PDA

View Full Version : Clinton aims to stop Sanders winning streak in Oregon, Kentucky primaries

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2016, 10:58 AM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/rDdkqWi.jpg

An increasingly bitter Democratic primary race moved on to contests in Kentucky and Oregon Tuesday, with front-runner Hillary Clinton harkening back to sunnier economic times in her final pitch to voters.

At a campaign stop in Hopkinsville, Ky. Monday, Clinton said her husband, former President Bill Clinton would be "in charge of revitalizing the economy" if she wins the White House.

Spokesman Nick Merrill said later Monday that Clinton would be getting ahead of herself to talk about "any sort of formalized role for anyone." But, he added, Bill Clinton "has a lot to offer and it would be foolish not to use that in some capacity."

With Clinton facing a two-front fight against Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, she's stressing that her husband would be an asset in her administration, particularly with the kind of Southern white voters who once backed him but now are drawn to Trump.

The 55 delegates at stake in Kentucky's primary and the 61 up for grabs in Oregon won't swing the Democratic nomination. Clinton already has an insurmountable lead in the delegate race, 2,240-to-1,437, with 2,383 needed to clinch her party's White House nod.

However, Sanders has won 10 of the past 12 state contests, which is inspiring him to keep his campaign alive through the remaining nine Democratic contests and the party’s nominating convention in July.

Limited polling shows Clinton with a double-digit lead in Kentucky ahead of Tuesday’s contest. As one of the country’s most liberal states, Oregon would appear like Sanders territory. However, the state’s Democratic primary is open only to registered Democrats, a situation that has hurt Sanders in other states with so-called “closed primaries," considering his crossover appeal to independent voters.

However, Tuesday's contests have been overshadowed by a divisive state Democratic party convention in Nevada. Sanders supporters were accused of throwing chairs and making death threats against Nevada Democratic Party chairwoman Roberta Lange.

A letter sent to the Democratic National Committee by Nevada State Democratic Party General Counsel Bradley S. Schrager warned that Sanders supporters had displayed a "penchant for ... actual violence" and could use similar tactics to disrupt this summer's convention in Philadelphia.

Nevada was the third state to vote in the Democratic nominating contest, but it has continued to be a flashpoint for months. Clinton won the February statewide caucuses 53-47. But Sanders supporters flooded county conventions that would select delegates to Saturday's state convention, hoping to give their candidate an edge on actual delegates who would be sent to Philadelphia.

Sanders issued a statement on Friday night calling for backers to work together "respectfully and constructively" at Saturday's convention. But Sanders' supporters did not seem to heed his advice. They booed when a set of convention rules was adopted over their objections, forcing Lange to bang the gavel in futile attempts to restore order.

Anger swelled further after a credentials committee disqualified nearly 60 would-be Sanders' delegates, saying they didn't provide proper identifying information or were not registered Democratic voters by a May 1 deadline. The Clinton campaign turned out 33 more supporters to the convention than the Sanders campaign, enough to cement a 20-15 edge among Nevada delegates heading to Philadelphia.

As the event dragged on three hours past its scheduled end, hotel security said they could no longer staff the event and it was closed down.

The Nevada dissension points to the challenges Clinton will face in converting Sanders supporters to her side as Trump also targets disaffected Democrats who supported the Vermont senator.

Trump has repeatedly talked about how Sanders is being treated poorly by the party establishment, and his aides suggest he could make inroads among some of the voters who have backed Sanders' insurgent bid. Sanders himself often criticizes Trump as a racist in his stump speech, but he has said the responsibility for Democratic unity lies largely with Clinton.

Clinton has been preaching unity. After notching a big win in Pennsylvania's primary on April 26, she said, "Whether you support Sen. Sanders or support me, there's much more that unites us than divides us."

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2016, 10:59 AM
Bernie keeps winning primaries, but Clinton keeps widening the delegate count gap...nothing hinkey there at all

deebakes
05-17-2016, 01:10 PM
^^^ try explaining this to foreign people that thought we had a vote that mattered :lol:

RBP
05-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Bernie will blow her out in Oregon.

Kentucky will be interesting since the eastern part of the state borders on West Virginia and is also coal country. Her coal jobs gaffe has turned out to be as disastrous as it sounded when she said it.

FBD
05-17-2016, 02:09 PM
it doesnt matter, electoral fraud will determine the D candidate

PorkChopSandwiches
05-17-2016, 03:33 PM
I have heard people who support Bernie, I have heard people who support Trump. What I NEVER hear is anyone supporting Hillary

fricnjay
05-17-2016, 03:57 PM
1121026491287378/

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2016, 04:06 PM
I have heard people who support Bernie, I have heard people who support Trump. What I NEVER hear is anyone supporting Hillary

Yet she has a ginormous delegate lead :|

Muddy
05-17-2016, 04:08 PM
hinkey hinkey touch my winkey..

RBP
05-17-2016, 04:09 PM

Me either, but I don't travel in those circles. My girlfriend, however, lives in that alternate universe and she says the same thing, she never encounters anyone who support Hillary.

Muddy
05-17-2016, 04:12 PM
I would vote Hillary over Bernie Sanders in a heart beat.

RBP
05-17-2016, 04:14 PM

:puke:

Muddy
05-17-2016, 04:14 PM
:puke:

I would.. That guys fuckin insane! You think Obama has damaged the country? Get a true activist in there... :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2016, 04:15 PM

:snapout:

Say what you will about Bernie's policies, but at least he's honest about what he says and he means what he says.

Not that I agree with any of it :lol:

RBP
05-17-2016, 04:16 PM
I would.. That guys fuckin insane! You think Obama has damaged the country? Get a true activist in there... :lol:

Bernie couldn't get that done. Bought, paid for, and corrupt-as-fuck Clinton, on the other hand, might get done whatever she's paid to get done.

Muddy
05-17-2016, 04:16 PM
:snapout:

Say what you will about Bernie's policies, but at least he's honest about what he says and he means what he says.

Not that I agree with any of it :lol:

Yeah and let me tell you what he "means" to do... :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-17-2016, 04:34 PM

Not me

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Yeah and let me tell you what he "means" to do... :lol:

Bernie couldn't get that done. Bought, paid for, and corrupt-as-fuck Clinton, on the other hand, might get done whatever she's paid to get done.

What RBP said, Bernie wouldn't be able to get anything thru congress

Muddy
05-17-2016, 04:40 PM
What RBP said, Bernie wouldn't be able to get anything thru congress

After Obama I don't doubt anything.. Executive actions etc.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-17-2016, 04:44 PM
Hillary is exactly the same as Obama, possibly worse. At least Bernies intentions are good. Hillarys are not

RBP
05-17-2016, 04:45 PM
After Obama I don't doubt anything.. Executive actions etc.

Fair enough. IMHO, I'd take honest and leftist over a corrupt snake.

FBD
05-17-2016, 05:25 PM
I tried explaining to the many Bernie supporters that

1) he talks nicely, but his policies ALL rely on the country assuming more debt. news flash, we are already beyond the point at which our debt is repayable. the only question is how much will we default.

2) he talks a good game about the banks, but then served a crucial role in helping water down the audit the fed bill.

so after those two statements, I dont know how anyone can call him a serious candidate.

Burlington College Closing Due To "Crushing Debt" Incurred Under Presidency Of Bernie Sanders' Wife
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-16/burlington-college-closing-due-crushing-debt-incurred-under-presidency-bernie-sander

Although, without electoral fraud, he'd be blowing cankles out of the water, plain and simple.

fricnjay
05-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Honestly I really like what Bernie stands for and agree with his grievances about the current state of our government and country. However I DO NOT agree in any way shape or form his ideas of how to go about fixing it and believe it will make it worse. As far as Hillary goes I think she is at best guilty of murder, treason, and lying under oath and has no right to be President because her bitch ass belongs in prison.