PDA

View Full Version : Twitter Campaign Asks ‘Frozen’ Producers to #GiveElsaAGirlfriend in Sequel

Teh One Who Knocks
05-04-2016, 12:26 PM
By Kit Bowen - Celebuzz

http://i.imgur.com/3OcZP1e.jpg

“I hope Disney makes Elsa a lesbian princess imagine how iconic that would be.”

A new campaign sweeping Twitter is asking Disney to give Frozen’s Elsa a Princess Charming in the upcoming sequel.

It all started over the weekend when Twitter user Alexis Isabel Moncada wrote:

I hope Disney makes Elsa a lesbian princess imagine how iconic that would be

— Alexis Isabel (@lexi4prez) May 1, 2016

Then she followed up with another tweet with #GiveElsaAGirlfriend and it went totally viral.

Dear @Disney, #GiveElsaAGirlfriend

— Alexis Isabel (@lexi4prez) May 1, 2016

Many fans expressed the same views, retweeting Moncada’s original tweet over 1,700 times and posting their own #GiveElsaAGirlfriend support. Here’s a just a few:

#GiveElsaAGirlfriend
Because I want this:

Kid: so you have two mommies?
my kid: yes
Kid: so like Elsa & ___
my kid: yes
Kid: that's cool!

— chelsea (@McDebnam) May 1, 2016

hey @Disney, give us a gay Elsa! Young queer kids need someone to look up to!!#GiveElsaAGirlfriend

— feminist gals (@feministgals) May 1, 2016

#GiveElsaAGirlfriend because LGBT kids deserve to know that there is nothing wrong with them����������

— jeffrey marsh (@thejeffreymarsh) May 1, 2016

Moncada wrote an article for MTV.com on Tuesday, explaining why she started the campaign. “The entertainment industry has given us girls who have fallen in love with beasts, ogres who fall for humans, and even grown women who love bees. But we’ve never been able to see the purity in a queer relationship.”

She added that “many in the LGBT community view Frozen as a metaphor for the experience of coming out and accepting who you are. Yet Elsa, the film’s protagonist, will probably end up with a male prince or king in the upcoming Frozen sequel.”

Frozen 2, which is currently in production, is slated to be released before 2018. Let’s see if this works.

RBP
05-04-2016, 02:09 PM
The lesbian ice queen?

I'll just stop there.

FBD
05-04-2016, 02:25 PM
what they left unstated is that 98% of the twitter accounts were nothing but bots :lol: