PDA

View Full Version : Police shoot Baltimore teen with replica semi-automatic pistol

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2016, 11:04 AM
FOX News

City police shot and injured a 13-year old Baltimore boy Wednesday as he fled carrying a semi-automatic pistol, FoxBaltimore reported.

The teenager was approached by the officers on Baltimore Street, east of the Inner Harbor area, around 4 p.m. after they noticed him carrying what appeared to be a semi-automatic firearm, law enforcement officers told the station.

The boy then fled “a good 150 yards and had every opportunity to drop the gun,” Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said. The officers then fired at the teen, who was later being treated at a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

The boy’s mother was being questioned by authorities following the incident. “I know that the mom knew” that the boy went out with the replica firearm, Davis said.

“I don’t know why that young man chose to flee,” he added.

Davis told the Baltimore Sun he had “no reason to believe” the officers acted inappropriately, adding that they had no idea whether the gun was real or a replica.

An event featuring Democratic Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, marking the one-year anniversary of the Freddie Gray riots, was taking place across town at the time of the incident.

“Police officers don’t take days off,” Davis told the Sun, regarding the coincidental timing.

The boy and his mother were not immediately identified.

redred
04-28-2016, 11:16 AM
He lived :woot: move along nothing to see here

fricnjay
04-28-2016, 01:38 PM
You know it occurs to me that if parents of kids in these types of neighborhoods actually policed their children as parents should do there would not be a precedent set where 13 year old boys run with gangs and carry fire arms and incidents like this may not have to happen. :-k

FBD
04-28-2016, 01:48 PM
what were we saying about shooting people in the back?

what in the frig makes it ok for the police to have shot this kid in the back? he ran 150 yards then they shot him in the back? :facepalm:

no mention if the replica had an orange tip on it or not.

oh right, back to the whole protected class can murder the non protected class with no repercussions thing....

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Davis told the Baltimore Sun he had “no reason to believe” the officers acted inappropriately, adding that they had no idea whether the gun was real or a replica.

I'm guessing the kid altered the toy and painted over/removed the orange tip that is supposed to be on all toy guns so that LEO's can tell them apart from real guns.

FBD
04-28-2016, 01:51 PM
I think you know darn well that would be a trumped up point if that were the case...