PDA

View Full Version : World's carbon dioxide concentration teetering on the point of no return

lost in melb.
05-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Future in which global concentration of CO2 is permanently above 400 parts per million looms

The world is hurtling towards an era when global concentrations of carbon dioxide never again dip below the 400 parts per million (ppm) milestone, as two important measuring stations sit on the point of no return.

The news comes as one important atmospheric measuring station at Cape Grim in Australia is poised on the verge of 400ppm for the first time. Sitting in a region with stable CO2 concentrations, once that happens, it will never get a reading below 400ppm.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

None of the graphs are coming through...just read this

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/11/worlds-carbon-dioxide-concentration-teetering-on-the-point-of-no-return

FBD
05-13-2016, 01:39 PM
:rofl: good one

wait until they accomplish the georgia guidestones suggestion of 500 million inhabitants, that'll put it under 400 in no time at all.

or god forbid tesla's technology is ever released....but that wont happen because then we wouldnt have to pay for power.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-13-2016, 03:21 PM
Nothing is free :mad:

RBP
05-13-2016, 04:47 PM
The “tipping point” warning first started in 1989

In the late 1980s the U.N. was already claiming the world had only a decade to solve global warming or face the consequences.

The San Jose Mercury News reported on June 30, 1989 that a “senior environmental official at the United Nations, Noel Brown, says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels if global warming is not reversed by the year 2000.”

That prediction didn’t come true.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/25-years-of-predicting-the-global-warming-tipping-point/

RBP
05-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Did anything Al Gore predict actually happen? (not that I can think of)

It was an academy award winning film, so he couldn't have pulled things out of his ass. :hand:

lost in melb.
05-14-2016, 12:13 AM
It's a gradual process. Look at recent weather records..

I am sure there is something in between 'humanity being wiped off the face of the earth' and no effect

FBD
05-14-2016, 02:59 PM
that's what happens when dissimilar data sets are spliced together with little to no translation....what do you think gave us that farcical hockey stick? The old proxy being far more averaged and the new proxy with completely cherrypicked data having a higher resolution and recording larger outliers.

that which contains 99% of the mass of the solar system is mostly responsible. outer planets gravitationally lagged the tides on the sun and retarded the sunspot cycle, and the upper atmosphere shrank in response, and that's why we've had that wackyness with the always-has-existed polar vortex.

I'm all for reducing real pollution, but the carbon dioxide red herring has just got to stop :razz:

Hikari Kisugi
05-14-2016, 06:59 PM
How do you know CO2 (china india) isn't going to f us all up, you seem rather certain, why is that?

lost in melb.
05-15-2016, 11:10 AM
that's what happens when dissimilar data sets are spliced together with little to no translation....what do you think gave us that farcical hockey stick? The old proxy being far more averaged and the new proxy with completely cherrypicked data having a higher resolution and recording larger outliers.

that which contains 99% of the mass of the solar system is mostly responsible. outer planets gravitationally lagged the tides on the sun and retarded the sunspot cycle, and the upper atmosphere shrank in response, and that's why we've had that wackyness with the always-has-existed polar vortex.

I'm all for reducing real pollution, but the carbon dioxide red herring has just got to stop :razz:

Got credible evidence for your theory other than your opinion? ;)

FBD
05-15-2016, 02:36 PM
not my theory ;)

HK, the logarithmic heat absorption curve for CO2...its part of the equation but the notion of a 'tipping point' of co2 is just silly.
specific heat of co2 = .844 kj/kg ºK
water vapor 1.93 kj/kg ºK
methane 2.22

"normal air" 1.01

"normal air" has more heat capacity than co2

you have to REALLY be attached to that outcome to play these co2 games.

lost in melb.
05-17-2016, 10:50 AM
not my theory ;)

HK, the logarithmic heat absorption curve for CO2...its part of the equation but the notion of a 'tipping point' of co2 is just silly.
specific heat of co2 = .844 kj/kg ºK
water vapor 1.93 kj/kg ºK
methane 2.22

"normal air" 1.01

"normal air" has more heat capacity than co2

you have to REALLY be attached to that outcome to play these co2 games.

FBD, I'm no expert, but I don't think that specific heat is the issue. I don't think there is much argument against CO2 being a greenhouse gas

FBD
05-17-2016, 02:03 PM
right, its the whole matter of the IR heat absorption curve being logarithmic and we're pretty much past the steep part, so warmistas need to resort to other statistical bastardizations like asserting its going to all turn to carbonic acid in the oceans and kill off all kinds of things :razz:

there's a problem when people have a preconceived notion about something and are that intellectually dishonest that they will water down the statistics and data collected to obtain the desired result.

reminds me of "doing the same thing over and over again is the definition of insanity" where einstein had a result or direction he thought was proper, and was willing to disregard scientific information telling him otherwise, when he saw things that didnt fit with what he thought was right in his head.