PDA

View Full Version : Deputies: man finds bullet hole 3 days after shooting himself

Teh One Who Knocks
05-10-2016, 11:27 AM
By Patricio G. Balona - Daytona Beach News-Journal

A Deltona man shot himself while cleaning a handgun but did not discover the bullet hole in his arm until three days later when he changed shirts, Volusia County sheriff's deputies said.

Deputies were called to Florida Hospital Fish Memorial in Orange City on Saturday where Michael Blevins, 37, had checked himself after discovering the bullet wound, investigators said.

Blevins told deputies that on Thursday he was cleaning a .22 caliber pistol in the living room of his Whitewood Drive home, a report stated.

Blevins could not be reached Monday as his voicemail was full.

The Deltona resident told deputies he held the gun against his chest so his dog wouldn’t jump up near it. But as Blevins stood up he felt a sharp pain, causing his back to give out, and he fell face down. Blevins said he heard a loud gunshot and then he hit his face against the edge of a glass coffee table, the report said.

Blevins said he did not feel any pain from the gunshot, possibly because of the medicine he takes for an old back injury, and only felt pain above his left eyebrow that got cut when he hit the table, deputies said.

Blevins said he was wearing a black, long-sleeve shirt and did not notice the injury on his left arm as he went about his normal routine for the next two days.

It was not until the third day on Saturday when Blevins changed into a light brown shirt, which revealed the blood stains, deputies said.

Blevins removed the shirt and noticed an entrance and exit wound on his arm that was barely bleeding at the time because the wound had cauterized, deputies said.

Deputies accompanied Blevins to his home after he was discharged and, after examining the scene, determined Blevins accidentally shot himself, the report concluded.

DemonGeminiX
05-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Given that he wore the same shirt for 3 freakin' days straight, the fact that he shot himself and didn't notice it does not surprise me in the least..

Goofy
05-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Given that he wore the same shirt for 3 freakin' days straight, the fact that he shot himself and didn't notice it does not surprise me in the least..

I was thinking the same :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Nasty fugger