PDA

View Full Version : Congressman pens 'deeply disturbing' confessions in scandalous tell-all

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2016, 10:51 AM
FOX News

A steamy new novel about to hit bookstores is - if true - threatening to blow the lid off Congress and the dirty deeds some D.C. lawmakers allegedly engage in to stay in power.

The 84-page book “The Confessions of Congressman X,” is being shopped around as a game changer that gives readers a look into the lascivious lifestyles of politicians and provides a glimpse “at the dark side of Congress as revealed by one of its own.”

Mill City Press, the book’s Minneapolis-based publisher, says the name of the author is being kept private because Congressman X “wants to remain anonymous for fear of retribution.”

A website set up to sell the scandal-heavy tome offers up a few early gems:

- “Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that’s lavished upon them.”

- "My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything."

- "Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don't know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it'll cost."

- "We spend money we don't have and blithely mortgage the future with a wink and a nod. Screw the next generation. It’s about getting credit now, lookin’ good for the upcoming election.”

The book, which its publisher describes as "deeply disturbing," goes on sale May 24 for $9.95.

RBP
05-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Nothing we didn't already know in those quotes. Where's the disturbing part?

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2016, 11:14 AM
What's disturbing is the verification. That presumably one of their own is now not lying about it to us.

RBP
05-13-2016, 11:18 AM
That's like a teenager writing an anonymous tell-all saying teenagers drink, do drugs, and fuck.

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2016, 11:19 AM
No, you misunderstand my point. One of them is being honest. That's utterly shocking.

RBP
05-13-2016, 11:21 AM
Oh. Yes. :lol: