-0 (10 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 9 | Last Week: 9 | Weeks On List: 13

Chris Arreola
Record: 32-2-0 (28 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 10 | Last Week: 10 | Weeks On List: 119

3 Americans on that list and I don't know any of them :wha:

Goofy
07-05-2011, 11:29 AM
3 Americans on that list and I don't know any of them :wha:

Adamek's not bad, ex-cruiserweight champ :thumbsup: The other two are overweight, slow wasters

Goofy
07-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Adamek's going up against Vitali Klit in september btw.........

SmoothBob
07-09-2011, 09:58 AM
So Amir Khan wants Maywether and looks like hes gonna get him!

I know Mayweathers only done like 1 fight in pretty much a year and that Khan is being coached by Roach and sparin wi Pacco but still, WBA champ or no ah thinks it'll just be a warm up for Mayweather before we FINALLY see him fight Pacco!

Yes ah no ah can dream but it would still be the greatest fight of our generation, its somethin that HAS to happen! :)

SmoothBob
07-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Pacco to win it an aw :tup:

Goofy
07-09-2011, 01:00 PM
So Amir Khan wants Maywether and looks like hes gonna get him!

I know Mayweathers only done like 1 fight in pretty much a year and that Khan is being coached by Roach and sparin wi Pacco but still, WBA champ or no ah thinks it'll just be a warm up for Mayweather before we FINALLY see him fight Pacco!

Yes ah no ah can dream but it would still be the greatest fight of our generation, its somethin that HAS to happen! :)

Khan aint a big enough name for Floyd yet........ plus Khan has a tough fight against Zab Judah coming up........ and Floyd has a toughie against Ortiz (he should win it though). I think this could be Floyd's last fight unless the Pacman fight ever gets made......

SmoothBob
07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Khan aint a big enough name for Floyd yet........ plus Khan has a tough fight against Zab Judah coming up........ and Floyd has a toughie against Ortiz (he should win it though). I think this could be Floyd's last fight unless the Pacman fight ever gets made......

Acording to the Mayweather camp he's discovered his love of boxing again and has requested to do at least 2 fights a year..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14042223.stm

SmoothBob
07-12-2011, 01:58 PM
And, wait for it, wait for it..

Vitali says he's willing tae fight Haye! Says he wants the fight just so he can knock him out! :beatdown:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14104555.stm

Goofy
07-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Acording to the Mayweather camp he's discovered his love of boxing again and has requested to do at least 2 fights a year..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14042223.stm

Talk is cheap i'm afraid..........

And, wait for it, wait for it..

Vitali says he's willing tae fight Haye! Says he wants the fight just so he can knock him out! :beatdown:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14104555.stm

Not gonna happen, Haye is scared of Vitali

SmoothBob
07-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Talk is cheap i'm afraid..........

Yi dinnae need tae be afraid, is no u thats steppin in the ring! :D

Scared he might be, but what else he got? His rep is in pieces, he's no belt, talking about retiring? He wanted tae retire as a champ, he's instead gonna be known as a chump, i think that would eat away at him..

redred
07-12-2011, 02:17 PM

true but it would be the best shot at some money even if (and he will)lose then he can get out the game and run away with his tail between his legs

Teh One Who Knocks
07-12-2011, 02:22 PM
He would just come up with another excuse as to why he lost :roll:

SmoothBob
07-12-2011, 02:24 PM
He would just come up with another excuse as to why he lost :roll:

Would be hilarious lol

The only issue is who would actually pay to watch it..

I'd watch someone punch hell outta Haye, but i wouldnae pay! :D

redred
07-12-2011, 02:35 PM
long live free internet boxing :woot:

Goofy
07-12-2011, 02:41 PM
1). Haye doesnt need the money
2). Haye knows Vitali would take more chances than Wlad and would knock him out
3). Haye also knows that no-one has knocked out Vitali...... ever!

Need any more reasons why it aint gonna happen? :lol:

Goofy
07-12-2011, 02:41 PM
he's instead gonna be known as a chump, i think that would eat away at him..

A £50m cushion normally helps with that ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
07-12-2011, 02:45 PM
1). Haye doesnt need the money
2). Haye knows Vitali would take more chances than Wlad and would knock him out
3). Haye also knows that no-one has knocked out Vitali...... ever!

Need any more reasons why it aint gonna happen? :lol:

Yes :-s

Goofy
07-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes :-s

4). Haye's scared of Vitali
5). Vitali has a mandatory defence coming up in september
6). Haye wants to retire by october

I can think of more if required :)

Teh One Who Knocks
07-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Are there any reasons that involve dragons or other types of monsters? :-k

SmoothBob
07-12-2011, 02:59 PM

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/364/f/1/the_boxing_dragon_by_whiteproject-d360gp5.png

http://www.bears4u.co.uk/images/Sesame%20Street/Cookie_Monster_Boxer.jpg

Any help tae yi?

Goofy
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM

Possibly :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Cocky Khan backs up his words
By Kevin Iole - Yahoo Sports

LAS VEGAS – Hall of Fame baseball pitcher Dizzy Dean once said, “It ain’t bragging if you can do it.” So far, with the exception of one stunning mistake three years ago, Amir “King” Khan has done everything he said he’d do.

The World Boxing Association super lightweight champion and 2004 Olympic silver medalist is 25-1 with 17 knockouts and is 4-0 against current or former world champions.

But the 24-year-old is so confident that it’s off-putting to some. He’s quick to tell you how good he is, how much he’s accomplished and how highly others think of him.

He said that HBO, which will televise his 140-pound unification bout with International Boxing Federation champion Zab Judah on Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, believes he’s the best British boxer. He said he believes he’s the top British fighter in the world, dismissing quality veterans like World Boxing Council super middleweight champion Carl Froch and former heavyweight and cruiserweight champion David Haye.

There is a lot to like about Khan, but to some people, his confidence almost borders on arrogance.

Khan shines in two areas that should endear him to everyone who enjoys a good prize fight. He not only relishes a good scrap, he goes to great lengths to make certain he fights the best he can fight.

After Timothy Bradley defeated Devon Alexander on Jan. 29 in Pontiac, Mich., to win the WBC and World Boxing Organization super lightweight belts, Khan immediately mounted a campaign for a fight with Bradley. At a taut point in negotiations, when his promoter, Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy, was about to say no to Bradley’s financial demands, Khan intervened personally.

He told Schaefer to offer Bradley half of the British television money. It’s nearly unheard of for a British boxer to offer that to an American fighter, but Khan did so because it seemed like that was the only obstacle remaining toward getting the fight done.

He wanted the fight made and wouldn’t let the difference of a few hundred thousand dollars prevent it.

“A lot of guys will say publicly they want to fight everyone, but when as a promoter you offer them a fight, they say in those private moments, ‘I don’t want to fight a left-hander,’ or ‘I don’t want this style or ‘I don’t like that style,’ whatever,” Schaefer said. “Amir Khan is not that way. He wants the best. Look what he did with Bradley. Who else does that? This is a kid who doesn’t just say it, he lives it. He says he wants to fight the best and he does everything he can to make sure that happens.”

He deserves great respect from boxing fans for that attitude. Boxing would be a far better sport if everyone shared it.

He’s also willing to stand and fight. He’s quicker than most of his opponents, though that may not be the case on Saturday when he meets Judah. When Khan fought the powerful Marcos Maidana in December, he could have stayed on the outside, kept his distance and used his quickness to win a relatively easy, yet boring, decision.

Instead, he chose to engage a man who without question is the hardest puncher at super lightweight. The result was a scintillating bout that the Boxing Writers Association of America chose as the 2010 Fight of the Year.

Khan also deserves great respect from boxing fans for that willingness to put on a show.

For different reasons, though, Khan manages to rub people the wrong way. His campaign to tout himself as the top British fighter seems contrived. He’d be far better to let the media hang that assessment on him rather than trying to make the point himself.

Yet, he noted that “Pound-for-pound, I’m way ahead” of all other British fighters.

Froch, who is in the finals of Showtime’s Super 6 tournament, has a better record, has received more votes in the Yahoo! Sports boxing rankings and has beaten a higher class of opponent than Khan.

There’s a strong argument that Froch, not Khan, is the best pound-for-pound fighter from the U.K. And though Haye was horrendous in his title bout against Wladimir Klitschko, he also has a stronger résumé than Khan. Haye was a unified cruiserweight champion who moved up in weight and captured a heavyweight title. Despite his flop, Haye is still the best heavyweight in the world not named Klitschko.

And while there will be a good number of British fans in the arena on Saturday, it’s not going to be anything like it was in 2007 when there was invasion of nearly 40,000 Brits into Las Vegas when Ricky Hatton fought Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Khan still has yet to capture the British fan base the way that Hatton did, or heavyweights like Frank Bruno and Lennox Lewis a generation prior. When Khan fought Marco Antonio Barrera in Manchester, England in 2009, a large percentage of the crowd was rooting for the veteran Mexican superstar.

Freddie Roach, Khan’s veteran trainer, concedes that Khan has great potential, but much of it remains untapped. Roach believes in Khan’s ability, but he also has been around long enough to know that a fighter has to do it in the big arena when the lights are on and not in a cramped and sweaty gym.

“He’s not there yet,” Roach said. “We’re still learning and improving. We got caught in too many exchanges with Maidana. He gets caught with his hands down, and that’s something we’re working on. And we’re working on recognizing when a guy is laying a trap and trying to set you up. We worked a lot in this camp on recognizing when Zab is really going to be offensive and when he’s setting a trap and bait us in.

“We’re working on things and he’s getting better and better at them, but he’s not perfect.”

A clear win over a veteran like Judah would go a long way toward endearing himself to the boxing public. As tough as he is, Maidana isn’t particularly well known, except among the hardcore fans. Barrera and Paulie Malignaggi were past their primes when they met Khan.

Judah is the perfect opponent for Khan to prove that he belongs in the discussion with Froch and Haye as the top British fighter.

If Khan pulls it off, and is impressive in doing it, it will be hard to disagree with his boasts. He concedes there is pressure on him, but said, “Pressure drives me.”

The danger, of course, in talking so big is the consequences that come with a failure to perform.

If he loses after such big talk, he may be known as Amir “King Con” as opposed to Amir “King” Khan.

He’ll take the risk, because he knows the rewards can be great.

“When you fight the best guys in the world, there is always pressure that comes with that, but it’s also true that the rewards are the highest,” Khan said. “I want to be a legend in this business and to do that, you have to fight the guys that no one else wants to fight. A true champion fights anyone and that’s how I try to be. If someone thinks they can beat me, then that’s a person I want to fight.” He’s a bit too cocky for some people’s taste, but he’s at least willing to try to back up his talk. That, alone, makes him a rarity in this sport.

