PDA

View Full Version : Man rids finger of painful wart ... by shooting it off

redred
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
A SECURITY guard plagued by a painful wart was so desperate to get rid of it he blasted his own finger off.
Frustrated Sean Murphy tore off most of his middle finger after downing several pints and aiming a shotgun at it.
He was later nicked for possession of an illegal firearm.
The 38-year-old walked free from court yesterday when a judge took pity on him after hearing how he had been troubled by the ugly growth for more than five years.
Doncaster Magistrates' Court was told how Murphy had been to see his GP and tried several creams — but nothing could get rid of the wart.
Fearing he would be stuck with it forever, Murphy, who was living in a caravan, picked up the 12-bore Beretta and blasted his finger.
Hurting

He said: "It was hurting a lot and causing my finger to bend.
"It was a as big as my thumbnail. I'd been to the doctors with it and tried all sorts of things but it wouldn't go.
"I didn't expect to lose my finger as well when I shot it but the gun recoiled and that was it. The wart was gone and so was most of my finger. There was nothing left of it, so no chance of re-attaching it."
Murphy was a security officer at Markham Grange Nurseries in Brodsworth, Doncaster, South Yorks, at the time of the incident in March but has since lost his job.
Yesterday he declared he was "happy" as he was handed a 16-week suspended prison sentence.
He said: "I know I could have gone to jail for up to 15 years for a firearms offence.
"My solicitor did a very good job. The best thing is that the wart has gone. It was giving me lot of trouble."
Murphy, from Doncaster, had pleaded guilty to theft of the shotgun by finding, and possessing it without a valid firearms certificate.
He told cops he had found the gun in a HEDGE near the nursery three months earlier.
A police probe discovered it was stolen in a burglary in 2009. Murphy claimed he had no knowledge of it.
Richard Haigh, defending, said "It was a most strange case. Mr Murphy has been a victim of his own stupidity when domestic pressures got to him."
District Judge Jonathan Bennett told Murphy: "This was quite a bizarre situation. You had some kind of wart and you decided to use the shotgun to try and remove it.
"This was a most unusual way of treating it and I don't know what was going on in your mind."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3638968/Man-rids-finger-of-painful-wart-by-shooting-it-off.html#ixzz1PQkkJ3Mn

Foxdana
06-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Hehehe!! Talk about overkill! :lol:

Softdreamer
06-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Darwin award:special mention

:facepalm:

redred
06-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Hehehe!! Talk about overkill! :lol:

:overkill:

:lol: