PDA

View Full Version : Woman gets 20 years for trying to hire Hitman

Yt Trash
06-17-2011, 11:31 AM
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Dalia Dippolito of Boynton Beach has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

She will receive credit for time served since her arrest, which is close to two years.

Dippolito is convicted of solicitation to commit first-degree murder after hiring a hit man to kill her husband.

At her trial last month, a jury found Dalia Dippolito guilty of hiring a hit man to kill her husband, Michael in August 2009.

The hit man was actually an undercover police officer.

Michael Dippolito reacted to the sentence outside the courtroom saying, "I wish we were never here and as far as the sentence, I'm five thousand percent happy with it."

Before her sentence was handed down, Dalia's brother and sister pleaded with the judge.

"She helped raise me,” said Amir Mohammed.

Michael also spoke to the judge before the sentence, saying his wife ruined his life.

"I feel sorry for everybody crying in the courtroom today, but you know what, I got to feel sorry for myself," said Dippolito.

In videotaped evidence, Dippolito said she was sure she wanted her husband dead.

The judge told Dalia what he thought of her conviction.

"It was pure evil. You were taking advantage of a guy who was gullible, who was in love with you and you contrived these elaborate plans," said Palm Beach County judge Jeffery Colbath.

In the end the prosecution, who asked for the maximum 30 years, was pleased with 20.

Speaking about the judges sentence, Chief Assistant State Attorney Elizabeth Parker said, "He clearly took into account of the seriousness of this case and what was at stake here which was a person's life. I mean, as i said at the sentencing, she was an unsuccessful murderer."

Police say the motive was ownership of the couple's Boynton Beach home and Michael's money.

The reality TV show cops filmed parts of this investigation leading to an internal investigation within the Boynton Beach Police Department.

No officers were disciplined as a result of that investigation.

AntZ
06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udM2m2NwvU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl4Cg5LZLTM

Teh One Who Knocks
06-17-2011, 01:18 PM
It's always hilarious when I see people busted for trying to hire hitmen....what do they think, you can find them in the classifieds or on Craigslist? :lol:

Arkady Renko
06-17-2011, 01:24 PM
It's always hilarious when I see people busted for trying to hire hitmen....what do they think, you can find them in the classifieds or on Craigslist? :lol:

apparently...I guess they think something like "if I can find hookers on craigslist, why wouldn't I be able to find a perfectly good hitman on there?"

KevinD
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
We're a bit harder to get a hold of than that, hahaha..Word of mouth only..

deebakes
06-18-2011, 01:39 AM
there are hookers on craiglist? :shock:

RBP
06-18-2011, 02:18 AM
used to be hookers on CL :sad2:

still are in Canada

deebakes
06-18-2011, 02:21 AM
<--- moves to vancouver

Arkady Renko
06-20-2011, 12:41 PM
there are hookers on craiglist? :shock:

allegedly that's where the Long Island killer found most of his victims.