PDA

View Full Version : My city is burning...

Godfather
06-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Just wanted to vent my rage. My city, one supposed to be amongst the best and most beautiful in the world, has lost face. We were having a blast and being peacful and loving during the Olympics just months ago. Enjoying the Canucks successes and failures as adults these past weeks

But tonight a small section of young fuckers are looting, burning and rioting. Police cars are on fire. People have been stabbed. Businesses have been pillaged

This city is disgusted. Embarrassed. Furious. Humiliated. Facebook is alight with friends venting their anger at what is going on by hoodlums. We are all heartbroken. No true Canucks fan would participate in this nonsense. The Canucks Organization and Mayor of Vancouver have stated their disappointment. Even news anchors cannot contain their anger that this is happening.

I'm especially pissed because two of my girl friends were harassed by jumpy cops (understandably.) Another of my friends, a Boston fan, narrowly escaped being hurt trying to go home. And my girlfriend is trapped at a friend's condo overnight because the tear-gas and violence isn't worth trying to get through.

If you want something to rant about... move to Egypt or Libya.

So........ I know there aren't any other Vancouverites here other than Noilly to spread the word on. But a cleanup is being organized tonight by the good citizens of Vancouver for tomorrow morning. We are going to volunteer our time to help clean up the mess that a small group of bastards is creating. This mess will not be ignored by the good people of this city :thumbsup:

Secondly, a website has been set up to link pictures from Twitter and Facebook where we will attempt to tag looters and have them convicted for their crimes. If you by chance know any youngsters who may be participating, please help identify these criminals. http://vancityriotcriminals.tumblr.com/ :thumbsup:

Anyways. Sorry to the rest of Canada and the hockey world for looking like jackasses. We'll do what we can to pick ourselves back up and prove it's the few bad apples but they will not ruin it for the rest.

Congrats again to Lance and all Bruins fans.

/rant

AntZ
06-16-2011, 06:46 AM
This is a relatively new thing! I don't remember shit like this when I was young. Los Angeles has had a long history of teams winning big and losing big! Only in about the last 15 to 20 years, cities all around the country and Canada catch fire no matter if they win or lose. The Lakers and Dodgers won championships in the 80's and there was nothing but clean celebrations. When the Lakers won again in 2000, there was that huge riot at the Staple Center that spread out across down town. And like every other city, it has been repeated in some form ever since.

It's all part of the bigger problem, people have less and less restraint and respect for people and property. Just a damn shame!

golfer
06-16-2011, 06:50 AM
lol welcome to Los Angeles... where fans are fans only when they win and when they do win they burn down the city to show how proud they are of a team and players who are only in it for the money...

Godfather
06-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Miserable. This city lost so much more than a championship tonight. Can't explain it. I'm heartbroken. 99% of this city is heartbroken

This was really unexpected by most. Even the police who worked so hard to learn from our last riot 17 years ago didn't expect a riot. This city and the fan base have really grown up it seemed. The Canucks are much more White-Collar and corporate than they used to be. The NHL is a less underground league than years ago. Which is why this is just more shocking.

But the interest here was humongous. We had 100-120,000 people downtown -many young, many drunk. And even if 1/1000 are bad apples you're in trouble when things go sour with crowds like that. A small group of hooligans were probably going to cause trouble win or lose :(

Godfather
06-16-2011, 07:01 AM
What scares me is that there were people were jerry-cans pouring gasoline on cars right after the game. :wha: How long had they planned this shit?

Turned from something that was at best going to be pure joy, and at worse should have just been a little depression - into hell on earth. Not we have no dignity.

I could cry...

DemonGeminiX
06-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Man, I'm sorry bro. That's terrible. I hope things get under control quickly and people are safe.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2011, 10:48 AM
That's awful GF....it's true that just a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. We all know this isn't representative of the vast majority of Vancouverites. Be safe my friend.

Softdreamer
06-16-2011, 10:55 AM
There will always be the few that thrive on destruction, Ironically I believe that these same people would have been passionate artisans if their lives had gone down a different path. In modern cities the population is condensed and this sort of thing happens more and more.

Moving to an underpopulated area merely decreases the chances of it happening, But eventually the ugly side of expressionism rears its head.

Deep down inside us all there is a dark side, that can be pushed in any direction. You only have to see 3 men lighting a BBQ to understand how close we are to chaos.

Yt Trash
06-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Well at the very least, Miami didn't burn when we lost they NBA finals! :poke:

Goofy
06-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Just seeing this on sky sports news right now :shock:

Goofy
06-16-2011, 11:34 AM
It's all part of the bigger problem, people have less and less restraint and respect for people and property. Just a damn shame!

My thoughts entirely :thumbsup:

Wyeast
06-16-2011, 01:27 PM
There will always be the few that thrive on destruction,
Not only that, but there are those that thrive on being literally dicks to their fellow human beings. Any excuse. Those are the ones who brought jerry cans to the game.

MrsM
06-16-2011, 01:47 PM
One thing that I saw last night in the news footage that bugged me was the people that were gathering around to watch and take pictures of the riot. If these people who were not doing the damage just left then the few that were causing the damage would stand out. Instead they were hidden in these big crowds and were able to get away with crap.

GF - I know how passionate you are of Vancouver and I think the planned cleanup will show how great the true people of Vancouver are. However I doubt this will make worldwide news like the riot.

This makes me angry and I hope many people are tagged in the pics and get what they deserve.

Wyeast
06-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Goddamn Youtube punks. ;)

Muddy
06-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Jesus GF....

Softdreamer
06-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Bring on Big Brother.. facial recognition and tracking peoples movements through CCTV should mean nothing goes unpunished.
In this day and age its possible.

Some people seem opposed to a Nanny state, or infringements on freedom. But if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to lose. There is no greater infringement on oneself than being made a victim.

Wyeast
06-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Well now you're just impeding my ability to streak. :oops: :lol:

Softdreamer
06-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Surely thats a win win situation..

Noilly Pratt
06-16-2011, 03:26 PM
I hear you GF, and am equally ashamed. The hockey games were hard fought, the best team won and deserved to hoist the Stanley Cup up over their heads and be proud. And kudos to the Vancouver Canucks for making it this far.

And I can't think of any other goalie I've ever seen who deserved the Conn Smythe trophy (think I've got the right trophy!) more than Thomas. He played incredibly and consistently. To think -- he was only in the NHL since he turned 30.

But the organized thugs outside were ready to capitalize on the situation. I know my 1 nephew who left just at the 2nd period from downtown because the mood of the main plaza they'd set up to watch the game take place was turning dark even back then. People dressed in black were talking of their strategies of where they were going to "when we lost". He reported it to a policeman he saw and he said "I'm not surprised, thanks." and reported it on.

I watched it all on TV before going to sleep and felt ashamed, knowing that the world was watching.

But, these yahoos are idiotic if they think that they weren't filmed...100s of eyes were watching. I know for a fact that there have been cameras set up for just this purpose -- 5 years ago! I worked for a firm that wired up these cameras. So, I hope the instigators and the agitators are brought to justice and given more than just a slap on the wrist.

Noilly Pratt
06-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I'll call my Vancouver friends and let them know of the cleanup....thanks GF!

PorkChopSandwiches
06-16-2011, 03:37 PM
you canadians are fuckin psycho, I'm scared to visit now :lol:

MrsM
06-16-2011, 03:42 PM

We are really peaceful people :beatdown:

Once you get to know us (or we get to know you ) :shifty::canada:

Noilly Pratt
06-16-2011, 03:52 PM

NO, WE'RE NOT!!

:mrgreen:

Getting to knoooooow youuuu.....gettting to know alllll abouuuuut youuuuuu.....

:D

less :beatdown: , more :slap:

In the immortal words of Michael Jackson - "I'm a lover not a fighter" :)

PorkChopSandwiches
06-16-2011, 03:53 PM

:lol: I'm out in LA, its almost normal over here. :dance:

Hal-9000
06-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Same feelings over here GF :(

and the saddest part is that they expected worse if Vancouver won....wtf is happening with our world? Celebrate, don't desecrate your city.

Joebob034
06-16-2011, 03:57 PM

Yeah really, I think I'll stay here in safe and sound Detroit.

Godfather
06-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Bring on Big Brother.. facial recognition and tracking peoples movements through CCTV should mean nothing goes unpunished.
In this day and age its possible.

I totally agree in this circumstance. I'd happily call out anyone I knew to the police and humiliate them on Facebook.

But the organized thugs outside were ready to capitalize on the situation. I know my 1 nephew who left just at the 2nd period from downtown because the mood of the main plaza they'd set up to watch the game take place was turning dark even back then. People dressed in black were talking of their strategies of where they were going to "when we lost". He reported it to a policeman he saw and he said "I'm not surprised, thanks." and reported it on.

That's what I was hearing too. Very scary. Sounds like a similar group of thugs who caused all the damage at the G8 Summit in Ontario not too long ago :wha: Maybe I'm wrong, but that's almost terrorism isn't it? Planning a riot, win or lose, bringing black clothing, gas-masks, gasoline....

AntZ
06-16-2011, 04:06 PM

Ahhh... I wouldn't be quoting the Gloved One! Those words were written with 12 year old boys in mind! :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2011, 04:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Kz3L5.jpg

Front page at Yahoo! Sports

Softdreamer
06-16-2011, 04:13 PM

Isnt that what he said to Mac Culkin when he wanted to play Mortal Combat?

Godfather
06-16-2011, 04:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Kz3L5.jpg

Front page at Yahoo! Sports

Wow.

Hey is that dumb kid with the jersey on the same person in the article on the right? Amir Khan?!?!? :lol:

Hal-9000
06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
06-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Isnt that what he said to Mac Culkin when he wanted to play Mortal Combat?

:lol:

MrsM
06-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Wow.

Hey is that dumb kid with the jersey on the same person in the article on the right? Amir Khan?!?!? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjd7L6txGLk&feature=related

Hal-9000
06-16-2011, 04:27 PM
just copy your link and then hit the little filmstrip thingy above when you're making the post....you can paste your link in there MrsM :thumbsup:

MrsM
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
just copy your link and then hit the little filmstrip thingy above when you're making the post....you can paste your link in there MrsM :thumbsup:

Thanks Hal :hug:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Yeah really, I think I'll stay here in safe and sound Detroit.

Hahahahaha :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Pics from the riot. LSFW

http://i55.tinypic.com/n2ho53.png

http://i53.tinypic.com/2mfyqrp.png

MrsM
06-16-2011, 05:18 PM
The first one is actually a pretty cool pic :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I think the second is just a zoom in on the first

Muddy
06-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Pics from the riot. LSFW

She's fine.. I may have had to fuck her right there as welll. :lol:

MrsM
06-16-2011, 05:54 PM

:slap: I knew that - just the zoom up her dress took away from the artistic nature of the pic - hence I only liked the 1st one

AntZ
06-16-2011, 05:55 PM

They sure look like fakes!

There is no way cops would let them make out in the exclusion zone they had just created. Then the zoom shot seems to have no pixelation, and looks more like animation.

Hal-9000
06-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I'd say fake too...riot police won't let people make out in front of them :lol:

although that dude on the ground is GF!!!!!!! :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Nearly 150 hurt in Vancouver riot following loss
By JEREMY HAINSWORTH, Associated Press

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP)—Almost 150 people required hospital treatment overnight as rioters swept through downtown Vancouver following a Canucks loss to the Boston Bruins in the decisive Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

Vancouver Coastal Health spokeswoman Anna Marie D’Angelo said Thursday three stabbing victims have been admitted and an unidentified man is in critical condition with head injuries after a fall.

She said most of the rioting victims were treated at St. Paul’s Hospital in downtown Vancouver, while about 40, including the stabbing cases and the head injury patient, were being treated at Vancouver General Hospital.

Rioting and looting left cars burned, stores in shambles and windows shattered over a roughly ten block radius of the city’s main shopping district.

Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson said “organized hoodlums bent on creating chaos incited the riot” and noted the city proved with the 2010 Winter Olympics that it could hold peaceful gatherings. A local business leader estimated more than 50 businesses have been damaged.

“They were here to make trouble and they succeeded,” Robertson said.

Vancouver Police Chief Jim Chu has called a news conference for later Thursday.

Vancouver city councilor Suzanne Anton said the rioting has shaken the city and overshadowed the hockey team’s playoff run.

“I would never have believed that Vancouver would be a city where there would be looting,” Anton said. “I just feel such a profound sense of disappointment. We like to think we live in paradise here in Vancouver. It’s hard to imagine here.”

It was similar to the scene that erupted in the city in 1994 following the Canucks’ Game 7 loss to the New York Rangers.

Anton said there was no loss of life or police brutality in this latest incident. She said dozens of volunteers patrolled the city’s entertainment strip on Thursday, picking up debris and garbage.

One of the volunteers, Al Cyrenne, carried his broom downtown to clean up the damage.

“I’m all choked up,” he said, as he surveyed broken windows and debris on a downtown street.

“I can’t believe the scene. Just talking about it bring me to tears. I can’t believe the people of Vancouver would do this. It’s just a few idiots.”

While police said it was mostly young thugs responsible for the mayhem overnight, an equally young crew turned up in jeans and rubber gloves, some with Canucks jerseys, all carrying plastic garbage bags.

Dozens of remorseful and dismayed commuters crowded around the smashed and plywood covered display windows at the flagship Bay store, a historical building that was the first focus of rampaging looters Wednesday night.

Someone had tacked a rough, hand-painted sign that read: “On behalf of my team and my city, I am sorry.” People waited in line to sign it.

Across the street at London Drugs, the windows were also smashed.

Wynn Powell, the president and CEO of London Drugs, estimated the damage there at $1 million alone.

Powell, sounding angry, said the looting wasn’t the random consequence of a mob mentality.

“The rioters attacked us for two hours before they got into the store. They were down attacking the stores of Vancouver to try to steal product.”

TV footage showed a man being beaten after he tried to stop looters from smashing windows at the Bay department store.

Looters were seen grabbing T-shirts and anything else they could get their hands on. Young women were seen escaping with MAC cosmetics, with one carrying out part of a mannequin. The landmark building was filling with smoke as people, their faces covered in bandannas, continued the violence.

The looters turned their attention next on a Future Shop store a few blocks away, smashing windows and flooding up the stairs to the second-floor store, only to turn around quickly. One witness said police were at the top of the stairs.

Sears and Chapters stores were also looted, their glass fronts smashed. For many, the ugly chaos made the Cup loss an afterthought.

“What I’ve seen is a complete disgrace,” said Beth Hope, 28, who is originally from England but has lived in Vancouver for two years. “I’m a Canucks fan, but my jersey’s in my bag. I’m ashamed to be a fan right now.”

Hope said she saw a parking structure on fire and cars ablaze.

“It’s insane, it’s absolutely insane,” she said. “What’s the point? Our team lost. Why destroy your own city? I’m afraid.”

NBA star Steve Nash, from nearby Victoria and the brother-in-law of Canucks forward Manny Malhotra, sent a Twitter message imploring the fans to stop the violence. “We’re a great city and have a lot of class. Our team is great and our championship will come. Soon,” Nash wrote.

Some seemed to revel in the rampage, recording the vandalism on cell phones and video cameras. A few congratulated those who tried to attack police, and others erupted with cheers every time something was damaged.

:wha:

Hugh_Janus
06-16-2011, 06:15 PM
holy shit.... look at this retard :facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR8rpXsuy6E

Hal-9000
06-16-2011, 06:17 PM
my sister went down there last night in honor of her son who died...he was a huge Luongo fan and a goalie

I hope she didn't get caught up in any of that crap :|

PorkChopSandwiches
06-16-2011, 06:20 PM

too bad he didnt catch :lol:

Hal-9000
06-16-2011, 06:31 PM
this is one time I wish the riot police would march in a line like in Britain...tap their shields in cadence and then use the batons like weed wackers
and let those morons know what they're doing is against the law and punishable....

AntZ
06-16-2011, 06:42 PM

What's with that? Start a fire and then jump through it? Not the dickhead that fell, but the second guy! Every time you see riot fires, they line up and jump over the fire. Do they think this is some sort of manly expression of power and victory? :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3YE12NC-8I

Hal-9000
06-16-2011, 07:00 PM
and the poor guy with the Beamer probably did the right thing last night by calling a cab because he had too much to drink and left his car there :(

golfer
06-16-2011, 07:13 PM
:lol: I'm out in LA, its almost normal over here. :dance:

But the city is ready to burn down at a moments notice.. just need a semi reasonable excuse to start the torching and :beatdown:

Noilly Pratt
06-16-2011, 07:42 PM
my sister went down there last night in honor of her son who died...he was a huge Luongo fan and a goalie

I hope she didn't get caught up in any of that crap :|

Hopefully, like my nephew, she left a little early. Even in the middle of Period #2 my nephew said the yahoos who were there to get drunk and shove and fight were quickly outnumbering the families that were there just watching the big screen.

this is one time I wish the riot police would march in a line like in Britain...tap their shields in cadence and then use the batons like weed wackers
and let those morons know what they're doing is against the law and punishable....

Actually, before I turned off the TV and went to bed (midnight) they said they would be escalating and showed just that...lines of them tapping their shields, and the reporter saying "we've been asked to get inside as the VPD (Vancouver Police Department) will be escalating their efforts to contain the rioters." I believe the riot act was 'read' to them... :D

At least it's heartening to see on the news all the volunteers in Canucks jerseys helping with the cleanup and on the Bay's boarded up windows 1000's of "thank you VPD" and such messages from real Vancouverites.

Here's the level of intellect we're dealing with...confirmed that this is a real person and this is his Facebook....

http://backofthebook.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/brock-anton_facebook-page1.jpg

Hal-9000
06-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Noilly that Facebook entry typifies the mentality

not proud to be a Canadian today...:sad2:

Softdreamer
06-16-2011, 10:32 PM
not proud to be a Canadian today...:sad2:

You're Canadian??

Godfather
06-17-2011, 12:54 AM
They arrested that Brock Anton bastard :thumbsup:

Hope they throw him in the can and fine him $50,000. Who brags about being a fucking asshole on Facebook?

Weiners man. All of them

A few million dollars in damage. A billion dollars in bad publicity

Teh One Who Knocks
06-17-2011, 01:12 AM
That's awesome news GF :thumbsup:

Hopefully they keep rounding them up :tup:

Southern Belle
06-17-2011, 01:15 AM
I thought about GF when I heard it on the news this morning. What a mess. Over a hockey game.

deebakes
06-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Crazy shit...

deebakes
06-17-2011, 03:41 AM
Holy shit (pictures from the riot)

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/

some of them:
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot42.jpg?w=940&h=628
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot41.jpg?w=940&h=726
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot39.jpg?w=940&h=1018
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot38.jpg?w=940&h=630
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot36.jpg?w=940&h=705
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot33.jpg?w=940&h=721
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot31.jpg?w=940&h=810
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot30.jpg?w=940&h=1331
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot29.jpg?w=940&h=622
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot26.jpg?w=940&h=684
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot24.jpg?w=940&h=583
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot19.jpg?w=940&h=596
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot18.jpg?w=940&h=574
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot16.jpg?w=940&h=718
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot15.jpg?w=940&h=657
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot10.jpg?w=940&h=839
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot5.jpg?w=940&h=1046
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot3.jpg?w=940&h=626
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot2.jpg?w=940&h=1411
http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot35.jpg?w=940&h=762

Godfather
06-17-2011, 04:08 AM
There is now an "Apology Wall" down town that has formed quickly from the grassroots. :thumbsup: Hundreds of people have come out to write on the boarded planks covering the Hudson Bay Company building, and apologize, promise never again and share their anger at what a few twats did to their city last night

It has been really interesting to see the Jekyll and Hyde in this city. Gotta say I'm pumped to see how strong the positive response has been today. People were scrubbing and sweeping for hours.

It was a terrible night, and the rest of the world now thinks we're idiots... but something good has been made out of something awful.

Arkady Renko
06-17-2011, 10:04 AM
make love not war...

Arkady Renko
06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
seriously though, it seems that there are loads of people who are just waiting for any excuse to pick a fight, and when there's a large, nationally or even globally televised event such as a G8 summit or a WTO conference it's a field day for those retarded barbarians. I think they should all be deported to labour camps in siberia and be made to dig for coal or iron ore with their bare hands.

Softdreamer
06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
I have to say.. all of the perpetrators in the riot pictures are males ages 16-30.

May I suggest that males of this age be shot at birth.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Found a positive picture today :tup:

http://i.imgur.com/h45CLl.jpg

Noilly Pratt
06-17-2011, 03:00 PM
I just hope we can close this awful chapter in Vancouver's history soon.

Yes, the police could have been more prepared, but let the analysts do all their analyzing and we'll learn from this. And hopefully this doesn't stop us from having public gatherings in our beautiful city, like the last time we had a riot over the Stanley Cup years ago and then for a while we were called the "no fun" city.

Softdreamer said

I have to say.. all of the perpetrators in the riot pictures are males ages 16-30.

For those who were 16-18 -- I think the parents need to take some responsibility here. If the few dozen goons who started this riot didn't have so many 1000 drunken gawkers with cameras and cell phones, they may not have escalated this situation to the heights it got to...

Godfather
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM

How do you shoot males 16-30 at birth :-k

Better call Doc Brown

Hal-9000
06-17-2011, 05:18 PM
There is now an "Apology Wall" down town that has formed quickly from the grassroots. :thumbsup: Hundreds of people have come out to write on the boarded planks covering the Hudson Bay Company building, and apologize, promise never again and share their anger at what a few twats did to their city last night

It has been really interesting to see the Jekyll and Hyde in this city. Gotta say I'm pumped to see how strong the positive response has been today. People were scrubbing and sweeping for hours.

It was a terrible night, and the rest of the world now thinks we're idiots... but something good has been made out of something awful.

As you mentioned, that Facebook twat has been cornered...and on the front page of our Sun today in an 80 point banner - 'IDIOTS'

No one thinks this is cool, I'm glad to see the others who volunteered to clean up/board up and write messages of hope.That's what Vancouver is really aboot, eh...

Godfather
06-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Interesting article on the kissing couple :lol:

Wasn't staged... guy was just comforting the girl after she got hit.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/06/17/vancouver-riot-kissing-couple-eyewitness.html

RBP
06-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Interesting article on the kissing couple :lol:

Wasn't staged... guy was just comforting the girl after she got hit.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/06/17/vancouver-riot-kissing-couple-eyewitness.html

Saw that earlier... nice story for a cool picture.

Godfather
06-18-2011, 01:22 AM
As you mentioned, that Facebook twat has been cornered...and on the front page of our Sun today in an 80 point banner - 'IDIOTS'

No one thinks this is cool, I'm glad to see the others who volunteered to clean up/board up and write messages of hope.That's what Vancouver is really aboot, eh...

The pressure to catch these assholes is overwhelming.

6 people turned themselves in today alone.

deebakes
06-18-2011, 02:19 AM
go mounties go :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-18-2011, 02:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6Nhzq.jpg

RBP
06-18-2011, 03:21 PM
she's trashy. :hand:

deebakes
06-18-2011, 03:38 PM
she's trashy. :hand:

:hitit:

Goofy
06-18-2011, 03:44 PM
:hitit:

http://i53.tinypic.com/yidmu.gif

Hugh_Janus
06-19-2011, 01:22 AM
I fuckin raged! :x

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n6OXzg8Ia8

Godfather
06-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Hahahahahh best video yet.

From Asia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LBxFmixh70&feature=player_embedded#at=30

Wyeast
06-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I fuckin raged! :x

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n6OXzg8Ia8

Buncha fucking douchebags.:beatdown:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Pics from the riot. LSFW

They sure look like fakes!

There is no way cops would let them make out in the exclusion zone they had just created. Then the zoom shot seems to have no pixelation, and looks more like animation.

I'd say fake too...riot police won't let people make out in front of them :lol:

although that dude on the ground is GF!!!!!!! :shock:

It was real :shock:

:link: Video: Vancouver riot kissing couple tells their amazing tale (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Vancouver-riot-kissing-couple-tells-their?urn=nhl-wp7563)

PorkChopSandwiches
06-20-2011, 05:32 PM

:link: Video: Vancouver riot kissing couple tells their amazing tale (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Vancouver-riot-kissing-couple-tells-their?urn=nhl-wp7563)

:dance: You heard it here first.

deebakes
06-20-2011, 10:46 PM

:wank: :wank:

Noilly Pratt
06-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Kinda sums up the riots, and how the playoffs went... A Tale of Two Cities (Vancouver and Boston)

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way

- in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Wyeast
06-21-2011, 02:56 AM
Make no doubt, had it gone the other way Beantown would have certainly been on fire. :(

Godfather
06-21-2011, 03:00 AM
I doubt it... there weren't 100,000 people invited out for a party without enough police to control them in Beantown :roll:

Vancouver kinda dropped the ball on that one...

Deepsepia
06-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Feel bad for Van. I was there for the Olympics last year, masses of people, behaving decently, a good time had by everyone.

I'd make a special point at how decently Van treated the disabled athletes who came in for the Paralympics. I noticed a lot of fan support, and a lot of genuine effort to make these folks feel welcome.

In general, Van is a friendly and civilized place. Hockey just does get fans riled up on occasion, sometimes when they lose, sometimes when they win (little known fact: the "Miracle on Ice" US 1980 team went on a rampage in Lake Placid after winning the gold)

Put a lot of drunk people in one place and stir their emotions, and something crappy can easily happen.