A humble, soft-spoken guy who is a terror in the ring might be best, but I’ll live with an egomaniac any day of the week if, like Khan, he comes to fight and seeks out the best.

There is no better combination.

SmoothBob
07-22-2011, 10:17 PM
I hope he aint gonna do a 'Haye'.. :beatdown:

DemonGeminiX
07-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Seems like those British fighters have a thing for talkin' shit.

:-k

Goofy
07-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Seems like those British fighters have a thing for talkin' shit.

:-k

Khan's always had a bit of arrogance about him going right back to when he won the olympic medal at 17 year old......... tbh though he has backed it up in the pro ranks

SmoothBob
07-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah he's had 1 loss, and ever since he's looked more an more the package

Goofy
07-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Easy win for Khan, Judah looked scared in there, he wanted out and found his way out.......... this is no sport for women Zab ;)

SmoothBob
07-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Big and Easy scalp for Amir, well played! :)

Mayweather in 2, 3 fights more? Hmmmm..

Goofy
07-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Did you watch the fight Bob? I had it on a live stream for 3 rounds then it cut out....... couldnt be bothered finding another so downloaded it this morning. Judah looked scared in the ring, too slow for Amir and no ideas on how to change things. He claims it was a low blow but it hit him about belly-button height........ if thats a low blow then i'm Margaret Thatcher :)

Amir will fight in December at 140 pounds then move up to 147 for the following fight (hopefully Tim Bradley then Floyd)

SmoothBob
07-24-2011, 03:39 PM
I caught a download this morn too.. :wavey:

Thought Amir looked good, a real solid jab, moved well and was blooding him well too before the 5th

Freddie doin a damn fine job trainin him! :tup:

SmoothBob
09-11-2011, 10:13 AM
So Vitali wins, and so easily, and when asked about Haye said,

"David Haye is world-famous - not for his boxing but for his tongue.

"I want to knock him out - I'm serious. I know I can do that."

And i know that your ment to root for ur countrymen but i'd actually like to see Vitali smash him! :tup:

SmoothBob
09-11-2011, 10:16 AM
OMG!

Cant Punch Wont Punch has joined Strictly Come Dancing!

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/55192000/jpg/_55192904_audley_harrison.jpg

Holy Shit! Just seen it on the BBC site...

So thats his career intention :lol:

Goofy
09-11-2011, 03:58 PM
So Vitali wins, and so easily, and when asked about Haye said,

"David Haye is world-famous - not for his boxing but for his tongue.

"I want to knock him out - I'm serious. I know I can do that."

And i know that your ment to root for ur countrymen but i'd actually like to see Vitali smash him! :tup:

Yeah, i watched it this morning........ pretty much exactly as i expected from Vitali, Adamek is too small to trouble him :)

SmoothBob
09-12-2011, 08:50 AM
British heavyweight boxer David Haye has said he will delay retirement plans if he is given a fight against either Vitali or Wladimir Klitschko.

:lmao:

redred
09-12-2011, 09:41 AM
:roll: the prat is all talk either of them will beat him

SmoothBob
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Ah know! Yi gotta laugh he still thinks he can step up! :beatdown:

DemonGeminiX
09-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Headbutt then a cheap knockout?

:-s

SmoothBob
09-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Feckin hate Mayweather, was really hoping he'd get his arse handed tae him. :beatdown:

redred
09-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Headbutt then a cheap knockout?

:-s

i've only seen a youtube clip were they told to fight on?the ref wasn't even watching that can't be right

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Feckin hate Mayweather, was really hoping he'd get his arse handed tae him. :beatdown:

Mayweather FTW :cheers:

Goofy
09-21-2011, 07:41 PM
The Mayweather KO from last weekend (should have been DQ'd imho)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghmVNwEyK-I

Typical Joe Cortez though, that fucker should have been turfed out of boxing years ago, fucking terrible referee

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Don't hate the player, hate the game :hand:

Goofy
09-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Don't hate the player, hate the game :hand:

Oh, i'm not blaming Floyd, i'm blaming Cortez :thumbsup: But that just typifies what i hate about Floyd, the man has the greatest skills i've seen in any boxer yet he chooses to be an egotistical, arrogant wanker all the time........ did you listen to Merchants interview with him post-fight? :| It's always got to be done Floyds way, anyone who has a different point of view is meaningless to him. I really want to see Manny knock Floyd the fuck out now :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2011, 09:19 PM
When Manny gets off the 'roids, then Floyd will fight him ;)

42-0-0 baby :dance:

Goofy
09-21-2011, 09:23 PM
:facepalm: In 15 years of pro boxing Manny has never tested positive for any banned substance........ yet because Floyd and his team say he's got to be on drugs to move up through all those weight divisions then every Flomo believes it :| Floyd's won titles in 5 weight divisions......... he mustve taken a lot of drugs to do that :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Floyd hasn't tested positive either ;)

Goofy
09-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Exactly my point ;)

We're never gonna agree on this either way :lol: I wish they'd just make the fight happen :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Blame Manny :hand:

Floyd might be making a bizarre drug test request, but he'd have to take the same test, so I don't see what the big deal is

Goofy
09-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Manny already agreed to all the tests with only a 5 day cut-off prior to the fight - testing right afterwards in the dressing room ok........ then Floyds team think up a new way to wriggle out of it :hand:

Goofy
09-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Anyway, why the fuck should he bow to Floyds demands? Floyd isnt on the boxing board of control is he? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Manny already agreed to all the tests with only a 5 day cut-off prior to the fight - testing right afterwards in the dressing room ok........ then Floyds team think up a new way to wriggle out of it :hand:

Manny's a whining little girl :hand:

Anyway, why the fuck should he bow to Floyds demands? Floyd isnt on the boxing board of control is he? :-s

Maybe :-s

SmoothBob
09-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Andre Ward gets a cut and the unification wi Froch is off.. thats pish that is! :angryfucker:

Goofy
09-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Andre Ward gets a cut and the unification wi Froch is off.. thats pish that is! :angryfucker:

Yeah, 5 weeks before the fight :| .... and, he uses twitter to let everyone know (including Froch), great professional :tup:

redred
09-27-2011, 01:17 PM
should he have used facebook instead ?

SmoothBob
09-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Punchbook! :D

SmoothBob
09-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Actually thats a great idea, a place to go where u can get a fight! :tup:

Goofy
09-28-2011, 12:23 PM
should he have used facebook instead ?

No, his team should have contacted Froch's team straight away, ya'know, show some professionalism

redred
09-28-2011, 01:13 PM
i agree it's shit that they're allowed to do things like that

redred
10-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Haye isn’t renewing his licence, without it he cannot box – BBBoC Board

http://onthebeak.com/2011/10/11/haye-isnt-renewing-his-licence-without-it-he-cannot-box-board-617/

please say he will stick to this

redred
10-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Former world champion David Haye retires from boxing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15256590.stm

why do i think if a big money fight is waved at him he'll get back in the ring

SmoothBob
10-15-2011, 09:34 AM
I recon u could beat him san! :tup:

Goofy
10-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Former world champion David Haye retires from boxing

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15256590.stm

why do i think if a big money fight is waved at him he'll get back in the ring

He's got zero miles on the clock, never had a tough brutal fight - i reckon he should have fought on

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2011, 11:33 AM
He's a punk, all he's good at is running his mouth, good riddance

redred
10-29-2011, 03:31 PM
WBC restores Bernard Hopkins as world champion

Bernard Hopkins has been restored as the WBC light-heavyweight champion after his controversial defeat by Chad Dawson at the weekend was overturned.

The veteran American claimed he could not continue after hurting his shoulder when he was lifted off his feet and dumped on the canvas by Dawson.

The referee stopped the fight and gave Dawson the win on a technical knockout.

However, after a review, the WBC changed the result to a technical draw, allowing Hopkins to keep his title.

Hopkins, who suffered a dislocation of the joint connecting his left shoulder and collarbone, was furious with referee Pat Russell's decision in Los Angeles and after the fight the 46-year-old filed a formal complaint to the California boxing authorities.

In a statement, WBC president Jose Sulaiman said the WBC "respects and cannot intervene in the decisions of the boxing commissions where the fights happen, but it does intervene in regards of the recognition of a WBC title of the world".

The WBC found that Dawson broke the rule barring "any rough tactics other than clean punches" and since the incident occurred before the fifth round, the result should have been a technical draw, rather than a technical decision based on scorecards.

Sulaiman said the WBC hoped California's boxing governing body "will review our ruling at their meeting in December".

That is when the seven-member California panel is expected to make its own ruling on Hopkins' appeal and determine whether the fight will count as a loss on his record.

Hopkins believes he should have won the fight by Dawson's disqualification.

In May, Hopkins became the oldest fighter to win a boxing world championship when he defeated Jean Pascal, eclipsing the record held by George Foreman, who regained the world heavyweight title at 45.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15399546.stm

DemonGeminiX
11-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Joe Frazier is dying. He has liver cancer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/joe-frazier-heavyweight-champion-diagnosed-liver-cancer-article-1.972759

Goofy
11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Joe Frazier is dying. He has liver cancer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/joe-frazier-heavyweight-champion-diagnosed-liver-cancer-article-1.972759

:|

On a lighter note, Ricky Burns was awesome against Katsidis last night, possibly the best performance by a Scotsman in the boxing ring EVER! Considering he's just moved up to Lightweight after winning (and defending) the World Super-Feather title i think it took big balls to fight against a big puncher in Katsidis. I scored the fight myself and had Burns winning 8 rounds, Kats 3 and one even. Classy work all the way through, made Katsidis miss time and time again, kept a great guard up when Katsidis was in close......... all in all a world-class performance! He done us proud last night :D

DemonGeminiX
11-08-2011, 05:37 AM
Joe Frazier has died. He was 67. :rip:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/boxing-legend-joe-frazier-dies-after-battle-with-liver-cancer-110711/

redred
11-08-2011, 07:52 AM
:rip: smoking joe

Goofy
11-13-2011, 02:41 AM
:|

Arturo Gatti: It WAS Murder!

By James Slater: Just over two years on from the tragic and untimely death of the legendary, hugely respected Arturo Gatti, reports are about to be released that say the 37-year-old warrior was indeed murdered in Brazil in July of 2009.

According to a breaking news piece in Ring.tv.com “a source with intimate knowledge of the details of the case has informed Ring.tv.com that his demise was a homicide and not a suicide.”

The article goes on to say how six experts, who have concluded an 11-month investigation, will reveal their findings at an August 30th press conference in North Bergen, New Jersey. All six experts have ruled out suicide as the cause of death.

As fans know and still mourn, Gatti was found dead on July 11th 2009, when vacationing in Brazil with his wife, Amanda Rodrigues. Initially, Rodrigues was arrested for murder - only to be released shortly afterwards. It was then that the first claims of suicide came out. The theory went that Gatti, depressed, took his own life by strangulation. Immediately, however, those who knew Gatti well vehemently refuted such talk; saying there is no way on earth the never-give-up warrior known as “Thunder” would ever “take the easy way out.”

Now, in light of these further months of investigation, it seems those who knew Gatti well have been proven correct.

According to Ring web site article, it has not yet been revealed if there is a suspect in Gatti’s death, or whether or not it has been determined exactly how Gatti was killed.

Everything is expected to come out at the August 30th press conference.

Hopefully then, Arturo will be able to rest in peace and his millions of fans will be able to remember him as the great fighter he always was.

redred
11-13-2011, 12:35 PM
well tyson fury won again last night ,is he the new british hope against the Klitschko's?

Goofy
11-13-2011, 12:40 PM
well tyson fury won again last night ,is he the new british hope against the Klitschko's?

Nope.

Goofy
11-13-2011, 12:41 PM
:lol: Fury lacks the skill and the punch power to beat a Klit - all he has is his size. Wlad would jab him to pieces and knock him out late, Vitali would take him out early

DemonGeminiX
11-13-2011, 12:45 PM
... to beat a Klit...

You'll never become the klit-master by beating the klit.

:nono:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Pacquiao’s invincibility pierced in divisive win (http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AvtKJnADMbbC8N064gulppE5nYcB?slug=dw-wetzel_pacquiao_marquez_rematch_mayweather_arum_11 1311)

Good article...Wetzel is one of my favorite sports writers

Goofy
11-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Pacquiao’s invincibility pierced in divisive win (http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AvtKJnADMbbC8N064gulppE5nYcB?slug=dw-wetzel_pacquiao_marquez_rematch_mayweather_arum_11 1311)

Good article...Wetzel is one of my favorite sports writers

That is actually a well written article for once......... some of the crap ive read since the fight has been pure laughable!

Teh One Who Knocks
11-17-2011, 11:25 PM
That's why he's one of my favorite sports writers :)

Goofy
11-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Found this to be a really good read too......... especially the part about Harold Lederman - i watched the fight with the HBO commentary and couldnt believe it when he was giving Manny a round when in my eyes JMM had won it pretty clearly..........

By P.H. Burbridge - Over the last few days you’ve read and heard a mountain of opinions on Manny Pacquiao. His performance Saturday night versus arch rival Juan Manuel Marquez was certainly disappointing to his fans because they went into the fight believing that Marquez was finally ready to be taken. Decisively and by KO! All the pertinent factors were in their favor. Three years had passed making it practically a guarantee that Juan Manuel was past his prime and during that time he engaged in intense wars with the likes of Juan Diaz and Michael Katsidis. But perhaps the most telling event came when he was out technique’d in shut out fashion by Floyd Mayweather Jr fighting at a similar weight (over 140 lbs) in which Marquez looked slow, soft and with little zip on his punches. Oh, and let’s not forget that he was also 38 years old! Damn near every talking head wrote a variation of “he’s in BIG trouble” which increased the perception that Marquez was certain to fall. In fact, considering all the public pessimism any logical person would conclude that Marquez was every bit the 9-1 underdog that the Vegas intelligentsia made him out to be.

But, once again he didn’t fight like one..

The legacy of Juan Manuel Marquez is filled with him doing things he’s not supposed to be able to do and it’s quite clear that Team Pacquiao (Freddie Roach and Bob Arum) grossly underestimated Marquez and grossly overestimated Manny Pacquiao’s technical improvement over the years since their last meeting. We’ve heard nothing but a constant drone from damn near every mountain top from boxing “expert’s” singing the praises of Manny Pacquiao being a “complete fighter” yet, his performance against a massively handicapped (or thought to be) foe tends to refute that claim. So, what IS the issue? You’ve heard a small minority say that they have seen signs of slippage that began in the Mosley fight but those opinions were largely muted and were explained away by blaming Shane for fighting almost exclusively in survival mode. Not to mention, Manny had “leg cramps” which is again being cited for Saturday night’s lack luster performance. This after we’ve been told over and over again that “this camp was different”. According to Roach “there was a SPECIAL intensity to Manny for this one” and “this was personal”. Going in all indications were that Manny was 100% dedicated and prepared but now we’re being told “well, he might have been distracted”…..The truth of the matter is that he’s ALWAYS distracted with a 60 person entourage and going on talk shows the night before the fight so its not fair to Marquez to imply these things.

The reality is Manny Pacquiao does not have the technical capacity to beat Juan Manuel Marquez decisively and no one knows this better than Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach. This thing backfired in their face in the worst possible way because Marquez was supposed to be done just like Shane Mosley was done just like Antonio Margarito was done just like Joshua Clottey was “offensively passive” just like Miguel Cotto was “damaged goods” and so on. That’s why JMM got the fight. Remember there were a whole lot of people scoffing at this match up when it was initially made and the prevailing sentiment was this was going to be a slaughter, a tune up, a professional bitch slap, etc….! Roach who has been exceptional in assessing how long it will take Manny to finish his opponent off is apparently losing his physic powers because this is the second fight in a row where he was way off! But, what we’ve really learned is that the Top Rank / Freddie Roach propaganda machine has been selling us Pacquiao porn and Manny is only slightly better technically than the fighter we saw Juan Manuel Marquez face back in 2008.

That’s the lesson we’ve learned!

Manny looked absolutely miserable in the corner against Juan Manuel Marquez. I scored the fight 115 – 113 for Marquez. It honestly wasn’t that hard of a fight to score because it was quite clear who was dictating the pace and who came out on top in damn near every exchange. Yes, it was close but it was also clear who landed the more telling blows. That’s all…..You know who else agrees with that conclusion?? Team Pacquiao otherwise they wouldn’t be clinging to a FOURTH fight against Marquez to avoid a Mayweather fight. Ordinarily a promoter would wait for the total PPV buy rate to be tallied to determine if it makes business sense to do another fight. Arum’s not doing that and is hoping that the controversy will allow him to rake in another all Top Rank promoted event. Arum knows and certainly Roach knows that what we saw Saturday night doesn’t beat Mayweather. We all know that the Mayweather fight will be the biggest in history and makes the most financial sense for Manny but it doesn’t make the most financial sense for Top Rank and Arum wouldn’t be Arum if he couldn’t read the writing on the wall.

If he puts Manny in with Floyd the Top Rank train will come to a screeching halt.

Top Rank would be relegated to pushing Donaire, Chavez Jr, Brandon Rios….or maybe try and build Bradley up to Floyd but the bottom line is the next biggest money maker on the roster is Miguel Cotto and after December 3rd someone else might move up a notch. Top Rank goes from “A” status to “B” if Manny loses. That’s what at stake and why Arum is trying to sneak in a fourth fight which in today’s boxing environment is highly unusual. It does two things. It allows total control and revenue for another Top Rank promotion and it also allows Floyd to age a little bit more. (Hey, who knows….? It’s worth a shot.)

The judging has been almost universally panned for this fight with Moretti and Trowbridge being called everything from blind to on the “take” so you know the judges for a fourth meeting will be under a RED HOT spotlight. Manny will HAVE to deliver a dominant performance because if he doesn’t he won’t get the benefit of the doubt. My opinion is that we’ll get a repeat of what we saw Saturday night and Marquez will FINALLY be awarded the decision. The recent public outcry nearly guarantees that result under the circumstances.

But, on to my next topic….

There’s kind of an unspoken rule not to point out certain things about HBO in print. In fact, boxing websites cringe whenever a scribe writes anything questioning the most important boxing network today so let me be clear that I’m expressing my own opinion and not that of Eastside Boxing. But, let me also say that over the years many of the other writers I correspond with have made the exact same comments albeit in private conversation.

Juan Manuel lost this fight before he even walked into the ring as far as the powers that be at HBO were concerned. Practically all the media looked at this fight as suicide as did the head of the WBC, José Sulaimán who along with Bob Arum routinely remind us of what’s truly wrong with professional boxing today. So, the overall impression was that this was going to be a business as usual affair for Manny.

To add to Marquez’s perceptual burden the “judges” incompetent ratio was 2 out of 3 which is never a good thing.

But the one sour point of the night that really annoyed me to no end was HBO!

How many more years are we going to be forced to listen to Jim Lampley’s light weight, cheerleading rhetoric, Emanuel Steward’s utter destruction of the English language and Max Kellerman’s arrogance dipped in sarcasm.!?!? Thank GOD, Merchant wasn’t on the call or we’d still be waiting for him to deliver one of his slow as molasses dismissive quips!! Are they biased!?! NO QUESTION!!! I could literally go back 20 YEARS all the way to the Chavez – Taylor fight and recount one biased call after another. I’m still trying to forget some of the one sided calls over the years. So, much so that I watch fights with the volume turned all the way down. HBO pick’s their guy and regardless of what’s actually happening in the ring they tailor their comments to support that guy…….And the folk’s in the truck almost always replay sequences to support their “misinformation”….

It used to be that Sugar Ray Leonard was the “darling” then the 1984 Gold Medal winners and so on… But, now it’s Manny Pacquiao! Every single person reading this who gets the HBO feed knows exactly what I’m talking about and to some extent the fact that HBO continues to allow it speaks to an overall lack of integrity but more troubling it’s an insult to boxing fans. They’re hurting the sport by not being objective with their comments. Either its complete incompetence or its intentional….Either way it needs to be addressed! That goes double for Harold Lederman who’s scores over the years have left not only I but MANY fight fans asking “is the fix in? Did HBO decide who they needed to win this fight for economic reasons before the fighters even entered the ring?” Lederman’s scoring for Saturday nights fight was horrendous which was only exceed by his explanation of how he arrived at those conclusions. HBO is the premier boxing network in the world and they have the resources to do better. Much better!!

Its one thing to see a guy do the job and not get the nod but it’s something completely else to hear a group of “company men” trying and convince you to ignore your own eyes.

There is a LEGACY of one sided calls by this group that almost seems institutional in nature and I PRAY that Ken Hershman brings in a team to review some of the more biased calls and either corrects the problem or makes a change.

Now, the MAJORITY of writers, boxing analysts and fans believe Marquez won a close but clear decision so somebody please explain to US how we’re all wrong and the folk’s calling the fight got it right??

Continue to voice your disapproval on the forums and to all you scribes, “SAY SOMETHING” because we pay top dollar for these events and DEMAND realistic UNBIASED commentary!!

Goofy
11-17-2011, 11:35 PM
That's why he's one of my favorite sports writers :)

My all-time favourite is a guy called Bill Leckie who writes for the Sun newspaper over here, his columns in the lead-up to Scotland footy games are epic, pride inducing, hairs on the back of the neck standing up stuff :lol:

Goofy
11-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Former world champion Enzo Maccarinelli needed only 91 seconds to secure a debut win at light-heavyweight on his return to the ring.

The Welsh boxer has dropped down from cruiserweight to rebuild his career and made light work of previously unbeaten opponent Gyorgy Marosi at York Hall.

Maccarinelli rocked the Hungarian with the first left hook he landed. An accurate combination inflicted further damage, and the referee stepped in to end the fight moments later.

Marosi, 34, had won his previous 12 fights he looked woefully out of his depth as Maccarinelli sought to impress after a 14-month absence.

Victory for the 31-year-old Maccarinelli could pave the way for a bout with Ovil McKenzie for the Commonwealth light-heavyweight title. That in turn could be another stepping stone towards an all-Welsh clash with unbeaten WBO champion Nathan Cleverly.

Swansea's Maccarinelli has promised to become the first Welshman to regain a world title.

Goofy
11-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Juan Manuel Marquez's camp has upped the ante for the Mexican to accept a fourth fight with Filipino boxing rival Manny Pacquiao.

After Marquez declared that he preferred Mexico to be the venue of a possible May 2012 metting with Pacquiao, here comes his trainer Ignacio 'Nacho' Beristain demanding a sky-rocketing purse for the best Mexican technical fighter today.

"$25 million on the table," said Beristain from his famous Romanza boxing gym in Mexico City.

Top Rank's Bob Arum, who promotes both Pacquiao and Marquez, signified his intention on his plan to stage a fourth fight between the two boxing rivals in the wake of the Filipino's controversial majority decision win over the Mexican last week in their welterweight title fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Beristain pointed out that the mere fact a fourth fight is being thought about meant that Marquez could have been overlooked as the likely winner the last time.

"It only shows they realized that Juan Manuel had a clear win over Pacquiao. Otherwise, they wouldn't show this much interest (in making a fourth fight)," said Beristain.

"They have Pacquiao, the goose that lay the golden eggs and produces a lot of money, but (last) Saturday, he became a plucked chicken," Marquez's trainer added.

Marquez had his biggest payday of $5 million in his trilogy with Pacquiao. The 'Pacman' meanwhile, received $22 million in guaranteed prize money.

Pacquiao said he's willing to do it a fourth time. Marquez initially balked to the idea and instead, contemplated on retiring from boxing.

Upon arriving in Mexico City the other day, the 38-year-old reigning WBO and WBA lightweight champion, however, mentioned that he'll agree to fight the Filipino ring star again should the fight be held "in Mexico under my own conditions."

A rematch clause is stipulated in the Pacquiao-Marquez bout in case the Mexican wins, assuring him of a $10 million purse in the fourth fight. — JVP, GMA News

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2011, 11:22 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/boxing/articles/msn/floyd_mayweather_jr_challenges_manny_pacquiao_to_s ign_contract/8394289

redred
12-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Wladimir Klitschko pulls out of Jean-Marc Mormeck fight

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16016823.stm

redred
12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
just spotted that Kimbo Slice has gotten back into the ring (heavyweight)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ppp8lzjNKY

so far he has a 2 fight 2 ko so still needs a few more fights but could this be what the heavyweight division needs ?, a tyson style brawler and could he beat one of the brothers given the chance?

the heavyweight division has been stale for awhile wonder if kimbo is the answer:-k

Goofy
12-19-2011, 09:22 AM
could he beat one of the brothers given the chance?

Nope, no way in hell could he beat Wlad or Vitali.

I did see an American heavyweight last week that i like the look of, he was on the Khan - Petersen undercard. Can't for the life of me remember his name but he was apparently an NFL footballer until he blew out his knee........ will go have a quick google and see if i can find him :)

Goofy
12-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Seth Mitchell - http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=boxer&human_id=435230

http://i.imgur.com/bnpDu.jpg

Good athlete, quick on his feet and packs a punch :thumbsup: Now there's a guy who 'may' have a chance of beating a Klitschko ;)

redred
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Amir Khan alleges ringside 'interference' during Peterson defeat

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57728000/jpg/_57728316_amir_khan_scorecard.jpg
Amir Khan claims he saw an unidentified man who "interfered" with officials during his defeat by Lamont Peterson celebrating with the winner.

The Bolton fighter said: "I have sent a complaint to the WBA and IBF and they have said will get back to me in the next 24 hours and tell me who he is.

"On tape you see him around Peterson's corner, cheering and celebrating.

"It's bad for boxing. We want fair fights and justice and to be treated like that is unfair."

On Thursday Khan accused an unidentified man of "interfering" with officials and the judges' scorecards on his Twitter page by posting a number of images from last month's fight in Washington.

The 25-year-old claimed the man talked to WBA supervisor Michael Welsh and interfered with the judges' scorecards.

"I want to know who this man is," Khan added on Sky Sports News.

"He had no accreditation. At the end of the fight he was straight over Peterson's people, celebrating with them.

"There were lots of amendments made on the scorecards, which I've never seen before. Why did it take so long to get the cards out?"

His appeal against the controversial points decision to hometown fighter Peterson, which cost him his WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles, will be held later this month.

The president of the WBA, Gilberto Mendoza, has told BBC Sport that he is examining Khan's Twitter allegations and will make a response to Khan's camp within the next 24 hours.

The IBF told BBC Sport that "with regards to the IBF master scorecard we can assure that it has not been tampered with".

Among a string of tweets, Khan alleged that the unidentified man started to "interfere" with Welsh in round six and continued to do so until the end of the fight.

He also claims that the man talked to Welsh and handled the scorecards, which were handed to Welsh at the end of each round, and that Welsh admitted after the fight that his scorecards did not match the others.

Last month Khan had told of his unhappiness with the performance of referee Joe Cooper - who deducted Khan two points for pushing - and alleged scorecard irregularities.

Khan's trainer Freddie Roach told BBC Sport he believes his charge "got screwed".

Roach said he wanted to see Cooper suspended from officiating future world title fights and that "the fight should 100% be looked into".

"I have no knowledge of any wrong-doing but it was unusual how long it took [for the scorecards to be tallied]," said Roach, Khan's trainer since 2008.

"Wrong-doing in boxing is always hard to prove but we got screwed in that fight. I hope something is done about it.

"I'd like to see the DC Boxing and Wrestling Commission look into the fight and I think the WBA and IBF - the sanctioning bodies - should be involved also."

Amir Khan calls decision 'disgusting' immediately after Peterson defeat
Asked if his suspicions were aroused on the night, Roach said: "It goes through your mind [that there may be wrongdoing]. I mean, how hard can it be to add 12 rounds of boxing up?

"And Amir had two points deducted for pushing - the first time I've ever seen that."

Khan's business manager Asif Vali said they had written to the boxing authorities about the unidentified man.

"We don't know who the official is," he said. "We've asked the question, we've written to Washington DC and we're still waiting for their response, and we've written to the IBF and they've still not responded.

"If the answers are legitimate, fine, we'll accept them. If they're not legitimate, then we hope the rematch takes place, and if the rematch takes place, all this can be squashed."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16435696.stm

Goofy
01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Amir Khan's promoters claim WBA has ordered Lamont Peterson rematch

Amir Khan has been guaranteed a rematch by the World Boxing Association with Lamont Peterson, according to his promoter, after the mystery man sitting next to the judges during the British fighter's defeat last month was identified as Mustafa Ameen, an International Boxing Federation official.

Khan lost his WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles to Peterson on 10 December in Washington DC and last week used his Twitter account to post a series of images of the man, seen wearing a dark hat, and to draw attention to the individual's movements around the judges' table. Peterson won after a disputed points decision.

Richard Schaefer, chief executive of Golden Boy Promotions, who represent Khan in the United States, said that the WBA have offered Khan a rematch with Peterson and pressed the IBF to follow suit.

"We have been informed today by the WBA that they will order an immediate rematch," he said. "We received a verbal confirmation today and we will get a written confirmation by next Tuesday. That means that no fighter can take an interim fight, that the next fight for Peterson would be a rematch. We hope that the IBF will follow because that's the least they can do. The ruling of the WBA to order an immediate rematch should put additional pressures on the IBF."

Schaefer wants Khan's defeat by Peterson to be deemed a no contest, which would reinstate Khan as a two-belt world champion, but he did concede this was a long-shot. "It's difficult to guess the no-contest ruling. I certainly hope this could happen," he said.

Khan echoed Schaefer's call for a rematch on Twitter on Saturday. ""We are just hoping for answers now, and we have left it with our promoters and legal team, apparently the ruling for someone interfering with the scorecards or judges, the fight is ruled as a no-contest.

"Let's just wait and see if Michael Welsh [the WBA fight supervisor] or Mustafa Ameen come out and speak out, they know the truth and exactly what was going on."

In footage of the fight a man in a black hat and a blue suit can be seen passing slips of paper to Welsh. At the end of last week after Khan posted on Twitter images of the man to question his presence at ringside. Schaefer stated that the IBF had since identified him as Ameen.

Schaefer said that Ameen was given accreditation for the fight despite having no direct involvment. He said: "His name is Mustafa Ameen and the IBF have confirmed to us his name," he said, "and they have confirmed to us that he's involved in an official capacity with the IBF. However, he was not in Washington in an official IBF capacity, but the IBF asked the Washington commission to issue him a credential so that he could attend the fight."

At the end of last week, Khan said: "The rule is whenever the judges are working, no one is allowed to touch the judges' papers or scorecards. Were they scorecards? I don't know. That's the thing I want to know and that's the complaint I sent."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jan/07/amir-khan-mystery-man-rematch

redred
01-08-2012, 12:32 PM
wasn't he going to get a rematch anyway?

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Mayweather calls out Pacquiao on Twitter

Updated Jan 10, 2012 7:01 PM ET

Superstar boxer Manny Pacquiao maintains he wants his next fight to be a long-awaited showdown with the undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr.

And it looks like Mayweather wouldn't have it any other way.

Mayweather chimed in Tuesday via Twitter, writing: "Manny Pacquiao I'm calling you out let's fight May 5th and give the world what they want to see.

"My Jail Sentence was pushed back because the date was locked in. Step up Punk."

A Las Vegas judge ruled last week that Mayweather could start his 90-day jail stint June 1 after his guilty plea on domestic violence charges. He was initially set to report to jail Jan. 6, but the judge agreed to delay the sentence to allow the 34-year-old to fight May 5 at the MGM Grand.

The unexpected ruling immediately led to speculation that the door had been opened for the highly anticipated Mayweather-Pacquiao matchup.

In an interview from his native Philippines, the eight-division world champion Pacquiao reiterated to PhilBoxing.com his desire to fight Mayweather.

"I've said this over and over before and I'm saying this again: I want Floyd Mayweather, Jr. to be my next opponent and I haven't changed my choice despite recent developments," said the 33-year-old.

But an agreement for the fight still must be hammered out with Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum.

"I am meeting with my promoter, Bob Arum, on Tuesday and I will insist that the fight with Mayweather be given the preference," said Pacquiao, who has won 15 fights in a row dating back to 2005.

"Whoever the fans want me to fight, I will face him atop the ring. I don't choose the fight. It is my promoter who does because it's his job. My job is to fight, everybody must realize that."
The 80-year-old Arum has said he doesn't want the Pacquiao-Mayweather clash to be held at the MGM Grand, which seats 16,800. Arum has proposed building a larger temporary stadium in Las Vegas for the fight, or holding the match at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Other possible opponents for Pacquiao include light welterweight champion Tim Bradley, Juan Manuel Marquez or Miguel Cotto. Pacquiao won a controversial decision over Marquez in November in the third fight between the two, and scored a TKO victory over Cotto in November 2009.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, whose company has promoted Mayweather's past five fights, has suggested Mayweather's Cinco de Mayo fight could be against popular 154-pound Mexican champion Saul ''Canelo'' Alvarez or lightweight champion Robert Guerrero, a Mexican-American from the Bay Area, if he can't make a deal with Pacquiao.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Manny-Pacquiao-maintains-he-wants-to-fight-Floyd-Mayweather-next-011012

Point number 1: Mayweather's cracking me up with his "Step up, punk" comment.

Point number 2: It must be nice to be able to have your jail sentence postponed at your behest. Most other people would be laughed at and thrown in jail right then and there.

redred
01-11-2012, 08:11 AM
and then mayweather will do his 90 days inside come out and say he's not ready for the fight

Joebob034
01-19-2012, 03:58 PM
come on really?

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2012/01/18/arum-pacquiaos-next-fight-will-not-be-against-mayweather/?sct=hp_t2_a11&eref=sihp

Goofy
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
They'll both be OAP's before the fight gets made :|

redred
02-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko ahead of title fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxHkJq1ICOE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17073085

Goofy
02-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Better put my money on Vitali knocking him out within 3 then :lol:

How fuckin' stupid is that :facepalm: Making Wlad angry before a fight might be a good idea, would get him to open up a bit more........ but Vitali? Vitali has a granite chin, the only way to beat him is to outbox him/outspeed him....... and you cant do that when you're sleeping on the canvas :)

redred
02-19-2012, 09:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS_Qw9MEkL0&feature=related

it gets better

Goofy
02-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Chisora really is a tube :facepalm: He also spat water in Wlad's face just before the fight........... i've a feeling he's gonna wind up with a ban

Goofy
02-19-2012, 11:37 AM
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3927/davidhayeofbritainpunch.jpg (http://img705.imageshack.us/i/davidhayeofbritainpunch.jpg/)

Tank
02-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Chisora & haye are wankers, i say let them and their 'my entourage is better than yours' have a royal rumble style fight and see which one is the bigger wanker . . . . er i mean boxer

redred
02-19-2012, 12:41 PM
thing is Chisora did ok in the fight he wasn't ko'ed and just seemed to lack the idea's and power to deal with Vitali,he spits the water into Wlad's face and seem to want to fight him straight after the fight then goes after haye the blokes a nutter:huh:

Goofy
02-19-2012, 12:50 PM
thing is Chisora did ok in the fight he wasn't ko'ed and just seemed to lack the idea's and power to deal with Vitali,he spits the water into Wlad's face and seem to want to fight him straight after the fight then goes after haye the blokes a nutter:huh:

He has created a bit of 'buzz' though, people will be interested in a Chisora-Haye/Chisora-Wlad fight now......... it would definitely make money now

redred
02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
if he's allowed to fight again :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/eTqBQ.jpg (http://imgur.com/eTqBQ)

Goofy
02-19-2012, 01:13 PM
if he's allowed to fight again :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/eTqBQ.jpg (http://imgur.com/eTqBQ)

Yeah, i can see him copping a lengthy ban......... Haye might get banned too actually

redred
02-19-2012, 01:15 PM
good to both if they do get banned

Tank
02-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Chisora has an indefinate lifetime ban, but i'd guess its gonna get lifted as soon as Chisora gets a big paycheck fight and the WBC get their cut ;)

Dereck Chisora has been suspended indefinitely by the World Boxing Council for his behaviour before and after his fight with Vitali Klitschko.

British heavyweight Chisora was involved in a brawl with countryman David Haye at the news conference after his defeat by the Ukrainian in Munich.

“I don't understand how someone can be banned without having a hearing. I've never heard of anything like that”

Frank Warren
Chisora's manager

Chisora also slapped Klitschko at the weigh-in and spat water in the face of his brother Wladimir before the bout.

The WBC said it was "one of the worst behaviours ever by a professional".

The body demanded Chisora, 28, should seek anger management treatment before it considers whether to lift the suspension.

Jose Sulaiman, president of the WBC, said the authority would also look to impose a "serious" fine on the Zimbabwe-born fighter.

The Londoner, ranked 14th in the WBC's heavyweight division, will also be taken out of the organisation's rankings.

"The WBC is absolutely condemning behaviours that are not to be accepted in boxing under any circumstances and will act as soon as it can proceed to impose the fines and sanctions as we consider necessary," a statement read.

"Boxers are gentlemen and show to the world an example of honour and fair play when, after a tremendous battle, they go to the centre of the ring to pay respect to each other.

Use accessible player and disable flyout menus"Dereck Chisora is not going to tarnish the sport for those born in the humblest beds, who become sports heroes of the world to live a life of dignity and pride."

The WBC statement made no mention of Haye, who is currently unlicensed.

Chisora is due before a British Boxing Board of Control hearing on 14 March, and his manager Frank Warren told BBC Radio 5 live: "I don't understand how someone can be banned without having a hearing. I've never ever heard of anything like that. There's been no hearing.

"There were some things which he did which absolutely were wrong and he shouldn't have done, and I'm not condoning that but there were a lot of things happening behind the scenes. All this stuff needs to be taken into consideration before anyone decides what happened.

"Everybody is entitled to natural justice no matter what they've done."

Underdog Chisora earned plenty of plaudits despite his points defeat by heavy favourite Klitschko in Munich on 18 February.

But all the post-fight headlines were overshadowed by the brawl between Chisora and former WBA champion Haye, who lost to Wladimir Klitschko in July.

Chisora threatened to shoot Haye after the clash and was detained by German police the following morning, though he was later released without charge.

Haye, who has officially retired from the sport, left the country without speaking to police, while it has been reported that it could take Munich police two weeks to question him because of red tape.

Both fighters have since apologised for their behaviour.

The German Boxing Federation have already indicated that neither Chisora nor Haye will be welcome to fight again on German soil.

BBC boxing commentator Mike Costello believes the outcome of the BBBofC hearing will be pivotal for Chisora's future.

"They have his licence and if they decide to ban him then his only option is leaving the country to try to get a licence - but even that won't be straight forward because they will support whatever decision the BBBofC come to," Costello told BBC Radio 5 live.

redred
02-29-2012, 04:29 PM
hope he doesn't get it back nor haye

redred
05-09-2012, 11:56 AM
David Haye and Dereck Chisora to fight at Upton Park

David Haye and Dereck Chisora are to face each other in a fight sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation on 14 July at Upton Park.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17987600

what a joke ,i can see this being a shit fight full of headbutts and low blows a playground brawl rather than something to showcase british boxing

SmoothBob
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Is stoopid, really stoopid, is a big slap in the face for the british board, are they really goin to have a good buy rate on the ppv?

And Haye says he was plannin a comeback against Vitali later in the year? Wont happen..

redred
05-09-2012, 03:42 PM
i won't be paying to watch it ,but will find a streaming link just to see the circus freakshow

redred
05-09-2012, 03:46 PM
i bet warren is loving building the hype on this one

http://i.imgur.com/muhWp.jpg

SmoothBob
05-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Warren is in danger of loosing his promoting license..

Hugh_Janus
05-09-2012, 07:25 PM

what a shame :(

Goofy
05-09-2012, 09:39 PM

Hope so, he's a prick

SmoothBob
05-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Reverend!

Goofy
05-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Been a busy week in boxing! Carl Froch whoops Bute's ass in 5 one-sided rounds to become a 3-time SMW champ :woot: .......... then Johnny Tapia dies :rip: and now Paul Williams is paralysed from the waist down after a bike crash :(

DemonGeminiX
06-09-2012, 05:04 AM
Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley is tonight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Pacquiao_vs._Timothy_Bradley

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Official decision: Timothy Bradley defeats Manny Pacquiao by split decision (115-113, 113-115, 115-113)

:shock:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Manny-Pacquiao-loses-to-Timothy-Bradley-in-split-decision-060912

RBP
06-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Official decision: Timothy Bradley defeats Manny Pacquiao by split decision (115-113, 113-115, 115-113)

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Manny-Pacquiao-loses-to-Timothy-Bradley-in-split-decision-060912

RBP
06-10-2012, 05:25 AM
OMG now I HAVE to see this fight to decide

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2012, 05:27 AM

RBP
06-10-2012, 05:28 AM
That's crazy.. it would have been worth the $60 from the sounds of it.

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2012, 05:32 AM
OMG now I HAVE to see this fight to decide

I'm sorry I missed it now. I was all indecisive on whether I should go see the movie or whether I should stay home and listen to Bonnaroo on youtube while watching the Heat/Celtics, the Devils/Kings, and keeping track of Pac's fight. They repeat the show on youtube so I can watch what I want to see before the third day live stream begins tomorrow, I wasn't surprised by the Kings/Devils outcome, and I didn't really give a shit about the Heat/Celtics outcome, but this fight result is blowing me away.

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Who is this guy? He came out of nowhere! I bet Mayweather's kicking himself in prison.

RBP
06-10-2012, 05:33 AM
I'm sorry I missed it now. I was all indecisive on whether I should go see the movie or whether I should stay home and listen to Bonnaroo on youtube while watching the Heat/Celtics, the Devils/Kings, and keeping track of Pac's fight. They repeat the show on youtube so I can watch what I want to see before the third day live stream begins tomorrow, I wasn't surprised by the Kings/Devils outcome, and I didn't really give a shit about the Heat/Celtics outcome, but this fight result is blowing me away.

Oh for sure! I am definitely going to have to watch that fight!!

RBP
06-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Who is this guy? He came out of nowhere! I bet Mayweather's kicking himself in prison.

Mayweather's in prison????? :huh:

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Mayweather's in prison????? :huh:

Yeah, he's serving a 3 month sentence for domestic violence.

On December 21, 2011, a judge sentenced Mayweather to serve 90 days in the county jail for battery upon his ex-girlfriend in September 2010. Mayweather reached a deal with prosecutors in which he pled guilty to misdemeanor battery in exchange for prosecutors dropping the felony battery charge. Mayweather also pled no contest to two counts of misdemeanor harrasment which stemmed from Mayweather threatening to beat his kids. In addition to the sentence of 90 days in the county jail, Mayweather was ordered to complete 100 hours community service, a 12-month domestic violence program, and pay a fine of $2,500.
On June 1, Mayweather began serving his county jail sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather,_Jr.#Domestic_violence_cases

RBP
06-10-2012, 05:39 AM
Yeah, he's serving a 3 month sentence for domestic violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather,_Jr.#Domestic_violence_cases

Hmmmm I think this might make the fight MORE likely.

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2012, 05:43 AM
Hmmmm I think this might make the fight MORE likely.

I don't see it. Pac just got beat. Sure Mayweather would say ,"If this nobody can beat him, so can I", but Bradley's the king on the throne now. People are gonna be itching to knock this guy off the top of the pile.

RBP
06-10-2012, 05:44 AM
I don't see it. Pac just got beat. Sure Mayweather would say ,"If this nobody can beat him, so can I", but Bradley's the king on the throne now. People are gonna be itching to knock this guy off the top of the pile.

Ugh. I am annoyed I missed it.

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2012, 05:47 AM
:lol:

I am too now.

RBP
06-10-2012, 05:51 AM
LAS VEGAS – Timothy Bradley and Manny Pacquiao put on an outstanding show, but it was the judges who will be the big story for the next week or so.

Pacquiao landed 94 more punches than Bradley according to CompuBox, but it was not enough as the judges stunningly awarded a split-decision win to Bradley, who lifted the World Boxing Organization welterweight title from Pacquiao with the victory.

"I thought I won the fight," said Bradley, who said he hurt his ankle in the second round. "I didn't think he was as good as everybody says he is. I didn't feel a lot of his power."

It was an excellent back-and-forth bout, but Pacquiao seemed to control it by landing more, landing at a higher percentage and landing the harder punches.

Judges C.J. Ross and Duane Ford had it for Bradley, 115-113. Jerry Roth had it for Pacquiao, 115-113. Bradley won the final round on all three cards which pulled out the bout for him.

Pacquiao was shocked by the verdict.

"I do my best and I guess my best wasn't good enough," Pacquiao said. "I've been watching the tapes of his fights. Tonight, he never hurt me. Most of his punches hit my arms. I don't know what happened [with the scoring]. I have no problem. I'll be ready for the rematch. No doubt [I won the fight.]"

It was a stunning end to a more than seven-year winning streak for Pacquiao, who entered the bout ranked No. 2 in the Yahoo! Sports world rankings.

"Can you believe that?" promoter Bob Arum said. "I had it 10-2! After I got into the ring after the fight, I went over to Bradley and said 'You did very well.' He said, 'I tried hard, but I couldn't beat the guy.' This is crazy. You talk about killing boxing? All three scorecards you throw out."

Dreams of a megafight against No. 1 Floyd Mayweather Jr. may have gone up in smoke with the pens of judges who saw a different fight than the fans in the building and most media at ringside.

Yahoo! Sports scored it 117-111 for Pacquiao, the same margin as Tim Dahlberg of the Associated Press and Steve Carp of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Dan Rafael of ESPN had it 118-110 for Pacquiao. HBO's Harold Lederman had it 119-109, or 11 rounds to one, for Pacquiao.

"This is a death knell for boxing, and I'm going to make a ton of money on the rematch," Arum said.

Pacquiao landed 253 of 751 punches, a connect rate of 34 percent. Bradley landed 159 of 839, a connect rate of just 19 percent. On top of that, Pacquiao seemed to land the more powerful shots.

It was an action-paced battle fought at a furious pace for much of the event. Pacquiao showed little respect for Bradley's power and waded in with impunity, ripping straight left hands and hooks.

"He's a beast," Bradley said, while admitting Pacquiao hurt him several times with the left.

Bradley landed clean shots, but wasn't able to back Pacquiao up.

Pacquiao said he respected the decision, but felt he won the fight.

From the look on Bradley's face at the end of the bout, it appeared he felt the same way.

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2012, 05:55 AM
Pac's gonna kill him in the rematch.

RBP
06-10-2012, 06:08 AM
Pac's gonna kill him in the rematch.

I'd bet on that too....

RBP
06-10-2012, 06:12 AM
DLing now from here: http://uploaded.to/file/gbkpxztn/24-7.Pacquiao.Bradley.Part03.720p.HDTV.x264-LMAO.mkv

RBP
06-10-2012, 06:13 AM
night.............

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2012, 06:35 AM
:bye:

RBP
06-10-2012, 12:26 PM
DLing now from here: http://uploaded.to/file/gbkpxztn/24-7.Pacquiao.Bradley.Part03.720p.HDTV.x264-LMAO.mkv

This isn't the fight :rant:

samarchepas
06-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Want to know what is wrong with boxing? Just watch the last Pacquiao fight! He won AT LEAST 9 rounds...and lost the fight!

Goofy
06-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Want to know what is wrong with boxing? Just watch the last Pacquiao fight! He won AT LEAST 9 rounds...and lost the fight!

Yep, and marquez won at least 9 rounds against pac in their last fight yet pac got the decision. They need to bring back 15 rounders for title fights imho, can make all the difference

redred
06-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Cuban boxing champion Teofilo Stevenson dies
http://i.imgur.com/atvB5.jpg
Former Cuban heavyweight boxer Teofilo Stevenson, who won three Olympic gold medals, has died at the age of 60.

State media said he had suffered a heart attack.

In the 1970s, US boxing promoters offered Stevenson $5m (£3m) to turn professional and fight then world heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali.

But the boxer stayed loyal to the Cuban revolution, which outlawed professional sports, and refused. He said: "I prefer the affection of eight million Cubans."

Stevenson was born in Las Tunas province in eastern Cuba and fought his first bout at the age of 14.

He went on to win gold medals as a heavyweight in three consecutive Olympic Games - 1972 in Munich, 1976 in Montreal and 1980 in Moscow - and was widely considered the greatest amateur boxer of his time.

"The Olympic Games in Munich and Montreal are the fondest memories I have from my life, the best stage of my career," he told AP news agency earlier this year.

Boxing fans were keen to see him go up against Muhammad Ali in what they hoped would be the "fight of the century", but Stevenson turned the offer down.

The boxer - known in Cuba by the nickname "Pirolo" - missed a shot at a fourth Olympic gold when Cuba joined the Soviet boycott of the 1984 Games in Los Angeles.

He announced his retirement in 1988 after Cuba decided to skip the Seoul Olympics as well.

After retiring, Stevenson became a coach and served as vice president of the Cuban Boxing Federation.

Reporting his death, state newspaper Juventud Rebelde said Cuban sport had lost "one of its greatest exponents of all time".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-18405802

Herr Witzig
06-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Damn that's to bad.

redred
07-13-2012, 06:57 PM
well it's ordered:shock:

http://i.imgur.com/9loRV.jpg

i have a few of the lads round tomorrow for the fight and beers so didn't fancy chasing internet streams around ,really don't know who i want to win as i don't like either but i have money on chisora because it's better odds

redred
09-23-2012, 10:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9msTq.jpg

Corrie Sanders: Ex-heavyweight champion dies in shooting

Former heavyweight world boxing champion Corrie Sanders has died after being shot during an apparent robbery.
The 46-year-old was reportedly attending a family celebration at a restaurant near Pretoria in his native South Africa. He died in hospital.
Sanders pulled off one of boxing's major shocks when he beat Wladimir Klitschko to win the WBO heavyweight title in 2003.
He retired in 2008, having won 42 of his 46 fights.
Sanders vacated the WBO title in December 2003 to concentrate on a challenge against Wladimir's older brother Vitali for the vacant WBC belt.
But he was stopped in the eighth round of the fight at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Sanders retired in December 2004 after beating Alexei Varakin in the second round of their contest in Austria, but returned to action two years later.
He lost his final bout, against Osbourne Machimana, for the South African heavyweight title in February 2008.

redred
10-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Cruz becomes first boxer to come out as gay

Puerto Rican featherweight Orlando Cruz has become the first active boxer to publicly reveal he is gay.
Cruz, 31, competed in the 2000 Olympic Games and is on the verge of a world title fight with the WBO.
"I've been fighting for more than 24 years and as I continue my career, I want to be true to myself," said Cruz, who has won 18 of his 22 contests.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/19847940

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Hector “Macho” Camacho Sr. shot in Puerto Rico

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/11/hector-macho-camacho-sr-shot-in-puerto-rico/

DemonGeminiX
11-21-2012, 11:54 PM
His condition worsens:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/11/camacho-sr-suffers-heat-attack-condition-worsens/

redred
11-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Boxer Hector Camacho dies after life support is turned off

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20477872

:rip:

DemonGeminiX
11-24-2012, 07:38 PM
:rip:

Hugh_Janus
11-24-2012, 10:44 PM
oh shit.... forgot about the hatton fight.... when is it on?

redred
11-24-2012, 11:05 PM
finished now

Goofy
11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
finished now

So's Ricky :lol:

redred
11-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Hope so

redred
12-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Andrew Flintoff beats Richard Dawson on boxing debut
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/20563918

farir play it was a fun fight to watch

Leefro
12-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Maybe he should spend more time banging his missus than trying bang some bloke across the head

redred
12-01-2012, 12:46 AM
i've seen them both up close was sat on a table having lunch next to them,he's very big she is very bangable their kids are a pain , it was a play ground scrap rather than a boxing match fair play to him for trying something different

Hugh_Janus
12-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Maybe he should spend more time banging his missus than trying bang some bloke across the head

:nopics:

Hugh_Janus
12-01-2012, 12:47 AM
FFS!

Leefro
12-01-2012, 02:03 AM
i've seen them both up close was sat on a table having lunch next to them,he's very big she is very bangable their kids are a pain , it was a play ground scrap rather than a boxing match fair play to him for trying something different

I have see her up close as well and I agree she is bangable

Normally you say I thought you would be taller but it works the other way in his case

Leefro
12-01-2012, 02:05 AM
:nopics:

Watch the Jacomo advert

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Time for Pacquiao to retire now...he got his ass handed to him. What a punch by Marquez.

I guess Manny has been right all along to duck Mayweather ;)

redred
12-10-2012, 05:10 PM
i think i read he wants fight 5 with Marquez :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
No, he wants fight #5 :lol:

redred
12-10-2012, 06:32 PM
the money has got to be drying up on any more fights between them 2 hasn't it?

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Nah, the Hispanics will all pay to watch Marquez whip the little Filipino's ass again.

Goofy
02-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Saw the next Floyd Mayweather at the weekend, he goes by the name Adrian Broner! Some talent........ coupled with a massive ego :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-24-2013, 12:02 PM
By Kevin Iole | Boxing

http://i.imgur.com/upW8KWK.jpg

Emile Griffith was one of the toughest guys in one of the toughest sports on Earth, a kind man who wasn't so kind in the ring. He was one of the best fighters in an era loaded with elite fighters and, despite his induction into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1990, was never given the credit he was due.

Rather, Griffith, who died Tuesday in New York at 75, will sadly best be remembered for killing rival Benny Paret in the ring during a nationally televised welterweight title fight at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Griffith and Paret had split their first two bouts, when they met on March 24, 1962 in a rubber match for Paret's belt. Before the fight, Paret taunted Griffith, using a Spanish word that is slang for homosexual. That apparently enraged Griffith.

In his Sports Illustrated account of the fight, Gilbert Rogin wrote:

As before, Paret called Griffith 'maricon,' gutter Spanish for homosexual. It is the most vulgar epithet in that violent idiom and is particularly galling to Griffith, who has a piping voice, wears extravagantly tight clothes, has designed women's hats and is, ordinarily, a charming, affectionate kid. Griffith told Benny to "shut up." Paret laid a gratuitous, slighting hand on Emile's back. "Keep your hands off me, Paret," snarled Griffith.

The fires Paret had lit in Griffith were banked as he entered the ring Saturday night, but they were not banked very deep.

In 2005, when a documentary on his life, "Ring of Fire," appeared on USA Network, Griffith discussed his sexual orientation with New York Times columnist Bob Herbert.

Herbert, who said he'd watched Griffith-Paret III on ABC as a child in 1962, wrote:

I asked Mr. Griffith if he was gay, and he told me no. But he looked as if he wanted to say more. He told me he had struggled his entire life with his sexuality, and agonized over what he could say about it. He said he knew it was impossible in the early 1960's for an athlete in an ultramacho sport like boxing to say, "Oh, yeah, I'm gay."

But after all these years, he wanted to tell the truth. He'd had relations, he said, with men and women. He no longer wanted to hide. He hoped to ride this year in New York's Gay Pride Parade.

http://i.imgur.com/b9YizlW.jpg

Griffith, who was viciously attacked by a gang of men after leaving a gay bar in New York in 1992, suffered from dementia. In a gripping 2005 piece by Gary Smith in Sports Illustrated, Griffith talks about the difficulty he had overcoming Paret's death and about his dementia.

It was a sad and sobering story of a once strong, proud man.

Get used to the smoke. Let it fill your lungs and sting your eyes. There's no getting rid of it, not in a story about Emile Griffith, not in the one American arena where the smoke just doesn't seem to dissipate. A policeman or a judge or a lawyer can openly be something other than heterosexual. A doctor or teacher or carpenter can be, along with, of course, an actor or a musician or a writer. Even executives on Wall Street now can. But a male athlete in a major sport?

The world, thankfully, is changing, and boxer Orlando Cruz announced shortly before a fight that he is gay. In October in Las Vegas, he'll fight Orlando Salido for a vacant title. Also, earlier this year, NBA player Jason Collins publicly announced he's gay.

Griffith, though, lived in a time where his sexuality would not be accepted.

But he was one of the best boxers of his time, winning welterweight and middleweight titles while compiling a record of 85-24-2, with 23 knockouts and one no contest.

He scored a number of quality wins, beating the likes of Nino Benvenuti, Dick Tiger, Bennie Briscoe, Ralph Dupas and Paret, among others.

http://i.imgur.com/hijVmiP.jpg

But, as Dan Klores, who directed the brilliant documentary about Griffith, wrote in a 2012 piece in the New York Times, he hung around too long in an unforgiving sport and paid for it. And though the 1992 mugging altered his life forever, Griffith never really had peace after Paret's death.

After Paret's death, Griffith boxed for 15 more years, but he took excessive damage, Klores wrote.

Eventually, Emile got back in the ring. He won and lost the welterweight and middleweight titles four more times. He fought way too long, even married a woman, which lasted a few months. Joe Frazier was his best man at a lavish affair at the Concord Hotel in the Catskills.

How can you possibly be the same? How can a man endure the trauma of killing another while being told that nothing had changed?

In 1992, 15 years into retirement, he walked out of a gay bar near New York’s Port Authority. Five teenage thugs, one carrying a baseball bat, decided to mug him. They never figured the tipsy old man was a six-time world champion. He fought back and lost. The brain damage, compounded by more than 200 prizefights, was severe. Even then, at 54, Emile got off the pavement, took the subway to Queens, his head battered as if a piñata, bleeding; ribs, jaw and spleen broken. His cries and moans awakened Luis, his lover and “adopted son,” asleep in their basement enclave. Startled, he yelled for Mommy to get up. They took him to Elmhurst General Hospital, where he spent the next four months.

Those who knew Griffith will never forget him.

Services are pending.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Floyd Mayweather....45 up and 45 down :cheers:

:usa:

redred
09-15-2013, 02:16 PM
:facepalm: poor goof he likes spoilers

Goofy
09-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Kev already spoiled it :P Sounds like a boring fight from what i've read anyway

KevinD
09-15-2013, 04:43 PM
I forgot about this thread, and was quite drunk when I posted in the other thread. Sorry again.
I thought the fight was very good from a technical viewpoint. Won't say anything else for now. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-19-2013, 10:29 AM
TIM DAHLBERG (AP Boxing Writer)

http://i.imgur.com/E746ZmR.jpg

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- He was the second man to beat Muhammad Ali, breaking Ali's jaw and sending him to the hospital in their 1973 heavyweight fight.

Ken Norton frustrated Ali three times in all, including their final bout at Yankee Stadium where he was sure he had beaten him once again.

Norton, who died Wednesday at the age of 70, lost that fight for the heavyweight title. But he was forever linked to Ali for the 39 rounds they fought over three fights, with very little separating one man from the other in the ring.

''Kenny was a good, good fighter. He beat a lot of guys,'' said Ed Schuyler Jr., who covered many of Norton's fights for The Associated Press. ''He gave Ali fits because Ali let him fight coming forward instead of making him back up.''

Norton is the only heavyweight champion never to win the title in the ring, and boxing fans still talk about the bruising battle he waged with Larry Holmes for the title in 1978. But it was his first fight with Ali that made the former Marine a big name and the two fights that followed that were his real legacy.

Few gave Norton, who possessed a muscular, sculpted body, much of a chance against Ali in their first meeting, held at the Sports Arena in San Diego, where Norton lived. But his awkward style and close-in pressing tactics confused Ali, who fought in pain after his jaw was broken.

''Ali tore up his ankle while training and we were going to call the fight off but didn't,'' former Ali business manager Gene Kilroy said. ''Ali said it's not going to be that tough.''

It was, with Norton breaking Ali's jaw in the early rounds and having his way with the former champion for much of the night. The loss was even more shocking because Ali had only lost to Joe Frazier in their 1971 showdown and was campaigning for the title he would win again the next year against George Foreman in Zaire.

''Norton was unorthodox,'' Kilroy said. ''Instead of jabbing from above like most fighters he would put his hand down and jab up at Ali.''

Kilroy said after the fight Norton visited Ali at the hospital where he was getting his broken jaw wired. Ali, he said, told him he was a great fighter and he never wanted to fight him again.

Ken Norton Jr., a coach with the Seattle Seahawks, confirmed his father's death to The Associated Press before handing the phone to his wife, too distraught to talk.

Norton had been in poor health for the last several years after suffering a series of strokes, Kilroy said.

''He's been fighting the battle for two years,'' he said. ''I'm sure he's in heaven now with all the great fighters. I'd like to hear that conversation.''

Norton didn't have long to celebrate his big win over Ali. They fought six months later, and Ali won a split decision.

They met for a third time on Sept. 28, 1976, at Yankee Stadium and Ali narrowly won to keep his heavyweight title.

Norton would come back the next year to win a heavyweight title eliminator and was declared champion by the World Boxing Council when Leon Spinks decided to fight Ali in a rematch instead of facing his mandatory challenger. But on June 9, 1978, he lost a brutal 15-round fight to Holmes in what many regard as one of boxing's epic heavyweight bouts and would never be champion again.

Norton finished with a record of 42-7-1 and 33 knockouts. He would later embark on an acting career, appearing in several movies, and was a commentator at fights.

Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, who visited Norton at the veteran's hospital in the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson, tweeted: ''Ken Norton was always nice to me even when I was just an amateur fighter. He always treated me like I was somebody. Remarkable man.''

Ken Norton Jr. was a linebacker for 13 years in the NFL, playing for Dallas and San Francisco, and coaches the position for the Seahawks. He and his father were estranged for a time in the 1990s before finally reconciling.

Norton always gave his father credit for his career, saying he learned how to train hard by watching him go for early morning runs when he was a child.

''It's been noted that my father and I are on speaking terms and everything's back together now,'' Norton Jr. said in 1995. ''It's part of what I do. No matter what I do, I can't get away from boxing.''

Norton, born Aug. 9, 1943, in Jacksonville, Ill., started boxing when he was in the Marines, and began his pro career after his release from duty in 1967. He lost only once in his early fights but had fought few fighters of any note when he was selected to meet Ali.

At the time, Ali was campaigning to try to win back the heavyweight crown he lost to Joe Frazier in 1973.

After that bruising first bout, they faced off two more times, including the final fight at Yankee Stadium on a night when police were on strike and many in the crowd feared for their safety. The fight went 15 rounds and Ali won a decision.

Kilroy said Ali and Norton never had any animosity toward each other and became good friends over the years. Still, Norton always thought he had won all three fights.

Norton would come back in 1977 to win an eliminator against Jimmy Young and was declared champion by the WBC when Spinks was stripped of the title.

His fight against Holmes in 1978 at Caesars Palace was his last big hurrah, with the two heavyweights going back and forth, trading huge blows inside a steamy pavilion in the hotel's back lot. The fight was still up for grabs in the 15th round and both fighters reached inside themselves to deliver one of the more memorable final rounds in heavyweight history.

When the decision was announced, two ringside judges favored Holmes by one point while the third favored Norton by a point.

Norton was badly injured in a near fatal car accident in 1986. He recovered but never regained his full physical mobility.

''The doctors said I would never walk or talk,'' Norton said at an autograph session in 2011 in Las Vegas, lifting his trademark fedora to show long surgical scars on his bald head.

Kilroy said Norton was visited at the hospital by former fighters, including Tyson, Earnie Shavers and Thomas Hearns.

Norton fought only five more times after losing his title to Holmes. His final fight came Nov. 5, 1981, when he was knocked out in the first round by Gerry Cooney at Madison Square Garden.

Information on services and other survivors was not immediately released by the family.

Goofy
03-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Watching the Ricky Burns fight, he's needing snookers, 8 rounds gone and ive only given him one round so far :(

Goofy
03-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Well, thats it, i honestly only gave Burns 2 rounds :sad2: Wonder how the judges see it.........

Goofy
03-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Pretty similar, landslide unanimous decision for Crawford.

Goofy
03-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Froch v Groves rematch gonna be at Wembley Stadium :shock: That's gonna be a helluva crowd! Kinda looking forward to it tbh, Groves got robbed in the first fight so hope he gets revenge :)

Goofy
03-04-2014, 06:23 PM
The post-WW2 record for a boxing attendance in GB is 57,000 for Hatton vs somenohoper - will blow that out of the water!

Goofy
01-14-2015, 01:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Sfi0D0X.jpg

Manny Pacquiao agrees terms for Floyd Mayweather superfight

The elusive superfight is edging closer and could take place on May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

According to Top Rank vice president Carl Moretti, the Filipino superstar has agreed with Floyd Mayweather’s terms. It has been reported that the American will get 60 per cent of the purse, and has demanded USADA drug testing to take place.

“Top Rank and Manny Pacquiao have agreed terms on our side,” Moretti told ESPN. “I don’t know about the other side.”

Pacquaio – the WBO welterweight champion – has recently indicated that he expects the fight to be signed and sealed before the end of the month.

“I think that Manny agreed to USADA testing shows you his eagerness to make this fight,” Moretti said.

The television networks who represent the fighters – Mayweather is with SHOWTIME, Pacquiao with HBO – will not stand in the way of the fight happening and both have expressed a willingness to produce a joint PPV broadcast, much like they did in 2002 when Lennox Lewis fought Mike Tyson.

RBP
01-14-2015, 04:14 PM
I was at the Tyson-Lewis fight. I have been waiting for this one a long time!! I wish they had done it when they were both younger.

Goofy
01-14-2015, 06:06 PM
I was at the Tyson-Lewis fight. I have been waiting for this one a long time!! I wish they had done it when they were both younger.
Ditto, Lance and i were talking about it earlier, the fight shouldve happened 5 or 6 years ago!

RBP
01-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Ditto, Lance and i were talking about it earlier, the fight shouldve happened 5 or 6 years ago!
:agreed:

RBP
03-08-2015, 11:26 PM
As of Wednesday night, ticket prices for the May 2 Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena were still being discussed, but hotel rates have been posted and go beyond the normal high prices at New Year’s Eve.

Hotel insiders tell me that regular rooms are being booked in a frenzy, some already with a starting price of $1,250 to $1,500 a night — and that’s without any assurance of getting a ticket to the fight itself.

When tickets actually go on sale, the demand will be extraordinary, and promoters might reset the talked-about $5,000 ringside ducat bumping up to $10,000 because there are already offers of $100,000 on the scalper market for them.

I’m reliably told that MGM Resorts hotels have locked 8,000 tickets for high rollers, which means the demand will be even wilder for the remaining 8,000.

There’s talk because of the high demand that those “whales” and gamblers coming in from around the world must have a credit line of $500,000 and up to ensure the ticket rather than the initial $100,000 discussed.

“We already have one player who has committed to play $1 million that weekend so he can purchase eight tickets at face cost,” I was told.

Even Hollywood and sports superstars will have to shell out big bucks this time instead of comps in the race for tickets.

I was warned, “Don’t be surprised if that talked-about $5,000 ticket jumps to $7,500 or even $10,000 because of the demand. We could sell 50,000 seats at those prices the way demand is looking.

“The emails, texts and pleas for tickets are overwhelming. Nobody has ever seen anything like this in Las Vegas history.”

redred
03-09-2015, 08:16 AM
think i'll be finding a free stream for this one :lol:

redred
03-28-2015, 12:36 AM
The fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will be the most expensive boxing match in UK pay-per-view history.
Sky Sports Box Office has been awarded the rights to show live coverage of the fight from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday, 2 May.
The channel will charge customers up to £24.95 to watch the bout depending on how it is booked.
Customers were charged £14.95 to watch Ricky Hatton fight Mayweather in 2007.
That fight holds the UK pay-per-view audience record with 1.2m viewers.
Sky say the bout is the highest priced boxing fight they have ever put on.
In America, cable networks Showtime and HBO are preparing to charge a record $99.95 (£65) to show the fight on pay-per-view.

redred
03-28-2015, 12:36 AM
$99.95 :shock:

RBP
03-28-2015, 02:17 AM
$99.95 :shock:

Yep. Whores. but I'll pay it like a little bitch.

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2015, 02:33 AM
I'll wait for the upload. :tup:

RBP
03-28-2015, 02:40 AM
I'll wait for the upload. :tup:

You know it will be over by then, right? :-s

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2015, 07:21 AM
You know it will be over by then, right? :-s

Yep. :yup:

Goofy
03-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Yep. Whores. but I'll pay it like a little bitch.

:lol: One of my mates was talking about the fight last night so i think a few of us are gonna go round his place for it, have a few beers and a takeaway :thumbsup: Only issue is that it'll likely be 4 or 5am start :wha:

RBP
03-28-2015, 03:55 PM
:lol: One of my mates was talking about the fight last night so i think a few of us are gonna go round his place for it, have a few beers and a takeaway :thumbsup: Only issue is that it'll likely be 4 or 5am start :wha:

Sounds fun! We were thinking about having people over also, but it'll be kind of late here too, 10:30 or 11:00 start, which is the same estimate you made.

Hal-9000
03-28-2015, 06:05 PM
I'll wait for the gif that shows little Manny pop Mayweather with a thundering right hook that drops him in the 7th round :thumbsup:

redred
03-28-2015, 06:38 PM
can see it being a 12 rounder set up a nice $$$ rematch

Goofy
04-28-2015, 06:29 AM
Not long to wait now!

RBP
04-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Manny has Keanu AND is singing is own entrance song. Mayweather has no chance now. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/a5FEFuw.png

"Jesus Christ, he's fast. Take a look at his neural kinetics, they're way above normal."

RBP
05-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Moving along... Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin (GGG), Middle weight, 33 years old, from Kazakhstan. Holds the IBO and WBA titles.

Do you know much about this guy, Goof? 32-0 as a professional, with 19 consecutive knock outs! He's never been knocked down, even in an amateur fight, in 375 fights. :shock:

He defeated Englishman Martin Murray in Monaco in February, and is fighting Willie Monroe Jr on May 16 in California.

http://i.imgur.com/3CPOJt2.jpg

Lambchop
05-03-2015, 07:04 PM
wrong thread oops

DemonGeminiX
05-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Mayweather says he'll fight one last time and then he's done.

RBP
05-04-2015, 02:35 AM
Mayweather says he'll fight one last time and then he's done.
He wants 49 to tie Marciano. It'll be a softball fight unless he gets greedy.

DemonGeminiX
05-04-2015, 03:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCVhyrgWSBY

RBP
05-04-2015, 03:53 AM

Goofy
05-04-2015, 06:48 AM
Moving along... Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin (GGG), Middle weight, 33 years old, from Kazakhstan. Holds the IBO and WBA titles.

Do you know much about this guy, Goof? 32-0 as a professional, with 19 consecutive knock outs! He's never been knocked down, even in an amateur fight, in 375 fights. :shock:

He defeated Englishman Martin Murray in Monaco in February, and is fighting Willie Monroe Jr on May 16 in California.

http://i.imgur.com/3CPOJt2.jpg

Seen him a few times now, he's a beast! There's no one in the MW division that stands a chance of beating him tbh........ a few good fights for him at super-mid though!

FBD
05-04-2015, 10:35 AM

DemonGeminiX
08-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Hahaha! Correia told Rousey not to cry the day before the fight. Rousey comes in and knocks Correia's trash talking ass out in 34 seconds. Rousey tells Correia not to cry as she walks away.

RBP
08-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Hahaha! Correia told Rousey not to cry the day before the fight. Rousey comes in and knocks Correia's trash talking ass out in 34 seconds. Rousey tells Correia not to cry as she walks away.

She Correia really shit her pants or was that just a rumor? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
08-03-2015, 12:13 AM
Articles are saying that's just a rumor.

RBP
08-03-2015, 01:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FcuVnIk.jpg

deebakes
08-03-2015, 01:25 AM
:rofl:

deebakes
08-03-2015, 01:25 AM
looks legit :puke:

DemonGeminiX
08-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Those photoshoppers are wizards.

deebakes
08-03-2015, 01:53 AM
:lolwut:

DemonGeminiX
08-03-2015, 02:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uikOjxX.jpg

If Correia had really shit herself, it would've been pretty evident here.

deebakes
08-03-2015, 02:05 AM
she was out cold there, maybe it happened shortly after that :nono:

deebakes
08-03-2015, 02:07 AM

DemonGeminiX
08-03-2015, 02:11 AM
I'm telling you, it never happened.

http://www.bigplay.com/did-ronda-rouseys-ko-punch-make-bethe-correia-poop-her-pants/

http://fansided.com/2015/08/02/ufc-190-no-bethe-correia-did-not-sh-t-herself/

The original image is in the second link.

deebakes
08-03-2015, 02:16 AM
i know :lol:

RBP
08-03-2015, 03:52 AM
I'm telling you, it never happened.

http://www.bigplay.com/did-ronda-rouseys-ko-punch-make-bethe-correia-poop-her-pants/

http://fansided.com/2015/08/02/ufc-190-no-bethe-correia-did-not-sh-t-herself/

The original image is in the second link.

Still funny :lol:

DemonGeminiX
08-03-2015, 05:44 AM
Yeah it is. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2015, 01:42 PM
By By Brandon Wise - CBS Sports

1) Rousey can't be stopped

There is no woman who can compete with Rousey right now in the UFC. It is not even close. This was the fifth top-ranked challenger to take on Rousey and only one of them has even made it out of the first round. Her last three fights have lasted a total of one minute and six seconds combined. That is unheard of anywhere besides illegal street fighting.

2) How much is enough?

Rousey will take on Miesha Tate (the only to take her past one round) for a third time as her next challenger. This shows just how tough it is becoming to find Rousey solid competition. Challengers are becoming harder and harder to come by, which leads one to question: How much longer does she need to keep competing? If there is not another strong challenger after she takes on Tate, I'd say there is nothing left to prove for her.

3) Poor card

Rousey's performance salvaged an awful card for Dana White and the UFC. Five of the six undercard fights went the distance and the other finished with 20 seconds left in the third and final round. Besides the Mauricio Rua/Minotauro Nogueira fight, the rest of the competition was thoroughly uninteresting. It is disappointing after the tremendous showing at UFC 189. It is tough to keep fans interested when most of the fighters are just protecting themselves and not looking to land any knockout blows.

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Uh, oh. Floyd Mayweather's been accused of doping up to his match against Manny P. Now Manny's demanding Floyd be punished and demanding a rematch.

redred
09-11-2015, 02:38 PM
:roll: why can't he just accept he got beat

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Yeah, pretty sure that they both took drug tests before the fight.

Goofy
09-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Is it tomorrow night that Floyd's beating that Berto fella? :-k