PDA

View Full Version : Target: Transgender customers can use restroom that matches their gender identity

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2016, 12:06 PM
CNNMoney

http://i.imgur.com/3avJAn9.jpg

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — Target said Tuesday that transgender customers at its stores are welcome to use the bathroom that matches their gender identity, the latest corporate reaction to a wave of legislation seen by critics as anti-LGBT.

“We welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity,” the retailer said. “Everyone deserves to feel like they belong.”

State legislatures around the U.S. have in recent months debated proposals that would force individuals to use the bathroom that corresponds with the sex listed on their birth certificate.

The governor of North Carolina signed such a bill in late March. Mississippi has passed a related law that critics say allows discrimination against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.

In Minnesota, where Target is headquartered, a Republican state senator has proposed a bill that would restrict access to restrooms, locker rooms and dressing rooms based on the “biological sex” of individuals.

Many major corporations are fighting against the “bathroom laws,” saying they discriminate against both employees and customers.

In a statement, Target said that it had considered how the legislation could affect its business, guests and team members.

“Given the specific questions these legislative proposals raised about how we manage our fitting rooms and restrooms, we felt it was important to state our position,” the company said.

Reactions to Target’s announcement were mixed.

“That means I won’t be using your bathrooms or dressing rooms in the future,” said one commenter from Indianapolis. “May have to rethink some other things too.”

“Thank you, Target!” said another customer.

Griffin
04-21-2016, 12:10 PM
I don't care what you think you are, if you have a cock stay out of the room my granddaughters use unless you want me in there guarding them with my .45.

Goofy
04-21-2016, 12:17 PM
I identify as an aardvark, they better have a toilet for me or i'll sue them [-(

Pony
04-21-2016, 04:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHt7EBCgJnI

fricnjay
04-21-2016, 04:09 PM
What about my 8 year old little girl. She has the right to not see a dude dressed as a chick pissing with a dick in her bathroom!!! :rant:

Muddy
04-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Need a third bathroom... That simple.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2016, 04:31 PM
When I'm at Target from now on and I see a hot chick go into the bathroom, I'm going to gender identify as a female for a few minutes :shifty:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Need a third bathroom... That simple.

Or, you know, they can actually go use that bathroom that corresponds with the hardware they were born with :dunno:

allsmiles
04-21-2016, 05:04 PM
I don't care what you think you are, if you have a cock stay out of the room my granddaughters use unless you want me in there guarding them with my .45.

I agree. Though I respect the rights of those who identify as transgender, I think letting anyone use whatever bathroom they want to opens the door for predators, of either gender, to have unquestioned access to their victims. It just makes it too easy. A predator can dress up as the opposite gender and claim to be transgender and no one will question them going into either restroom. Not sure we are ready for this yet.

Muddy
04-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Or, you know, they can actually go use that bathroom that corresponds with the hardware they were born with :dunno:

Yeah, but people that are full on transgender will look like they are using the wrong bathroom still... Maybe just a bathroom with nothing on the door or something. Or stalls in it with locks.