View Full Version : Mum stuffed tissue into her baby's mouth and sent a photo of the tot captioned "Dead", court told

redred
04-22-2016, 11:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UspT0hw.jpg

A mum sent a disturbing picture of her baby girl and the word 'dead' and another shot of the tot's mouth filled with paper when her ex-partner found a new girlfriend, a court heard.

Kerry Elvin had daughter Akira with Paul Robinson.

But when she and Mr Robinson split she was upset about his new relationship with girlfriend Gemma Cowie.

As a result Elvin sent Miss Cowie a photo of six-month-old Akira, with the word "Dead" written on a phone next to her.

She also sent a picture of the tot with tissue paper stuffed into her mouth.

Elvin, 24, of Mantle Close, Clevedon, pleaded guilty to child cruelty in April last year.

The Recorder of Bristol His Honour Judge Neil Ford QC handed her 12 months prison, suspended for two years, with a rehabilitation requirement.

The judge told Elvin: "You, Mr Robinson and Miss Cowie were in open warfare through social media.

"One device which you adopted was to send images of Akira with inappropriate, tasteless and upsetting captions such as 'Dead'.

"You indicated you were abusing her to follow social activities."

Elvin hid her face as she left court and declined to comment.

Kenneth Bell, prosecuting, told the court Elvin was upset when Mr Robinson formed a relationship with Miss Cowie.

Elvin began sending her numerous text messages, the court heard.

One of the messages showed a photo of Akira, next to a mobile phone, with the word "Dead" on the phone.

Mr Bell said: "Miss Elvin sent messages such as 'I go to parties. I leave her alone in the hotel.'

"At the time Miss Elvin was living in a Premier Inn."

Another message read "I hope you can all make it to the funeral", before moments later Elvin sent a photo of the baby with toilet paper stuffed in her mouth.

Mr Bell told the judge: "Although the messages and photos were sent by the defendant, there has been other information about the case on social media for which the defendant is not responsible."

The court heard Elvin had a previous conviction last year for assault and threatening behaviour.

Catherine Spedding, defending, said: "It is a sad case both for her, her daughter and her ex-partner and his new partner.

"She foolishly did what she did in terms of taking these photographs of a young child with tissue in its mouth. She has had to move away. This is a vulnerable young lady and there are fears for her mental wellbeing from others and herself."

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Mum-stuffed-tissue-baby-s-mouth-sent-photo-tot/story-29152843-detail/story.html#ixzz46bG1ateh
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

deebakes
04-23-2016, 12:13 AM
:ffs: