PDA

View Full Version : Parents charged after ferret chews off baby's fingers

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2011, 10:03 PM
By Kevin Murphy

KANSAS CITY, Mo (Reuters) – A Missouri couple was charged on Wednesday with endangering the welfare of child after a pet ferret allegedly chewed off most of their four-month-old son's fingers while he was left home alone.

Ryan R. Waldo, 33, and Carrie R. Waldo, 25, were each charged in Jackson County on Wednesday and have not yet entered a plea, said Van Buckley, public information officer for the county prosecutor, Jean Peters Baker.

Documents filed as part of the charges state that the Waldos told police they were asleep when the ferret attack occurred on January 10 in their home in Grain Valley, Missouri. The couple said they awoke to find the boy screaming and bloody and that Ryan Waldo threw the ferret against the dishwasher, killing it.

The infant was taken to the hospital, where seven fingers were amputated because they had been chewed down to the knuckles, the charges state.

Grain Valley police investigated cell phone records and used GPS technology to determine that the Waldos were exchanging text messages from various locations at the time of the ferret attack, when they had said they were at home, court documents show.

The Waldos told investigators the ferret had never bitten anyone, but a person with a ferret rescue organization told their landlord the couple wanted to give up the animal because it had bitten the infant twice, documents allege.

Ryan and Carrie Waldo face one felony count each of endangering the welfare of a child. Their infant son and a sibling have been removed from the parents' custody while the case proceeds, according to Buckley.

AntZ
06-15-2011, 10:19 PM
There is nothing that enrages me more, then when I see people obsessed with their stupid fucking pets, then bring a baby into the seen and expect dumb animals with predatory or survival instincts to not hurt the children! I have read so many stories like this over the last several years.

Just the other night, my wife was watching one of those Discovery Channel Baby/ New Parent shows. The assholes had two big high strung Alaskan Huskies running free in the house. The baby is crying in the crib and one of the dogs was crying and trying to sort of jump up to look in, the idiot mother says that she thinks the dog just loves the new baby!

W.T.F! I told my wife, those parents are such stupid shits! That fucking dog would tear the throat out of that baby if given the chance, it doesn't want to kiss the crying baby, it will kill it out of instinct as a threat. As it's happened so many times before! Dogs, snakes, ferrets, they can and will do harm to a baby!

MrsM
06-15-2011, 11:37 PM
WTF

Muddy
06-16-2011, 12:05 AM
You know what man... wtf... *shakes head*

deebakes
06-16-2011, 12:14 AM
http://inplaceofrealinsight.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/wheres_waldo_3851.jpg

Foxdana
06-16-2011, 12:28 AM
http://inplaceofrealinsight.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/wheres_waldo_3851.jpg

I thought the same thing! Where's the Waldos while the ferret eats the baby. Disgusting parenting (term used very loosely).

deebakes
06-16-2011, 01:12 AM
i heart foxdana :oops: