PDA

View Full Version : Former Colorado teacher gets 7 years for sex with 12-year-old boy

Teh One Who Knocks
05-04-2016, 10:59 AM
7 News Denver

http://i.imgur.com/6ZmlWYn.jpg

GREELEY, Colo. - A former Greeley teacher accused of having sex with a middle school student between 40 and 50 times over the course of a year has been sentenced to seven years in prison.

Prosecutors with the Weld County District Attorney's Office say 25-year-old Katerina Bardos was sentenced Tuesday after previously pleading guilty to felony child abuse and attempting to commit sexual assault on a child.

Bardos was a teacher when she formed a relationship with a then 12-year-old boy, then fostered a close relationship with his mother and sisters.

Prosecutors say the teacher's actions turned criminal in 2014 when she initiated an intimate relationship under the guise of being the boy's mentor.

redred
05-04-2016, 11:15 AM
:hitit:

deebakes
05-08-2016, 05:00 PM
ewww :hand:

RBP
05-08-2016, 11:51 PM
She sexually assaulted a 12 year old 40-50 times and only got 7 years?

There was an male Illinois teacher who has sex with a female student 5 times and got 7 years for each count, 35 years total.

deebakes
05-09-2016, 12:30 AM
that doesn't seem fair :-k

allsmiles
05-09-2016, 02:27 AM
No it doesn't. Equality does not mean that one race/gender/religion is held to a different standard than anyone else. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is so difficult for people to understand.

I recently went to a college graduation where the student speaker (who was a Mexican American female) congratulated all of her Latina women peers and stressed how hard they worked to get there today. This pissed me off. Every student there was graduating with their bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree and they all worked hard to get there and I found it incredibly racist and sexist for her to only praise the women who were Latina. If a white man got up there and singled out how hard his fellow white male peers worked to get to graduation, there would likely be a public hanging afterwards. I think there are entirely too many people out there who do not understand what "equality" means.

I know that was a little off topic, but I feel that it is still related.

Griffin
05-09-2016, 02:52 AM

I want to be your bitch :cloud9:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-09-2016, 04:37 PM
No it doesn't. Equality does not mean that one race/gender/religion is held to a different standard than anyone else. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is so difficult for people to understand.

I recently went to a college graduation where the student speaker (who was a Mexican American female) congratulated all of her Latina women peers and stressed how hard they worked to get there today. This pissed me off. Every student there was graduating with their bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree and they all worked hard to get there and I found it incredibly racist and sexist for her to only praise the women who were Latina. If a white man got up there and singled out how hard his fellow white male peers worked to get to graduation, there would likely be a public hanging afterwards. I think there are entirely too many people out there who do not understand what "equality" means.

I know that was a little off topic, but I feel that it is still related.

:racist: