PDA

View Full Version : London mayor slams Trump's 'ignorant' view of Islam

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2016, 10:53 AM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/NAG2wmR.jpg

LONDON (AP) — London Mayor Sadiq Khan is unimpressed by Donald Trump's suggestion that he could be exempted from a proposed temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States.

Asked how that policy would affect London's first Muslim mayor, Trump told The New York Times that "there will always be exceptions."

But Khan said Tuesday that "this isn't just about me — it's about my friends, my family and everyone who comes from a background similar to mine, anywhere in the world."

He said "Donald Trump's ignorant view of Islam could make both our countries less safe" by alienating mainstream Muslims.

Trump proposed "a total and complete" ban on foreign Muslims from entering the U.S. until — in his words — "our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on."

redred
05-10-2016, 11:53 AM
:tup:

RBP
05-10-2016, 12:18 PM
:tup:

:roll: all he said is we can't vet foreign nationals from war zones, and until we can figure it out, we aren't letting any in.

Goofy
05-10-2016, 12:34 PM
:roll: all he said is we can't vet foreign nationals from war zones, and until we can figure it out, we aren't letting any in.

I wish we'd do the same.......

FBD
05-10-2016, 01:29 PM
how can your society be crushed and transformed unrecognizable under multiculturalism, then?

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2016, 03:43 PM

They sure love to twist that statement.

lost in melb.
05-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Nice detailed, articulate article :tup: